Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
It's not a problem with the mod, it's a problem with your save like I said. The highest the twin's friendship can be in the game is 31, but in your save their friendship is 33. I'm not sure how many of their events you haven't seen because of it, but if you use the 'Cheat Mode!' in the cheat menu and set their friendship to 30 and play their last event (their guide mod button will work again), and that will complete their current story at least. You could maybe try setting it to less than 30 if you missed any of their events before that.
i was having the same problem ill just start a new game and not change any of the relationship points

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Hey there, got a quick question, how to uninstall this mod?
First of all, don't remove the mod if you plan on using any saves you made with it installed because it's more than a little likely it won't work.
Other than that, it's pretty much as LorgarAurelian said in that you'll pretty much have to reinstall the original game.

CherishingAss

Aug 10, 2021
First of all, don't remove the mod if you plan on using any saves you made with it installed because it's more than a little likely it won't work.
Other than that, it's pretty much as LorgarAurelian said in that you'll pretty much have to reinstall the original game.
Oof, thats quite an inconvenience, oh well it is what it is.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Oof, thats quite an inconvenience, oh well it is what it is.
I just wanna say that despite what other people say, this mod and none of my other mods cause or will cause any issues with save compatibility. There's an issue in the game that causes saves not to load, and my mod adds a script that fixes that problem which is why people are always able to load their saves with my mod installed. If you want to use your save without the mod, then saving the game with all of the mod windows not open and not showing makes the issue in the game much less likely to happen.
As for uninstalling it, just re-extracting the game from the zip file is easiest tbh.

CherishingAss

Aug 10, 2021
As for uninstalling it, just re-extracting the game from the zip file is easiest tbh.
I tried re-extracting, it didn't remove the mod's stuff, it just overwrited things that are not mod related. I did however manually deleted every single thing that the mod extracted and that worked. Should I take a deeper look into this and maybe just maybe put out a guide?

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I tried re-extracting, it didn't remove the mod's stuff, it just overwrited things that are not mod related. I did however manually deleted every single thing that the mod extracted and that worked. Should I take a deeper look into this and maybe just maybe put out a guide?
When we're talking about re-installing the game, we weren't talking about overwriting the original. We were talking about deleting it and creating a new one.

CherishingAss

Aug 10, 2021
When we're talking about re-installing the game, we weren't talking about overwriting the original. We were talking about deleting it and creating a new one.
Ah I see, I got a bit confused because Lain said ‘re-extracting’ (the original file is zipped and requires extracting) but yes you’re absolutely right.

sandtiger_dell

Jun 13, 2020
Thank you for the mod. I couldn't figure out how to get Lucy started. Your method worked perfectly. I really appreciate the help (I was very frustrated)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
missing text... any solutions?
That's not an issue with the mod, that happens when you install a translation then stop using it. You need to switch the language back to English or install the translation you were using again.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes