Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
If you are talking about converting images to lower quality, that can be automated, but if you mean reworking all the scenes that could be, and making sprites and all that, no, that would have to be done manually.
No, I don't mean either of them. As I said manually work at this current status the game is a workload no one is willing to take.
And is is obviously that you can only shrink a image to some degree, before we could switch back to 8bit pixel art.:LOL:

What I mean is to automaticly comb through all over 16000 images and indexing between "I-frames" and "P-frames" as every video codec do it. ( )
So you diff between two similar images and insted of e.g. have 10 "I-images" have 1 "I-image" and 9 "P-image". Could be automated, I'm certained here, but as stated a pre sorting would be needed othwise you compare every image to all the others ones...

Also I don't mean sprite, I mean layers ( ) although I think we both have mean the same.
I think something like this could be done to significantly reduce the game size in terms of optimizing animations. With a simple(ish) python script you could compare the frames of a particular animation, and get which areas of the images remain unchanged throughout. You could filter those areas from every frame (except the first one, so you can use it as background) and make them transparent.

Then, you could set the first frame of the animation as "background" and cycle normally to get the animation. So in theory, it could work. In practice, I don't know. As said above, there are around 16k images. A lot of them are for animations, and luckily they are named appropiately so that images of the same animation are next to each other. Tweaks in the script would be needed set the first frame as background. I'm sure there are other (multiple) complications that would make this a rather hard thing to do.

From a quick search, this could be done just with numpy and pillow. The caveat is that running the script would probably be kind of slow without proper optimizations and such.

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Don't give Maria any ideas. The last thing we need is her going around to all of the girls and increasing their lust levels behind our backs. Many of us wouldn't survive. :ROFLMAO:
If Maria does go too far, we could always flip on the Android's "Dom-Goddess-Bitch" mode against her. I doubt she could go through days of that again! :devilish:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Gamer_Dan92

Apr 26, 2018
So I downloaded the most recent version. I had played up to 0.9. I see a lot of the earlier scenes have been redone. Is it suggested to start a new game or can I just keep going?

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
OK, sweet, innocent, perverted Kali is starting to scare me...... She's starting down the rabbit hole and I'm worried about it!

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Sand me save file pls
Somebody upload 100% save pls.
Someone send a save file near to end or 100% progress
You do know that asking for the same thing over and over again for days isn't magically going to get you what you want?

You could've played the game over a couple of times by now.

Why do you want a complete save anyway? It's not like you can replay all the scenes again without pages of saves.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, I don't mean either of them. As I said manually work at this current status the game is a workload no one is willing to take.
And is is obviously that you can only shrink a image to some degree, before we could switch back to 8bit pixel art.:LOL:

What I mean is to automaticly comb through all over 16000 images and indexing between "I-frames" and "P-frames" as every video codec do it. ( )
So you diff between two similar images and insted of e.g. have 10 "I-images" have 1 "I-image" and 9 "P-image". Could be automated, I'm certained here, but as stated a pre sorting would be needed othwise you compare every image to all the others ones...

Also I don't mean sprite, I mean layers ( ) although I think we both have mean the same.

Or Google change something and allow for bigger apps, yet I'm sure this will only delay inevitable. Thus I think the only solution that would work, even long term, is to split the programm and the data.
You can never have enough space, each console I have I had change the internal disc to something much bigger...:ROFLMAO:

No, Maria wouldn't do that, I'm sure, at least not alone.:whistle:
OH! You are talking about slimming down the video files! Normally, I would do that in the video rendering phase, change the FPS setting, but yea, for the ones that are done now, that would be a pain in the ass to do manually. I don't have any experience with a program like that, but aside from that, reducing the frame size, and trying to see about a better codec (though I assume he is using webm now, so hard to get better than that right now) are about the only options there...

Well, Maria's done it before, though she needs to be punished for this (even if we did enjoy the show). Can't let her begin to think that she is in charge of anything. Can't let our concubines think that it's THEIR harem! :ROFLMAO:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The android is basically Maria's leash at this point. Just threaten her with another "session" and she'll become an innocent little school girl. Unless she's into it, then the whole thing might just backfire horribly. (or pleasantly, depending on your preferences)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think something like this could be done to significantly reduce the game size in terms of optimizing animations. With a simple(ish) python script you could compare the frames of a particular animation, and get which areas of the images remain unchanged throughout. You could filter those areas from every frame (except the first one, so you can use it as background) and make them transparent.

Then, you could set the first frame of the animation as "background" and cycle normally to get the animation. So in theory, it could work. In practice, I don't know. As said above, there are around 16k images. A lot of them are for animations, and luckily they are named appropiately so that images of the same animation are next to each other. Tweaks in the script would be needed set the first frame as background. I'm sure there are other (multiple) complications that would make this a rather hard thing to do.

From a quick search, this could be done just with numpy and pillow. The caveat is that running the script would probably be kind of slow without proper optimizations and such.
Or you could just encode them as videos rather than image sequences. that would be far more effective than reinventing the wheel with layering and transparency, and would cut almost half the size off the game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The android is basically Maria's leash at this point. Just threaten her with another "session" and she'll become an innocent little school girl. Unless she's into it, then the whole thing might just backfire horribly. (or pleasantly, depending on your preferences)
Pretty sure she would enjoy that to a point anyway. Even if she protests, she is building a bit of a submissive streak (assuming you work on that training), I think for her, the worst punishment would be orgasm denial.
Or you could just encode them as videos rather than image sequences. that would be far more effective than reinventing the wheel with layering and transparency, and would cut almost half the size off the game.
The thing is, generally, Ren'py doesn't do well with actual video files. Most formats tend to hiccup on the loop, that is why most vn's don't use them. Not sure about webm, but it can be an issue for most audio formats too.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Pretty sure she would enjoy that to a point anyway. Even if she protests, she is building a bit of a submissive streak (assuming you work on that training), I think for her, the worst punishment would be orgasm denial.
Ah, right, well... if all else fails, we can resort to a hotel-wide orgy and then force Maria to watch with her hands tied behind her back. That would either make her learn her lesson or turn her brain into pudding. Probably a little bit of both. Autumn might require some persuasion but she's slowly getting there.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Ah, right, well... if all else fails, we can resort to a hotel-wide orgy and then force Maria to watch with her hands tied behind her back. That would either make her learn her lesson or turn her brain into pudding. Probably a little bit of both. Autumn might require some persuasion but she's slowly getting there.
Hog tie her, gag her, and hang her from the ceiling, making her watch all of the fun.

"Yes, I would like you to meet my new chandelier, Maria. She doesn't light up too brightly, at least not until I stuck a candle in her ass... Girls, make sure to pinch her tit or something as you walk passed."

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
Hog tie her, gag her, and hang her from the ceiling, making her watch all of the fun.

"Yes, I would like you to meet my new chandelier, Maria. She doesn't light up too brightly, at least not until I stuck a candle in her ass... Girls, make sure to pinch her tit or something as you walk passed."
You always have the best ideas.... oh wait this is for the game... AWKWARD!

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes