Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
If you don't mind my asking, why put it in a post in the game's thread where it'll quickly get lost unless the site staff deign to link it in the OP (which probably won't happen, with Scrappy's fork version already there), rather than give it its own thread on the mods board?
I always put my mods in their game's thread, sometimes in might take a mod a few weeks or worst once was a few months for them to link in the OP but they do. Also if the thread was started by the dev then they are pretty quick to link my mod in their OP. I also always make sure I keep posting updates to my mods in their game's threads.

Also, check my sig.

Reactions: MordreadRN

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Lord Ashram

I have a question.

There are instances like this:

1643316057614.png

My question is if it would be possible to tell somehow what the "more" is?

I assume it's her having the MCs face as wallpaper but I'm not sure though.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
My question is if it would be possible to tell somehow what the "more" is?

I assume it's her having the MCs face as wallpaper but I'm not sure though.
That is stuff by Lain that I didn't touch as it should mainly be thought of as hints to make sure you accomplish XYZ before doing the event. It will always be a positive (minor or major) unless it states otherwise.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks, you are doing a better job than my wife did on helping me proof any mistakes I left in, lol.
I'm playing the game^^

I'm pretty sure I had another one after the last scene but I forgot to screenshot it....

I'll post it if I can still find it....
This game has so many paths....

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
1643425621735.png

Another one.

Not sure if this one really counts though....

By the way... I hate this minigame....

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
View attachment 1621956

Not what I was looking for but here is another...
It may or may not be relevant in the future, so I let you know it tracks this choice.

View attachment 1622052

So... last one for today.....

I should go to bed^^
It's up to the player to decide if that last part is important or not. I put these types of things in on purpose.

Also my wife is playing the game with my mod, my comment was that she didn't catch a few things when she was playing or maybe she thought they might have been important.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I find it amusing that you think I don't know why they are there (in the code itself )... I do... I'm a programmer.
What I don't know is why you would display that redundant information to the player.

Something like jia_wallpaperpirated = True or klthree = True is worthless to a player.

While those two examples are still somewhat readable... something like:

(nia_hap -1 / syl_hap -1 / ann_hap -1) is just a complete mess and truly worthless.
(if bestfood nia_hap -2 / syl_hap -2 / ann_hap -2)

Here a short example of how it should be:

1643533040080.png

I respect you for taking over Lains work and you might even be somewhat decent with Ren'py but game design is obviously not your strong suit.

Last edited:

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
To be honest, I don't understand the discussion at all.

Someone invests their own private time and fulfills a wish that the forum had and instead of being thankful for it, you pull yourself up on trifles that aren't worth mentioning at all

finally let the others have fun with it or if you don't like it make it better yourself and present an alternative

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
To be honest, I don't understand the discussion at all.

Someone invests their own private time and fulfills a wish that the forum had and instead of being thankful for it, you pull yourself up on trifles that aren't worth mentioning at all

finally let the others have fun with it or if you don't like it make it better yourself and present an alternative
Then let me help you....

He took Lains mod and built on it...

I noticed some oversights on his part and told him them.
He said ok.
I posted some more..
He said ok.

I posted some more.
He said no, those aren't errors and I don't understand.

I corrected him and explained why this isn't the case.

Did I dumb it down enough for you yet?

I'm really glad he is working in this mod now. So.....
Have you like heard of constructive criticism or do I have to explain that too you too?

It seems some were never taught not to bite the hand that feeds you.
If you call bug reporting biting the hand you feed then yes....

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes