Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I know that the MOD is just great and makes the game much more fun. But this time the update crashed my game. Is it me?

dasupergeek

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, pretty harsh reply to your enquiry. Lain expressed previously that she was feeling a little flat atm so, it seems, the vigilante do gooders have jumped to radical defend and protect mode verbally assaulting anyone naïve enough to so much as ask if there's an update. You're automatically a selfish and pushy person by default, seems like the new trend on the block.

PS, I'm probably gunna suffer now for even defending you :LOL:
I think a big issue is that people are feeling protective of Lain after the harrasment/Patreon fiasco last year that caused her to go radio silent and stop updating for awhile.

Add that to the fact where if you search the thread you can see her response about working on the update and you can see why people are a little peeved when people constantly ask.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
If you used the 0.13.1 patch and it shows an error that must mean that you didn't delete the files in your game folder that are listed in the "del_files.txt" file from the patch.
Got the same thing myself from just downloading the game's version from the NOPY link. Didn't download any extra patch on my end and still got the same issue. Never attempted to use this mod until now

Oh well

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Got the same thing myself from just downloading the game's version from the NOPY link. Didn't download any extra patch on my end and still got the same issue. Never attempted to use this mod until now
Are you sure it's the 0.13.1 version of the game you downloaded from nopy?

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I haven't said anything about Violet, but I have been thinking a lot the past couple days if I wanted to restore her to the game through the mod. But doing that would increase the size of the mod by maybe 200mb which I don't really want to do, and creating separate mods for the walkthrough and custom/restored stuff would maybe confuse people and complicate things. So I'm unsure if I'll restore her character or not. :/
Thanks for the clarification.
Would like to see that content restored - but very understandable from a mod pov!

Best wishes and Cheers

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
If you used the 0.13.1 patch and it shows an error that must mean that you didn't delete the files in your game folder that are listed in the "del_files.txt" file from the patch.
I did not use the patch, I simply downloaded the newest updated version. Does your comment mean that if I dleete the files named in the traceback the game will work again?

By the way - the game worked perfectly fine without the MOD, only it is so much better with the mod.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
I'm getting this error:

So I'm getting this error when trying to start the game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I installed the mod, in case that might be it. Although the fact I seemed to only have had the 13.0 version of the game might have something to do with it. I'll try reDLing the game to check, but I'm leaving this up just in case.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I'm getting this error:

So I'm getting this error when trying to start the game:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/clone_events.rpy', 1612411200, 0) is defined twice, at game/clone_events.rpyc:1048 and game/scripts/clone_events.rpy:1048.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.13-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/clone_events.rpy', 1612411200, 0) is defined twice, at game/clone_events.rpyc:1048 and game/scripts/clone_events.rpy:1048.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Mon Jul 26 04:25:05 2021

I installed the mod, in case that might be it. Although the fact I seemed to only have had the 13.0 version of the game might have something to do with it. I'll try reDLing the game to check, but I'm leaving this up just in case.
From the OP.
Untitled.png

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I did not use the patch, I simply downloaded the newest updated version. Does your comment mean that if I dleete the files named in the traceback the game will work again?
So you only have the 0.13 game and not the 0.13.1 game then? You'll need the 0.13.1 game or 0.13 -> 0.13.1 patch to use the mod. (Make sure you read the info about the del_files.txt file if you use the patch)

In your case if you've only downloaded the 0.13.1 game and only 0.13.1 mod and get an error, then you've very likely just put the mod in the wrong folder. Make sure it's in the right spot:
PC:
Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Harem_Hotel-v0.13.1-pc" folder.

Reactions: ray3dave

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
I updated to 13.1 manually and the game launched just fine with the mod after deleting the files asked.
P.S. Thanks for the mod(s)

Reactions: Maid Lain

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, I didn't notice I only had the 0.13 version. Although I tried installing the patch, then reinstalling the mod, but it still didn't work. Guess I need a fresh copy of the game, which means no Harem Hotel for me right now. Oh well.

EDIT: Alright, I manually deleted the listed files in the update patch's "del_files" note. I thought that was just an "in-case" thing.

Guess it's HAREM HOTEL TIME, BAY-BEE!

Jul 15, 2019
Is it possible for someone to upload the APK version of HH with this mod for android users? Sorry if I sound like a beggar, I just can't get it to work with Joiplay like the guides suggest to use. Thank you.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes