Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

ButterB22

Jan 8, 2020
the discord is silent, idk if it's because they're waiting for the mod, or because they're afraid that talking can make the modder have a relapse in whatever problem was facing
if you check the game page then you might get answers

batanegra

May 8, 2017
yeah......i was talking about the lain mod, because that was the mod talked about in the last messages, only that

Aguzy

Aug 4, 2020
sadly i don't think anything is coming, the discord seems dead and considering there's been no updates for 3 weeks it seems like it was either a fake update or she just decided to disappear again right before releasing the mod
I don't think it was fake, her subscibestar and discord have had a name change to maid lain and both have the same avatar. Only way that it's fake is if someone has hacked both her accounts. Also someone would have had to go to a bit of bother to knock up the new mod pics and encyclopedia entry. To be honest I just hope she does what's best for her whether that is staying away or coming back, I'm just glad that she's ok. People always expected to much from her and when something wasn't done quick enough she got attacked, not sure I'd be wanting to come back and help a community that had turned on me more than once but shows how good a person she is that she has done time and again.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I don't think it was fake, her subscibestar and discord have had a name change to maid lain and both have the same avatar. Only way that it's fake is if someone has hacked both her accounts. Also someone would have had to go to a bit of bother to knock up the new mod pics and encyclopedia entry. To be honest I just hope she does what's best for her whether that is staying away or coming back, I'm just glad that she's ok. People always expected to much from her and when something wasn't done quick enough she got attacked, not sure I'd be wanting to come back and help a community that had turned on me more than once but shows how good a person she is that she has done time and again.
Agreed. Another thing to consider is that the game released at 0.16.0, then 0.16.1 followed by 0.16.2. Another modder had to redo their mod twice but since then fell Ill and that one probably wont be out any time soon. So it's possible that Maim had to redo the mod again 3 times.

However with that said, coming back and having no true avenue for communication is just going to get people riled up again. Especially if their discord has been silent for weeks now.

Reactions: xnxxfreak99

minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
understandable but then it doesn't really make sense to randomly come back, post an update, and then disappear again. i think if you do reappear with promises, people's expectations are obviously gonna be that you're gonna be working on stuff again. if she really wasn't able to handle the people here, i think it would've been best to just remain silent until the mod is done and then release it. in any case, all we can do is wait

Aguzy

Aug 4, 2020
understandable but then it doesn't really make sense to randomly come back, post an update, and then disappear again. i think if you do reappear with promises, people's expectations are obviously gonna be that you're gonna be working on stuff again. if she really wasn't able to handle the people here, i think it would've been best to just remain silent until the mod is done and then release it. in any case, all we can do is wait
This is exactly what I mean though. She says she's doing a mod and because it hasn't come to fruition yet people are up in arms as if she shouldn't say something and not have it out the next day. What she said she was doing with it isn't a simple mod, she was making her own images and animations, making an encyclopedia with all the games characters, terms and places. That's going to be like making an actual avn on it's own. It's not just this community before that turned on her. People tried to destroy her, got her patreon cancelled because they didn't get what they wanted, people expected to just throw games at her and for her to mod them whether she wanted to or not so I could also understand if she's just thought better of it and said fuck it I don't need this. Most people were just happy to hear that she was ok and couldn't have cared less whether she wanted to make another mod or game again.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shipfan66

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
This is exactly what I mean though. She says she's doing a mod and because it hasn't come to fruition yet people are up in arms as if she shouldn't say something and not have it out the next day. What she said she was doing with it isn't a simple mod, she was making her own images and animations, making an encyclopedia with all the games characters, terms and places. That's going to be like making an actual avn on it's own. It's not just this community before that turned on her. People tried to destroy her, got her patreon cancelled because they didn't get what they wanted, people expected to just throw games at her and for her to mod them whether she wanted to or not so I could also understand if she's just thought better of it and said fuck it I don't need this.
modders get constant shit. the minute a game is updated, people are making demands for mod to be updated. honestly I'd rather wait for a fully finished mod than get 1 that has dozens of problems. keeping in mind, Lain has mentioned she had some personal problems in her life, she isn't going to constantly be working on putting out mods just so a few assholes can be happy. I've been using Lain's mods ever since I found this site and enjoy the work she puts into them. anyone that demands them can fuck off and never come back

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes