Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

popober

Jun 9, 2017
It would seem this error has nothing to do with the mod. On the main HH thread, Runey says this happens when you merge game files. Runey recommends that you download a fresh copy of HH and extract on a new folder. Never on top of a previous version.
It actually seems like it was all to do with the mod, as I didn't merge game files. It fixed itself once I used the patch and manually deleted the listed files.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Are you installing the mod correctly? Make sure that the mod's "game" folder is put into the game's main folder (where the game is launched from). You'll know it's correct if you are asked to replace 6 files (say "yes").
SORRY! Finally I found the mistake, and of course it was totally my mistake! I must admit that I really used the wrong version 0.13., which was replaced with 0.13.1 before I could handle the problem, and so I thought I could not have downloaded 0.13 cause it wasn't there anymore! Everyone here trying to help - THANKS A LOT! You were right, I was a fool!

maultierr

Apr 4, 2018
the ported version of android 13.1. the mod was installed easily. everything works perfectly. thanks to the developer :}

Sep 16, 2019
I think a big issue is that people are feeling protective of Lain after the harrasment/Patreon fiasco last year that caused her to go radio silent and stop updating for awhile.

Add that to the fact where if you search the thread you can see her response about working on the update and you can see why people are a little peeved when people constantly ask.
Yeah, I get that but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to berate people. Sure, we all get down in the dumps from time to time for what ever reasons, it's all part of being human. Sometimes life gets me down too :(, it's normal, but I can't say I'd feel any better if some random stranger started being obnoxious to people who asked me questions that might be about something I'd rather not deal with at that time, especially if the asker was unaware of my circumstances. I'd likely be more freaked out than anything. It's just too easy to be rude and obnoxious when you're hiding behind a keyboard while in r/l, face to face, you'd probably be a little more diplomatic (I would hope). If we shouldn't call people out for shitty behaviour then, well, I guess our whole world is screwed. Peace n' love n' all that. You can still show a little courtesy and consideration while informing someone of their indiscretion, you'll likely get a better result. It's not as though the person who made the enquiry was trying to be an arsehole, they just weren't aware of the circumstances.

Last edited:

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
If you use a patch to get to v0.13.1 from v0.13, it might not change the version displayed in game and i don't know what else.
That's in options.rpy* and because only options.rpyc is in the del_files.txt, if options.rpy exists it can mess things up.
To be safe, make a list of all the rpyc files in the patch archive and remove them and the respective rpy files before extracting the patch.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
im having trouble loading my save, any idea why? i installed a fresh version and installed lains mod...
I think this is because Runey moved around some files in the 0.13.1 game update which might have caused problems for some people. Upload your save here and I can probably fix it.

Biggs94

Feb 25, 2021
I think I may have encountered a small bug. I saved the game at the end of day 2 of the boat trip to Syl'naar (spelling?), however, when day 3 started and we should have landed, I woke up in the hotel. Now I can't get the game to restart the event with Lin. Anyone else experience this/found a fix? I'm not sure if this is specific to the Lain Mod?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I used a rope, but there is no checkmark. What's wrong?
Ah, Runey hasn't used the variable for that event so it's actually not possible for the mod to check if you've seen that event, sorry. I'll make note of that the next time the game/mod is updated.

Its not working in the compressed version errors r showing that items r defined at 2 places
You probably have an old "0.13" compressed version and need the "0.13.1" game version, or you put the mod in the incorrect folder.

I think I may have encountered a small bug. I saved the game at the end of day 2 of the boat trip to Syl'naar (spelling?), however, when day 3 started and we should have landed, I woke up in the hotel. Now I can't get the game to restart the event with Lin. Anyone else experience this/found a fix? I'm not sure if this is specific to the Lain Mod?
That's not caused by the mod, that's how the game used to do the event a long time ago in one of the beta releases. If you upload your save I might be able to see what's wrong.

Thanks, you're the best <3
Here you go, it should work now. You were in the middle of Maria's event but I put you in the lobby before her event started.
Also F95 adds some numbers to the start of uploaded files, so after you download it make sure to rename it from "1343614_1-1-LT1.save" to "1-1-LT1.save". lol at your names for everyone btw. xD

Delas

Feb 12, 2018
thanks Lain for the awesome work again. i love the game and your mod.
i wish you good health, long life and prosperity. take care :)

Reactions: Maid Lain

Biggs94

Feb 25, 2021
Ah, Runey hasn't used the variable for that event so it's actually not possible for the mod to check if you've seen that event, sorry. I'll make note of that the next time the game/mod is updated.

You probably have an old "0.13" compressed version and need the "0.13.1" game version, or you put the mod in the incorrect folder.

That's not caused by the mod, that's how the game used to do the event a long time ago in one of the beta releases. If you upload your save I might be able to see what's wrong.

Here you go, it should work now. You were in the middle of Maria's event but I put you in the lobby before her event started.
Also F95 adds some numbers to the start of uploaded files, so after you download it make sure to rename it from "1343614_1-1-LT1.save" to "1-1-LT1.save". lol at your names for everyone btw. xD

I'm not sure which one it would be but I imagine not one of the autosaves.

I did try to play around a bit in the new version so I may have broke the quest altogether but any help or insight you could provide, I'll know if I'm better off picking up from an older save and go from there.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes