alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That can be true but I still wonder if there couldn't have been some form of compromise in the form of different routes that I described. Since Jin is still a side character would it necessarily increase file size that much though? My memory on how many scenes she is in might not be correct but I don't remember her being in that many when compared to even other side characters, other than repeatable scenes.
This would still come to what I described. The only way for that to not happen is to not make the route at all. Otherwise there is the risk of lesser quality because, even if he truly tries, on a subconscious level, he would still try to get out of it as quickly as possible if he couldn't avoid it completely because he hates that kind of content and doesn't want to do it at all. This would cause the people not happy with him over not getting the route at all now to still be unhappy over the quality of the route and they would begin demanding he make it on the quality of his other work, which, because of that subconscious desire to not do it or at least get it over with as soon as possible, he would be incapable of. This is the perfect example of a lose-lose situation, he has literally nothing to gain and both his own enjoyment and several possible patrons, some who might be current patrons, to lose.

Sorry if any of this is insulting, Runey. I'm not trying to, it's just the best way to say it given the circumstances.

Reactions: Runey

popober

Jun 9, 2017
This error happens when you merge game files, never do this as this will always break the game. Download a fresh copy of v0.13, launch your game, then load your save. It will be there.
Thanks! Although I didn't merge game files, so it seemed to have been a mod version issue. I updated using the patch, deleted the files, then it finalky wotked.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I mean why couldn't there be an option to say keep her body the same but have her personality change only for those that like her body but not her old personality? Or even the other side just give an option not to change anything at all? Or third route/option go with what is currently presented in the game now. Taking away that freedom from the player really in my opinion detracts from the experience of the game because then the player is not able to go with their personal preferences.
Because the reason Jin was notorious for having no content was because I never had interest in the character as it was. I'm starting to sound like a broken record now, and would really appreciate if we could move on from this, but I don't find bimbos attractive and have no motivation to develop a horrible sister who thinks about nothing other than being the best slut. That doesn't align with the theme of HH, much less than even the slave routes.

There also seems to be this idea that this came out of the blue, bit in Jin's first event, which has been there for years, she mentions the drugs, and that's when everyone finds out.

You're also asking me to double the amount of content I create for Jin. I have enough on my plate as it is. This is like asking for a whole new side character for Lin.

You also do have the option not to go through with it. It's a $1,000 option. I had player choice in mind. But this is a linear story, the same things even happen in the love and slave routes, to a certain degree. (example: Peni)

Reactions: Tavi13

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Because the reason Jin was notorious for having no content was because I never had interest in the character as it was. I'm starting to sound like a broken record now, and would really appreciate if we could move on from this, but I don't find bimbos attractive and have no motivation to develop a horrible sister who thinks about nothing other than being the best slut. That doesn't align with the theme of HH, much less than even the slave routes.

You're also asking me to double the amount of content I create for Jin. I have enough on my plate as it is.

You also do have the option not to go through with it. It's a $1,000 option. I had player choice in mind. But this is a linear story, the same things even happen in the love and slave routes, to a certain degree. (example: Peni)
Yo dude chill all I asked was if it was possible. I didn't hold a gun to your head and say do it!!! No reason to have a freak out. If it is possible ok, if not that is ok too, which I clearly stated in my previous statements if you had bothered to pay attention to it and read it thoroughly without jumping to conclusions. Words such as 'I wonder' or 'if it were possible' usually indicate that the person is asking a question and not making a demand so chill, no need to get aggressive or up in arms about it.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Yo dude chill all I asked was if it was possible. I didn't hold a gun to your head and say do it!!! No reason to have a freak out. If it is possible ok, if not that is ok too, which I clearly stated in my previous statements if you had bothered to pay attention to it and read it thoroughly without jumping to conclusions. Words such as 'I wonder' or 'if it were possible' usually indicate that the person is asking a question and not making a demand so chill, no need to get aggressive or up in arms about it.
...I wasn't having a freak out, but okay. Sorry it came off that way.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
...I wasn't having a freak out, but okay. Sorry it came off that way.
No worries just wanted to know. Was a question that was all not a demand. Just wanted to make sure it doesn't affect other events though if I keep her as is since I have separate saves with alternate routes, alongside my main route playthrough.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
No worries just wanted to know. Was a question that was all not a demand. Just wanted to make sure it doesn't affect other events though if I keep her as is since I have separate saves with alternate routes, alongside my main route playthrough.
Right, you asked a question so I tried to explain it the best way I could and in depth. I didn't assume you were demanding anything of me.

You're fine to do that, I don't have any plans for Jin to show up in Lin's main story at the moment, so that decision has no plans to be integral to the story.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Right, you asked a question so I tried to explain it the best way I could and in depth. I didn't assume you were demanding anything of me.

You're fine to do that, I don't have any plans for Jin to show up in Lin's main story at the moment, so that decision has no plans to be integral to the story.
Ok just a slight miscommunication then. All is good!!!

Reactions: Runey

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Is Autumn broken?
Hell yes. She is a sexually repressed religious fanatic struggling with her identity and place in the world. She is so broken that she literally suppressed her basic biological urges.

Judging by the fact you don't see her as broken I am going to guess you are likely american. And I have to tell you that for the rest of us who live in the civilized world such religious fanaticism is not something we encounter often or consider normal.

In fact, she is the one character in this game that was outright offputting and frighting to me at first contact because of that.

Why say that? Maria is someone i like and i like a lot but think about it.
You mean the orphaned girl crying out for love and attention that became a sex worker in an effort to satiate her unstable urge to feel appreciated and loved left behind by a chronic lack of parental love during childhood?

If that's not broken I don't know what is.

As above is Ellen broken? Being lonely or sexually repressed does not equate broken or a message of a shitty world and the hope to pierce the gloomy clouds of it?
We know next to nothing about her. At this point she is essentially a side character.

So ask yourself again - is the MC really a GOOD man? There are loads of examples to show YES of course he is but there also is plenty of others to show nah, he fucking well aint so lets not present the argument he is defacto one or the other as the story sure aint so its pure head canon to deem him so.
There is a difference between being playful and playing a prank and being evil. Especially if you analyze those actions within the setting in which they are presented.

Either way, I more or less got word of god confirmation from the dev by him liking my post. So there is no further need to argue.

So I shall be making no further responses on this subject.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
We know next to nothing about her. At this point she is essentially a side character.
Ellen started off broken, she was a hard Type B tsundere, but it was his grandfather who mostly fixed her before we got there.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Ellen started off broken, she was a hard Type B tsundere, but it was his grandfather who mostly fixed her before we got there.
Right, Ellen isn't a broken person anymore. She represents someone 'the hotel has successfully fixed' in a way. Or another way to put it would be 'fully trained'. She's very much at the end of her road, living peacefully.

She even moved on from grandpa's death pretty well, to be honest. Now she just wants some cock every once in a while.

Last edited:

Enfrize

May 9, 2018

There also seems to be this idea that this came out of the blue, bit in Jin's first event, which has been there for years, she mentions the drugs, and that's when everyone finds out.

You're also asking me to double the amount of content I create for Jin. I have enough on my plate as it is. This is like asking for a whole new side character for Lin.

We all get it that you have your own interests and goals for your game and it's totally okay to pursue them. It is an artistic view which is not a bad thing at all. What I can't understand though is how defensive you got after people started expressing their dissapointnent about recent changes for Jin and inconsistencies which these changes caused. Really wonder what is to be confused and defensive about here, yeah, as far as I know, it is indeed considered bad writing and management manners and a huge middle finger to the face of the audience to COMPLETELY change a certain character who was a part of the story for a long time without making that change optional, especially in a game which is very well popular and well recieved. When your game has such huge audience and you make quite a sum from it each month, you are not making it for yourself only. At the very least such major changes should be discussed with your patreon members and voted upon, not done just because "you want it" or "you never had interest". Just bring her out of the story if you never had interest, would be much better than changing her entirely and then being confused as to why I am being a broken record replying to these messages.

So yeah, it's basically what I said in my earlier post, Runey only done that change because it was more convenient for them and it was too much of an effort to write separate storylines for different Jins, even considering almost 6k patrons that pay for that effort to happen. Well, I guess you've been "staring at them tit-- number of patreons" and forgot that you are not only creating this game for yourself.

Last edited:

cattoaster

Aug 6, 2017
Weclome to the Harem Hotel
Such a lovely place
Suche a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Harem Hotel
Any time of year you can find it here
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

So when is the next update planed? :LOL:
This update I have already finished and it was a blast.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Weclome to the Harem Hotel
Such a lovely place
Suche a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Harem Hotel
Any time of year you can find it here
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

So when is the next update planed? :LOL:
This update I have already finished and it was a blast.
Well, this one just came out, there could still need some fixes to be done, but after that, it's usually about 3 months apart.

Reactions: SirWilliam

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
How do I get the Lucy scenes(Truestory is enabled)? The only one I have is the Utility Room one, what do I do for the rest?

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes