Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
talking about the mod, for my experience,once the modifications (and her custom scenes) are done and the mod released, next updates are mainly related to the walkthrough part of the mod. So, if things are back to normal, this is like a restart. That is if the main game doesn't do any drastic changes in its code, and we know this already happened since v14 to now.

long story short, again, if things are back to normal, let wait patiently.

writing anything more, about anything at all, will not help her any further. if anything, to those plaintiffs, if you don't like it just try to do the mod yourselves, you will see the time it takes to adapt, do this things from scratch or even testing things up to make sure things are working well enough to the point of being ready to be released, sure after this you will think twice before complaining again.

edit: BTW, the next harem hotel release is close already, so if this mod isn't done before that, there is nothing wrong or unexpected about it

Last edited:

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
soo when I try to do stuff with Maria the console is showing up with an error. how can I fix this ?
Are you using the v14.1 mod with the v16.2 game? If so, delete the existing v16.2 folder, reinstall it and start a new game without the mod. Older-version mods have never been compatible with newer game versions and this is a guaranteed crash.

As has been posted numerous times, there is no v16.2 mod and there isn't likely to be one for the foreseeable future. Lain disappeared, another modder picked it up (Lord Ashram) but has health issues and another person tried but couldn't sort through the complex, undocumented code and stopped working on it.

Developer #2, Lord Ashram, is beginning to feel better and might - MIGHT - start working on it again later this year. You can click on the link in my signature if you want to find out more about Lord Ashram and his projects.

But, for the meantime - just play the game without a mod.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lord Ashram

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
in a way the game is different from before, even without the mod you already know if you are missing something or not, earlier unmoded versions didn't have anything like this.

Hammer120

Jun 4, 2019
I am slowly working on getting my mods updating while I was out on my cancer hiatus since I am overall feeling much better. I hope to have this one updated in the next few weeks to v16.2.
Myself having survived Stage 4b Hodgkin's lymphoma, and having to take almost a year off, i can understand, glad your getting better

Reactions: Lord Ashram

Delirious17

Jun 20, 2018
I hope you're feeling better now Ashram, hope it's not too much to ask if you have any progress update on the completed walkthrough update? Either way appreciate you being back :)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been gone and haven't updated the mod.
I know my mods suck... (that's what i think) >.<
but I've finally uploaded my attempt at my Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod.

banner.jpg

New things that it adds that my previous mod didn't have are:
  • 11 new scenes and 2 new locations (all art is done by Mei!)
  • An in-game Encyclopedia
  • Restores Violet's character to the Dreamscape
  • Lots of minor improvements to my in-game walkthrough
  • Probably more stuff I forgot about

So umm, feel free to check it out if you want and let me know what you think. ^^;
I've been so stressed the past week and there was so much stuff to test that maybe something in the mod doesn't work right, so please let me know and I'm sorry in advance!

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been gone and haven't updated the mod.
I know my mods suck... (that's what i think) >.<
but I've finally uploaded my attempt at my Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod.

View attachment 2671015

New things that it adds that my previous mod didn't have are:
  • 11 new scenes and 2 new locations (all art is done by Mei!)
  • An in-game Encyclopedia
  • Restores Violet's character to the Dreamscape
  • Lots of minor improvements to my in-game walkthrough
  • Probably more stuff I forgot about

So umm, feel free to check it out if you want and let me know what you think. ^^;
I've been so stressed the past week and there was so much stuff to test that maybe something in the mod doesn't work right, so please let me know and I'm sorry in advance!
Don't Panic GIFs | Tenor

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes