Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Is there a way to load modded saves from v.12.4 to v.13? If i load i get a cycle of two errors
I'll try it when my download finishes. It's gonna take awhile though, my ISP is severely overloaded atm so I'm stuck using an also overburdened VPN service to even have Internet at all. I normally wait til the mod updates for each version because I know how closely Lain's mods are woven in with the game coding, but I'm curious now lol....

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
In case this helps anyone,

I managed to get old saves to work with an un-modded 0.13 by extracting the mod under a different folder and just copying AON_sensitive_fix.* to the game folder.

Last edited:

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Update: I extracted 0.13 to a fresh folder (as usual, I never install over old versions), then loaded my last save under 0.12 (I never downloaded the bugfixes since I wasn't having any of the bug issues that got squashed.) That one and both my oldest saves from June of 2019 all loaded perfectly, just without the mod even though all my previous saves were made under modded versions of the game. As long as you do not have the wrong mod version actually installed in 0.13, your game should run just fine. :)

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
Update: I extracted 0.13 to a fresh folder (as usual, I never install over old versions), then loaded my last save under 0.12 (I never downloaded the bugfixes since I wasn't having any of the bug issues that got squashed.) That one and both my oldest saves from June of 2019 all loaded perfectly, just without the mod even though all my previous saves were made under modded versions of the game. As long as you do not have the wrong mod version actually installed in 0.13, your game should run just fine. :)
You must've gotten lucky cause my 12.4 modded saves don't work on v13. However mpekas solution seems to work

May 27, 2020
I don't know how and why,but my saves and mod(only the stat change) both works fine with v0.13. I had 12.4 compressed version with mod then I extrected the compressed update patch into the game. So far no issue.

zodiac1234

Jul 22, 2019
In case this helps anyone,

I managed to get old saves to work with an un-modded 0.13 by extracting the mod under a different folder and just copying AON_sensitive_fix.* to the game folder.

Just wanted to say thank you, this worked for me

tunknownusert

Aug 3, 2020
If I am not mistaken Lain plans to rework this mod from scratch, so it will take a some more time to be released to v0.13 of HH.

I am missing 2 Vanessa scenes I can't find a way to trigger them.

Waiting patiently for this v13 HH mod release kk
Same, I can't seem to get those to trigger but it might be due to hitting the event which locks one of the girls out until its completion. Hitting that might be preventing me from progressing on that but no clue really. Also cannot seem to get the last 2 Jin scenes either. Stuck at 2/4 for her.

Nvm, figured out what I was missing for Jin, now just Vanessa remains.

Okay figured out what to do for the next scene for Vanessa btw.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019
If I am not mistaken Lain plans to rework this mod from scratch, so it will take a some more time to be released to v0.13 of HH.
God I hope not right now. Really excited to play .13, haven't played HH in like 4 updates, but don't wanna jump in without this. Regardless, Lain will put out good content and that's what'll matter at the end of the day.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
You must've gotten lucky cause my 12.4 modded saves don't work on v13. However mpekas solution seems to work
Again, 0.12, not 0.12.4. I had none of the bugs that got squashed with 0.12.4 so i never downloaded it. Also, I always install into a clean folder and then delete the older version once I successfully load a save in the new one. I do that for all Ren'py games, taking advantage of the persistent savefiles that Ren'py creates in Windows. To date (after over 2 years of playing HH) I have never had any issues with loading older saves, even from my very oldest save point. Unless there was some uncaught bug with 0.12.4 that is causing the issue, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Did you maybe use a file hosted somewhere besides Mega?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I think you get that if you use the 0.12.4 mod on the 0.13 version of the game. You just need to wait for the 0.13 version of the mod.
Along with this, some of the earlier scenes in the game have been reworked, and Violet (an unofficial character) was removed; therefore, I don't think it's a good idea to be trying to use this mod with the game until it gets updated. Maim posted that she was going to be working on the update a couple of days ago, so just be patient and wait a little bit.

Reactions: Anders Niet

SIPBB

Aug 9, 2020
Along with this, some of the earlier scenes in the game have been reworked, and Violet (an unofficial character) was removed; therefore, I don't think it's a good idea to be trying to use this mod with the game until it gets updated. Maim posted that she was going to be working on the update a couple of days ago, so just be patient and wait a little bit.

Apr 13, 2018
who is violet and why was she removed? (havent played for awhile)

Reactions: AJ

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
who is violet and why was she removed? (havent played for awhile)
She was the goth girl at Ashley's school. I guess they removed her because they just didn't wanna do anything with her because it was someone else's project or some shit like that.

I really liked that Lain put in effort to make her into something. I'm disappointed Runey decided to stop doing anything with her.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Don't listen to me. Got Juliet and Violet mixed up.

Last edited:

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
She was the goth girl at Ashley's school. I guess they removed her because they just didn't wanna do anything with her because it was someone else's project or some shit like that.

I really liked that Lain put in effort to make her into something. I'm disappointed Runey decided to stop doing anything with her.

the goth girl at Ashley's school is Juliet.

violet was a secret non-cannon character unlocked using the code Spinningtv.

the reason that Runey gave for removing violet was and I quote
"That character stopped being updated in v0.4 or something. That character was not mine, though I did design her and develop the content. Since then, the person whose character that is has stopped playing HH, a lot of her content was cut for stupid reasons I won't get into that were out of my control, then a lot of her content became buggy and I kept getting bug reports for it. All for something that isn't mine, that was made 3 years ago, and that just continued to be a thorn in my side. It doesn't even hold the same quality as the current game does now."

Last edited:

issue28

May 17, 2020

Actually Violet is the Vampire girl that comes and fucks with everyone. It was totally not canon and optional. I think the goth girl is named Juliet or something with a J anyway.

Reactions: Soulpuppet

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
the goth girl at Ashley's school is Juliet.

violet was a secret character unlocked using the code Spinningtv.
Actually Violet is the Vampire girl that comes and fucks with everyone. It was totally not canon and optional. I think the goth girl is named Juliet or something with a J anyway.
Fuck! You're both correct! My bad...I'm an idiot...Time for more coffee!

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes