Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
So you only have the 0.13 game and not the 0.13.1 game then? You'll need the 0.13.1 game or 0.13 -> 0.13.1 patch to use the mod. (Make sure you read the info about the del_files.txt file if you use the patch)

In your case if you've only downloaded the 0.13.1 game and only 0.13.1 mod and get an error, then you've very likely just put the mod in the wrong folder. Make sure it's in the right spot:
PC:
Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Harem_Hotel-v0.13.1-pc" folder.
Sorry, it's me again. I downloaded version 0.13.1. like it is to be found on the first page of the game, then I added the mod and it broke the game, no kidding. I don't get it, I am really sorry to bother you - and THANKS FOR THE GREAT MOD!!!

Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
I'm getting this error:

So I'm getting this error when trying to start the game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I installed the mod, in case that might be it. Although the fact I seemed to only have had the 13.0 version of the game might have something to do with it. I'll try reDLing the game to check, but I'm leaving this up just in case.
It would seem this error has nothing to do with the mod. On the main HH thread, Runey says this happens when you merge game files. Runey recommends that you download a fresh copy of HH and extract on a new folder. Never on top of a previous version.

Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
Is it possible for someone to upload the APK version of HH with this mod for android users? Sorry if I sound like a beggar, I just can't get it to work with Joiplay like the guides suggest to use. Thank you.
I'm no Android user but from what I've seen it seems that HH is too heavy to do that. That's why there's no apk version in the HH thread.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Sorry, it's me again. I downloaded version 0.13.1. like it is to be found on the first page of the game, then I added the mod and it broke the game, no kidding. I don't get it, I am really sorry to bother you - and THANKS FOR THE GREAT MOD!!!
Are you installing the mod correctly? Make sure that the mod's "game" folder is put into the game's main folder (where the game is launched from). You'll know it's correct if you are asked to replace 6 files (say "yes").

Reactions: ray3dave

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
It would seem this error has nothing to do with the mod. On the main HH thread, Runey says this happens when you merge game files. Runey recommends that you download a fresh copy of HH and extract on a new folder. Never on top of a previous version.
No, it's not like that, i just downloaded the game from the link and put the mod inside the game folder and that's all. I don't have the old version of the game, i deleted that months ago so didn't merge any files.

EDIT: I found out what was missing, the version of the game mismatch, i had the previous release v13 of Harem Hotel but Maim Lain mod works only with v13.1. Solution: download the game again and apply the mod.

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
No, it's not like that, i just downloaded the game from the link and put the mod inside the game folder and that's all. I don't have the old version of the game, i deleted that months ago so didn't merge any files.
Are you putting the mod into the game folder or the folder called "game"? If it's the second one, then it's wrong, and you should've done the first one.

Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
Your traceback says v0.13, so either
  1. You have the wrong version altogether. If so, then download the new version entirely (v0.13.1) or get the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch.
  2. You have downloaded the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch. If so, then the most likely explanation is that you haven't deleted the files the patch tells you to delete. Look for a file named "del_files.txt" in the main folder (where the .exe is).

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Your traceback says v0.13, so either
  1. You have the wrong version altogether. If so, then download the new version entirely (v0.13.1) or get the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch.
  2. You have downloaded the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch. If so, then the most likely explanation is that you haven't deleted the files the patch tells you to delete. Look for a file named "del_files.txt" in the main folder (where the .exe is).
The links in the main HH thread already have the game .13.1 and I did a fresh install, got the new updated mod and got the same traceback issue surrounding the twins. Don't know what the issue is but I want to see the new Lin stuff.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
The links in the main HH thread already have the game .13.1 and I did a fresh install, got the new updated mod and got the same traceback issue surrounding the twins. Don't know what the issue is but I want to see the new Lin stuff.
From what I saw of your traceback, you didn't install the mod correctly. The mod is copied directly to the game's main folder (Harem_Hotel-v0.13.1-pc).

Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
Care to share your traceback?

If you don't have the wrong version and have not overwritten your v0.13 with the new v0.13.1 and are not using the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch, then I'm not sure what's going on. I've downloaded a fresh copy of v0.13.1 and the mod works just fine. Maybe you extracted the mod in the 'game' folder? It should be extracted in the main folder (where the .exe is)

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018

If you don't have the wrong version and have not overwritten your v0.13 with the new v0.13.1 and are not using the v0.13 -> v0.13.1 patch, then I'm not sure what's going on. I've downloaded a fresh copy of v0.13.1 and the mod works just fine. Maybe you extracted the mod in the 'game' folder? It should be extracted in the main folder (where the .exe is)
That's been my thought as well.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

Fresh desktop install worked

Cettos

Sep 8, 2020
hello lain how do i download android version? I'm not able to download it and I would really like to play on the android version because I don't want to use the pc version because I don't want to start all over again. If you can tell me how much I appreciate it.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I've updated my mod for 0.13.1 (sorry I wasn't very quick though).
You'll need the 0.13.1 game or "0.13 -> 0.13.1" patch to use the mod.

Awesomeness!!! Thank you so very much for doing this.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes