Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
the goth girl at Ashley's school is Juliet.

violet was a secret non-cannon character unlocked using the code Spinningtv.

the reason that Runey gave for removing violet was and I quote
Sad to see Violet gone from the official version, but it was great news that she will live on through Lain's Mod and got more content. Lain truly are 1 of the best Modder that take time to not just develop some cheat and walkthrough but even new scenes addition

Sep 16, 2019
may one not ask here?
Yeah, pretty harsh reply to your enquiry. Lain expressed previously that she was feeling a little flat atm so, it seems, the vigilante do gooders have jumped to radical defend and protect mode verbally assaulting anyone naïve enough to so much as ask if there's an update. You're automatically a selfish and pushy person by default, seems like the new trend on the block.

PS, I'm probably gunna suffer now for even defending you :LOL:

keago2020

Jun 26, 2020
Yeah, pretty harsh reply to your enquiry. Lain expressed previously that she was feeling a little flat atm so, it seems, the vigilante do gooders have jumped to radical defend and protect mode verbally assaulting anyone naïve enough to so much as ask if there's an update. You're automatically a selfish and pushy person by default, seems like the new trend on the block.

PS, I'm probably gunna suffer now for even defending you :LOL:
that's childish. did not see that she needs a break. you could have said she is taking a break.

Kayzer

Sep 4, 2018
Absolutely. I often wonder about the age of people behind some of the posts on this supposedly 18+ forum.
Yeah, because pressing the "I'm 18" button is a solid test for seeing if you're actually 18?

The original Leisure Suit Larry had a friggin quiz to start playing, I managed to get pass that in a language I had just started learning at the age of 7.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Sad to see Violet gone from the official version, but it was great news that she will live on through Lain's Mod and got more content. Lain truly are 1 of the best Modder that take time to not just develop some cheat and walkthrough but even new scenes addition
Sad to see Violet gone from the official version, but it was great news that she will live on through Lain's Mod...
First I heard of that info ... great news! :p
(Do you have a link for that?)

Thanks and Cheers

• Sad
Reactions: rKnight

nanosound

Jul 10, 2018
You're assuming an awful lot...

1. I've never pirated Runey's game.
2. I talked to Runey about it at the very beginning and he thought it was a cool idea and gave me permission to make it and put it on patreon.
3. This mod wouldn't exist if I couldn't put it on patreon. I've already put a ton of hours into making it which I wouldn't have be able to justify otherwise.
4. I have over 2 dozen other walkthroughs and mods that I've put a lot of time into that are all free, now one out of those 2 dozen isn't and suddenly I'm a selfish person, right?
will you 0.13.1 be free at one point like a week later from runeys release

Reactions: uztgft

lqkas

Jan 18, 2020
Goddamit, I was planning on going to bed early today...

Thanks for the release Maim Lain!
btw do you have any way to support you besides Subscribestar? Sadly it triggers the scam protection with my bank :(

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I've updated my mod for 0.13.1 (sorry I wasn't very quick though).
You'll need the 0.13.1 game or "0.13 -> 0.13.1" patch to use the mod.

Sad to see Violet gone from the official version, but it was great news that she will live on through Lain's Mod...
(Do you have a link for that?)
I haven't said anything about Violet, but I have been thinking a lot the past couple days if I wanted to restore her to the game through the mod. But doing that would increase the size of the mod by maybe 200mb which I don't really want to do, and creating separate mods for the walkthrough and custom/restored stuff would maybe confuse people and complicate things. So I'm unsure if I'll restore her character or not. :/

Thanks for the release Maim Lain!
btw do you have any way to support you besides Subscribestar? Sadly it triggers the scam protection with my bank :(
sorry I don't :/ (but thanks for trying to support me tho <3)

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes