Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Headhunt3r

Jul 28, 2020
Ah, Runey hasn't used the variable for that event so it's actually not possible for the mod to check if you've seen that event, sorry. I'll make note of that the next time the game/mod is updated.

You probably have an old "0.13" compressed version and need the "0.13.1" game version, or you put the mod in the incorrect folder.

That's not caused by the mod, that's how the game used to do the event a long time ago in one of the beta releases. If you upload your save I might be able to see what's wrong.

Here you go, it should work now. You were in the middle of Maria's event but I put you in the lobby before her event started.
Also F95 adds some numbers to the start of uploaded files, so after you download it make sure to rename it from "1343614_1-1-LT1.save" to "1-1-LT1.save". lol at your names for everyone btw. xD
Worked like a charm, thanks! i will keep that in mind for the future to go to a neutral position bevor upgrading my game version^^

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I did try to play around a bit in the new version so I may have broke the quest altogether but any help or insight you could provide, I'll know if I'm better off picking up from an older save and go from there.

Thanks so much for your help! :)
It's not your fault I think Runey just made a mistake in the code a few updates ago. To fix it press Shift+O and type jump lin_syliath to fix it, or replace your save with this one where I did the same thing.

Biggs94

Feb 25, 2021
It's not your fault I think Runey just made a mistake in the code a few updates ago. To fix it press Shift+O and type jump lin_syliath to fix it, or replace your save with this one where I did the same thing.
Thank you so much! Worked perfect. Awesome work, I really appreciate your dedication and wouldn't have enjoyed this game nearly as much without your mod. <3

Reactions: Maid Lain
Oct 10, 2019
i have an issue

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/clone_events.rpy', 1612411200, 0) is defined twice, at game/clone_events.rpyc:1048 and game/scripts/clone_events.rpy:1048.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\descargas\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/clone_events.rpy', 1612411200, 0) is defined twice, at game/clone_events.rpyc:1048 and game/scripts/clone_events.rpy:1048.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Tue Jul 27 23:23:17 2021

Valerian34

Oct 3, 2018
I have the same issues as Nicole12. This is after I've overwritten the game files and opened the game, the game did not open, instead it gave this error right from the start in a notepad.

Edit: I've read your comment about needing 1.3.1 for the mod. I Will try to update the game and see if that will work.

Edit 2: It worked, thanks for the mod.

Last edited:

devfebg7746

May 11, 2020
I have the same issues as Nicole12. This is after I've overwritten the game files and opened the game, the game did not open, instead it gave this error right from the start in a notepad.

Edit: I've read your comment about needing 1.3.1 for the mod. I Will try to update the game and see if that will work.

Edit 2: It worked, thanks for the mod.
how did u fix it bro?

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Maim Lain : Just noticed something missing in the cheats... There isn't any option to reset Peni's slave/love route, it seems... Do you plan to add this possibility for next patch? Thanks for all these nice mods.

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Hi,
Can you help me out
I downloaded the latest version of the game " Harem Hotel [v0.13.1 Public]" and I installed your "Lain's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod [v0.13.1]" and
I have a problem at the launch of the GAME.
SEE log below:

Last edited:
Reactions: supernova25

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I downloaded the latest version of the game " Harem Hotel [v0.13.1 Public]" and I installed your "Lain's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod [v0.13.1]" and I have a problem at the launch of the GAME.
SEE log below:
I have a feeling that you downloaded the "0.13" game and just renamed your folder to "[v0.13.1 Public]" instead of downloading the actual "0.13.1" game. :unsure:
Download the actual 0.13.1 game and install the mod and it will work.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I haven't updated the mod for 0.13.2 yet. (don't use the 0.13.1 mod with the 0.13.2 game!)

I've been looking at and thinking over the last 12 hours while doing the mod update whether I want to add a new custom scene or not. AnimeThink.png
I have some ideas but idk. I'll probably decide after I wake up whether I wanna add new scene in this update or maybe just wait until 0.14 to add new scene. idk

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
I haven't updated the mod for 0.13.2 yet. (don't use the 0.13.1 mod with the 0.13.2 game!)

I've been looking at and thinking over the last 12 hours while doing the mod update whether I want to add a new custom scene or not. View attachment 1338337
I have some ideas but idk. I'll probably decide after I wake up whether I wanna add new scene in this update or maybe just wait until 0.14 to add new scene. idk
Hello,
I hope you woke up in great shape and you decided to choose the first option. That would be awesome !
Have a good day...

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

I've been looking at and thinking over the last 12 hours while doing the mod update whether I want to add a new custom scene or not. View attachment 1338337
Just take your time, if you feel motivate then a new custom scene would be very nice but if you can't then just a simple bugfix update and safe it for the next version. Whatever you choice are we all respect it and feel very grateful that you working hard for strangers like us

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes