Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
I was playing this game again and I noticed this detail, every time you have sex for the first time with a girl it appears that you took her virginity
But that dialogue doesn't appear with Kali and Felicity
I'm disappointed as I liked them. I can theorize that since Kali is very perverted she lost her virginity to toys, but what about felicity?? What the fuck. I can't see them the same anymore :/

I'm not a modern person so I know there will be a lot of people who get upset when someone says they want girls to be virgins

Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
I posted about this phenomenon in the WAL thread. I will not reproduce the entire thing here, but in a nut shell here is what I believe is happening with many of these games.

The devs start out excited, motivated, working hard, they are cranking out content. They start making good $$$. Then they reach a point where either something just comes up, maybe they get sick, or they get a little burned out, whatever - and so they take a bit longer to do the same amount of work. Instead of 2-3 months perhaps it takes 4-5 to finish an update this time. But then they realize "huh, I still made about the same amount each month, even though I did less work this time."

This is where the problem starts. They start to realize, whether consciously or subconsciously, that thanks to Patreon, they can actually make more $ per hour by producing content slower, and there is really no great reward to producing it faster / reliably, because there are thousands of blind faithful fans who will continue to pay regardless. Plus it pays to stretch it out, because eventually they are gonna run out of ideas, and then their cash cow is dead and they better hope their next idea is as successful. And starting something new from scratch is a ton of work. Better to keep milking the cow slowly over more time.
It's simply because the money is already secured. A philosopher once said, "The world is consumed in money, money, money, money, learn something money"

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
I posted about this phenomenon in the WAL thread. I will not reproduce the entire thing here, but in a nut shell here is what I believe is happening with many of these games.

The devs start out excited, motivated, working hard, they are cranking out content. They start making good $$$. Then they reach a point where either something just comes up, maybe they get sick, or they get a little burned out, whatever - and so they take a bit longer to do the same amount of work. Instead of 2-3 months perhaps it takes 4-5 to finish an update this time. But then they realize "huh, I still made about the same amount each month, even though I did less work this time."

This is where the problem starts. They start to realize, whether consciously or subconsciously, that thanks to Patreon, they can actually make more $ per hour by producing content slower, and there is really no great reward to producing it faster / reliably, because there are thousands of blind faithful fans who will continue to pay regardless. Plus it pays to stretch it out, because eventually they are gonna run out of ideas, and then their cash cow is dead and they better hope their next idea is as successful. And starting something new from scratch is a ton of work. Better to keep milking the cow slowly over more time.
Didn't the dev's dad die when they were starting work on the update? I know that's not an untouchable excuse, but it's definitely cause for some patience from us for the amount of work they've been putting in for this story that's been developed for so long.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Didn't the dev's dad die when they were starting work on the update? I know that's not an untouchable excuse, but it's definitely cause for some patience from us for the amount of work they've been putting in for this story that's been developed for so long.
Nothing you say will affect them.
They are protesting the fact that the dev left their patreon open during this, even though actual paying supporters can easily stop payments, if they choose to.
They had already admitted themselves, that they were not paying supporters, so the issue does not affect them at all...

Anyway, back to patting heads.
TheDevian, what is your head pat count up to now?

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Not that anybody asked but my opinion is, if you for whatever reason, can't work on the game for a long period of time, you should probably pause payments. That being said, if you're not a supporter why would you care if he doesn't stop payments? If people still want to support him that is their choice.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I was playing this game again and I noticed this detail, every time you have sex for the first time with a girl it appears that you took her virginity
But that dialogue doesn't appear with Kali and Felicity
I'm disappointed as I liked them. I can theorize that since Kali is very perverted she lost her virginity to toys, but what about felicity?? What the fuck. I can't see them the same anymore :/

I'm not a modern person so I know there will be a lot of people who get upset when someone says they want girls to be virgins
Felicity has a dialogue about it. She had sex once, and her clone did not, though she lied and said she did, in order to 'seem cool'.
It is not about being modern, it is about being realistic.
Anyway, back to patting heads.
TheDevian, what is your head pat count up to now?
8701 ...So close.

Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
Felicity has a dialogue about it. She had sex once, and her clone did not, though she lied and said she did, in order to 'seem cool'.
It is not about being modern, it is about being realistic.

8701 ...So close.
"realistic" is relative. When it used to be normal. (It's a very modern thing, postmodernity, 1970) . Emma is a virgin confirmed by the same game. But it's a shame about the felicity. I don't see it the same way anymore.
And about Kali, it wouldn't be coherent if it wasn't "virgin" when it is explained that she was introverted, antisocial, reserved, insecure, "fat", always at home. That's why Kali still doesn't disappoint me, she's in doubt

It's funny that Felicity constantly teases Ashley by calling her a slut, but it turns out that Felicity was the slut who slept with a random xd

As always Ashley being the best waifu

• Angry
Reactions: Ale3

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
"realistic" is relative. When it used to be normal. (It's a very modern thing, postmodernity, 1970) . Emma is a virgin confirmed by the same game. But it's a shame about the felicity. I don't see it the same way anymore.
And about Kali, it wouldn't be coherent if it wasn't "virgin" when it is explained that she was introverted, antisocial, reserved, insecure, "fat", always at home. That's why Kali still doesn't disappoint me, she's in doubt

It's funny that Felicity constantly teases Ashley by calling her a slut, but it turns out that Felicity was the slut who slept with a random xd

As always Ashley being the best waifu
Depends on when you lived, sex was a thing throughout all history, this prudish idea that everyone should be a virgin is pretty recent. Only a few repressive cultures really cared that much about it.

Why would sleeping with one person make someone a slut? The MC wasn't a virgin at that point. Why the double standard?

And Kali and Lin are the best. :cool:
Waifu Wars - Lin-Kali.jpg

Last edited:

Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
Depends on when you lived, sex was a thing throughout all history, this prudish idea that everyone should be a virgin is pretty recent. Only a few repressive cultures really cared that much about it.

Why would sleeping with one person make someone a slut? The MC wasn't a virgin at that point. Why the double standard?

And Kali and Lin are the best. :cool:
View attachment 3595372
Seriously, modern men are the best of these times, someone has to take care of other people's milk xd

"Why would sleeping with one person make someone a slut? The MC wasn't a virgin at that point. Why the double standard?" That's right, we've got to be deconstructed men

For you who are a modern man, Mary would be your perfect wife

(Kali would make a good girlfriend, but in terms of the meaning of the word "waifu" lin fulfills all the characteristics)

XHunterz

May 14, 2022
The game dev is now, similar to dark Cookie he is taking 3-4 years before the tech update releases and last update .17 release on June 2023 it's it taking bunch of time to get an update why is that?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Seriously, modern men are the best of these times, someone has to take care of other people's milk xd

"Why would sleeping with one person make someone a slut? The MC wasn't a virgin at that point. Why the double standard?" That's right, we've got to be deconstructed men

For you who are a modern man, Mary would be your perfect wife

(Kali would make a good girlfriend, but in terms of the meaning of the word "waifu" lin fulfills all the characteristics)
For me, Kali is the perfect wife, while Lin is in charge of the harem, and keeping the other women in line. Lin is the head mistress. :sneaky:

Palim palim

Nov 3, 2020
The game dev is now, similar to dark Cookie he is taking 3-4 years before the tech update releases and last update .17 release on June 2023 it's it taking bunch of time to get an update why is that?
Real life stuff and Harem Hotel is very big and broad, means to add perceivable stuff you need to work on many things.

Reactions: DigDug69
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes