Master2g

Oct 31, 2021
I played my first game without any mod, walkthrough or wiki. I made to the end easily.
I used cheat for money because I didn't want to sell the pinup (better keeping for myself) and to build the update quicker.

When you start from the begining there is enough event to never be blocked. You always find one...
I never feel the need to search for help.

But it is true for a new version, it helps to know where to search for a new one to avoid going to each door ^^

Reactions: TheDevian

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
I played my first game without any mod, walkthrough or wiki. I made to the end easily.
I used cheat for money because I didn't want to sell the pinup (better keeping for myself) and to build the update quicker.

When you start from the begining there is enough event to never be blocked. You always find one...
I never feel the need to search for help.

But it is true for a new version, it helps to know where to search for a new one to avoid going to each door ^^
At the beginning of every day there are icons displayed in the lower right corner of the "Day" frame that shows you which of the main girls has an available event. If a girl's icon is grayed out, then she doesn't have one at that time. I think this was implemented in one of the more recent updates.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
You have to keep training Lin yourself or she fails at that competition thing right? How many times do you have to do that? I kinda forgot.

Also, the game says Ashley is in love but I still can't do her higher exhibitionism scenes. I got it working but it took a few more days.

Last edited:

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
There is no nightwear option in sex, and the time of day doesn't effect sex. Pictures would help.
I mean the "Default" option, she was already wearing her nightwear aka panties or essentially nuffing.

Before trying again I wanted to buy all the remaining outfits to check it more thoroughly. But this took a while. Several events happened which took my freedom, Hana, Cornwall, Ashley+Fairies, Kate, and a few others. I bought everything but could not pick it up because of weekend.
After that it got only weirder.

I tried a night-visit with succubus. And it worked!? The first ever. She mentioned Hana before, could that be a difference?
I could do a photoshoot with Lingerie after I bought it but before I picked it up. But I could not chose any of other outfit which were waiting for delivery.
Finally I could pick it up and start to give her stuff. When I gave her the slut-outfit the talking scene was okay, but the sex happened with succubus outfit!? Maybe because I did chose succubus a few nights before?
Another night-visit. Everything worked!? (Except for Lingerie which I was still in my pocket.)
After a couple of more Hana and Fairy events I finally could give her the lingerie. Okay let's try it out immediately (at noon). Guess what happened? Slut-outfit!
Okay, another night-visit, Default, Bunny, Succubus worked, everything else led to Slut. (okay that means Slut worked too)

Update, not sure if this intended or also some weird effect:
When Maria enters my room in the morning she wears the succubus outfit but the subsequent sex happens nude.

Dunno if this is important, In this game I haven't used the "change outfit" option for any girl so far.

Last edited:

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
You have to keep training Lin yourself or she fails at that competition thing right? How many times do you have to do that? I kinda forgot.

Also, the game says Ashley is in love but I still can't do her higher exhibitionism scenes. I got it working but it took a few more days.
For Lin's competition, you just need to have her Vaginal, Anal, and Blowjob at least at 10 and her Obedience at 20. It also helps if you can get her Exhibition to 10.

With many of the girls' exhibition scenes, a lot of the time you have to increase their Relationship level a little bit for them to unlock.

Reactions: TheDevian

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I don’t know if I am getting old and grumpy or just an overflow of games where all the girls like the MC out of nowhere.
But I know this is new to me.

The first time I played Harem Hotel it did not bug me at all.
But now on my second playthrough it is bugging me.
So I have built a little head cannon, that explains it and I want to share and maybe have you guys input or improvements to it.

My head cannon is: the Hotel is not build at a random location but on an old elven temple ruin, and Lin knows this but have not felt the need to inform the MC or anyone else of it. she just wanders off on her Special Day off. and prays in the Temple. but the temple is Special, it is Magical, and was meant to amplify the Priest’s power and will to the surrounding area.
sins Lin is the only one praying at the temple, it is her will and love that is slowly being imprinted on all the other girls.

what do you guys thing ?
good ? , bad ? , not important ?
It's a better excuse than most devs (in general, not specifically directed at Runey) manage to come up with, so I think I'll be using your head canon as well.

Reactions: Quess

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
yup 4/5 i got the ! beside it.
If you are on the Slave route, then there isn't one. There are new things in the kitchen with her, but they are repeatable, so do not count as new "events". There was a typo on the Love Route, where it is showing 5/4, so I am assuming that is part of the same typo.
I could always juice an Elf!.

View attachment 2207233
Too many people enjoy hurting the fairies, so I need to find a new thing. lol

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Actually, mods should have nothing to do with that at all. Harem Hotel is designed to hold your hand to the next event, it will tell you when one is ready, where to go to trigger it, exactly what you need to advance. If something is not imediately clear, let me know and I can fix it.
The wiki is community made, I didn't make it, all credit goes to the wonderful people on discord. But Harem Hotel is designed in a way to not need a wiki or a walkthrough. The wiki was designed to store information, not be a walkthrough. Though it will do the job all the same.
I thought you were a major contributor to the wiki, my mistake.
As for the mod, it provides extra context info besides the normal choice X will give/take X attribute points or go talk to girl Y at location Z. For example in some of the Talks I add context that if attribute X is not at least Y then you will either miss some dialogue or a scene and that's why many like my version of the WT mod.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
I'm a little pissed off. So when I was able to start on this I copied over my mod to the game to see if there would be any errors before working on the WT section. It turned out that the diff/patch tools that I used messed a lot of the indentions in the game code, which are very important to Ren'Py. So I've spent the about last 7 hours ironing out all those unnecessary issues and no work on the WT content. This has set me back at least a day as I want to hurry up and play this release as much as everyone else.

Anders Niet

Dec 23, 2017
MOD UPDATE:
I'm a little pissed off. So when I was able to start on this I copied over my mod to the game to see if there would be any errors before working on the WT section. It turned out that the diff/patch tools that I used messed a lot of the indentions in the game code, which are very important to Ren'Py. So I've spent the about last 7 hours ironing out all those unnecessary issues and no work on the WT content. This has set me back at least a day as I want to hurry up and play this release as much as everyone else.
Again thanks so much for your updating the mod and all effort you put in this

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
MOD UPDATE:
I hope you realize how many elves are going to get juiced because of this setback. :ROFLMAO:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I thought you were a major contributor to the wiki, my mistake.
As for the mod, it provides extra context info besides the normal choice X will give/take X attribute points or go talk to girl Y at location Z. For example in some of the Talks I add context that if attribute X is not at least Y then you will either miss some dialogue or a scene and that's why many like my version of the WT mod.
He contributes, by talking to the people who do the updates. lol

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
Ouchie...I can imagine what that's like. Good luck on getting it all finished, and if the code decides to act up again, hook it up with Ashley in Yan mode....maybe THAT will seal the deal...unless it is a heavy M, in which case....good luck?! Seriously though, keep up the great work, I know it will be worth it from your work thus far!

Reactions: Lord Ashram

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
For example in some of the Talks I add context that if attribute X is not at least Y then you will either miss some dialogue or a scene and that's why many like my version of the WT mod.
That's definitely what I like most about your mod, and as far as I could tell there is no such info on the wiki

Babobaggins

Oct 28, 2019
Yup, this is my favorite part about the mod by far! It feels rewarding to have previous events acknowledged, especially once things all start to overlap with the elf uprising stuff.

Nov 9, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
that sucks you got to do all that extra work :( take your time and any breaks you need we can wait patiently

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
MOD UPDATE:
So hey, you working on updating your mod to .16 or what? :sneaky:

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes