Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I got an error when trying to use the mod in the game, it says lin 14 blah blah not defined and well I can't use the mod I press ignore but nothing. Can anyone help me? I play the game with joiplay since I use my phone.
The mod is outdated and will not work with the new version. An updated version of the mod will not be available any time soon since Lord Ashram, who took over the mod after Lain disappeared, is currently battling cancer.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
The mod is outdated and will not work with the new version. An updated version of the mod will not be available any time soon since Lord Ashram, who took over the mod after Lain disappeared, is currently battling cancer.
So sorry to hear about Ashram. My mom has battled cancer for over 15 years now, there's definitely nothing fun about it. I dopray for his swift recovery. Lain herself is working on a new expanded version of the mod, but no timelines on a release date yet. Just know that she *is* actively working on it the best she can, and hopefully will have something for us relatively soon-ish.

Reactions: pgm_01

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Not to be ungrateful but at the rate its going adding these pointless scenes the next update will be out.
Also a concerning thought. Is every update going to be like this from now on, more custom scenes and story? This was supposed to be a walkthrough mod not DLC. I'd rather have the mod first and the additional stuff as a patch or not at all if it's going to take this long.

Reactions: Havik79

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Lain's mod always had extra scenes... that was the appeal of it. And THAT... takes time.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah but it wasn't added all the time, and as mentioned I too would have rather the mod updated them add in the new scenes.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I'm sorry but no, the last game update was 2 months ago, she should have just pushed the mod out then updated the old scenes, or just left them, sorry they are nice and all but who gives a toss.

• Angry
Reactions: drunkenPervert

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I'm sorry but no, the last game update was 2 months ago, she should have just pushed the mod out then updated the old scenes, or just left them, sorry they are nice and all but who gives a toss.
Lain was MIA due to difficult health issues and she still isn't 100%. it's a free mod being made by 1 person pouring through hours of content while fighting health issues. you can either wait or not play. pick one and shut up

minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
Talk about being entitled. Lain owes us NOTHING, Modding is a passion project not a job.
...then why set a hard release date and miss it by two weeks with no communication. i don't think it's really a dickhead thing to do to point that out and get upset about the constant delays because of some side content nobody even really asked for

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
...then why set a hard release date and miss it by two weeks with no communication. i don't think it's really a dickhead thing to do to point that out and get upset about the constant delays because of some side content nobody even really asked for
you're like the kid who tells the teacher they forgot to collect the homework and get upset when no other kids wanna be your friend

HyperionX

Sep 18, 2018
Shit happens, stuff gets pushed back. Real life takes priority over internet life, it is what it is. as i said, we are owed NOTHING.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes