SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
Not permanent, but it might not be back soon either. Lord Ashram will be absent for a while, and no one knows for sure if Lain will pick it up again.

If you only want to see the new v0.16 content, then someone uploaded a v0.15 save a few pages back.
also, even if you have used the mod, when reloading the game, click continue,
don't load your last saved game,
if you click continue in the updated game it will load your last saved game and will work ok.
but if you try and load a saved game that was saved with the mod running on a un-modded game it will bring up the error screen.
I know the mod's are fun, but it can be very interesting to play without the mod, and you can always save the game in a few box's to go back to when a mod comes by someone.

Reactions: torresm

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
I keep seeing people bring up Lain, speculate on a return, making jokes about them and ashram both getting sick, and I just wanna make it clear, Lain isn't coming back, for a reason. It isn't worth the flurry of replies we'll no doubt see on this hell site to go into why, so I won't, and don't bother asking because I'll ignore you.

Ashram is doing the mod now, but they fell ill. If they get back to it, it will be on their schedule. Just be patient.

In the meantime, Runey's probably gonna be making the mod obsolete anyway, if the latest dev diary is anything to say about it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
also, even if you have used the mod, when reloading the game, click continue,
don't load your last saved game,
if you click continue in the updated game it will load your last saved game and will work ok.
but if you try and load a saved game that was saved with the mod running on a un-modded game it will bring up the error screen.
The continue button is vanilla, and it works just fine in an unmodded game.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Unless I'm missing something in the main game, there's not always a clear way of knowing what triggers the next story event for a character or how to get to the next content. That was the main thing that I had used the mod for in the past. It would say something like "wait 4 days then talk in the afternoon" or stuff like that. It also helped with the side characters, to know if you had seen all their content because it would tell you how many scenes out of the total number you had scene. For example, it would display "2/3" if you'd seen two of the three scenes and would give you a tip on what to do next.

The mod basically just provided a really easy way to find out what content you were missing and what you needed to do to get to that missing content.
All of that is already in the game. You can click the "i" button to see which level you are with each character and if they have another event ready or not. Going to their door should tell you what you need to do to get to that event if it doesn't just start the event there.

Starting over without it, the main thing I miss from the mod is the warning to hold off on certain events until you have a particular stat over a particular threshold to see everything (e.g. the events where you can convince one of the girls to do something risque in public if you've gotten her exhibitionism high enough).
That sort of stuff is immersion breaking. It makes it feel way too much like a game than I want Harem Hotel to be. I understand if that's something you want but I don't think the game should tell you that there is an optional scene in an event because those optional scenes are designed to only be seen by people who want to see them. They don't appear early so it gives you plenty of time to build exhibitionism/submission/whatever points to see the content. For example, Android changing outfits without going into the changing room only occurs once you have the exhibitionist trait. It's never an important piece of dialogue or something you'll ever worry about missing unless you're specifically going for that content. But as I said, it should be designed to be unlocked by the time you want it to be unless you put it off.

This isn't really something I've been including in story events lately anyway. In most cases, stats will unlock sexual content that you have already seeked out. That's the goal anyway. Such as lust content.

No need to be a dick. Some times there are requirements other than "wait X period of time and talk" like needing to buy or do a certain thing first. Or when you need to advance another character's story first, it's nice to know what "level" you're currently on and what "level" you need to get to so you're not constantly going back and forth until you finally hit the right level.

This kind of thing is especially convenient when replaying the game because of old saves breaking and stuff like that.
All of that is already in the base game. I think it's literally impossible to miss. How have you not noticed the stats screen? Or that clicking " *Talk* " on a door will tell you what you need to do / buy in order to start the event? I'm sorry if this is coming off as dickish too, but it must be incredibly hard to miss these hints if you've ever been stuck.

If there is anywhere specific you can remember getting stuck I would love to look into that. It's definitely possible that the few times you were stuck were the few times a hint wasn't given.

when is the new update?
When it is ready.

henk1

Dec 12, 2019
Hey I'm a bit confused about the elf "chains" here. Currently playing Nia's "going out" event where you go to the juicy burger, and I see Nia wearing this huge rusty chain with padlock, but when I'm out with Lin in any of the other story elements she doesn't have anything like that on. Does her little fabric choker count for the same in the eyes of the law?

That would kinda make sense in a way. But if that was an option. Why would Nia, especially with her place in the story, (avoiding sploilers here) want to wear such a chain if a piece of cloth is also okay?

I suppose another alternative is that Lin is skirting the law massively by being out with just the choker, but that also feels weird. I really don't see her as the kind of elf that would do that. Especially since she also goes to the grocery store by herself. Surely she wouldn't want to be caught without "regulation" chain? Especially when her owner isn't there either.

I may just be reading way too much into this, but I don't really undestand the "rules" for when they're required.

Oh yeah and quick ninja edit, I've really been enjoying this update Runey, thanks for your hard work:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hey I'm a bit confused about the elf "chains" here. Currently playing Nia's "going out" event where you go to the juicy burger, and I see Nia wearing this huge rusty chain with padlock, but when I'm out with Lin in any of the other story elements she doesn't have anything like that on. Does her little fabric choker count for the same in the eyes of the law?

That would kinda make sense in a way. But if that was an option. Why would Nia, especially with her place in the story, (avoiding sploilers here) want to wear such a chain if a piece of cloth is also okay?

I suppose another alternative is that Lin is skirting the law massively by being out with just the choker, but that also feels weird. I really don't see her as the kind of elf that would do that. Especially since she also goes to the grocery store by herself. Surely she wouldn't want to be caught without "regulation" chain? Especially when her owner isn't there either.

I may just be reading way too much into this, but I don't really undestand the "rules" for when they're required.

Oh yeah and quick ninja edit, I've really been enjoying this update Runey, thanks for your hard work:)
I would imagine the collars indicate to everyone how troublesome an elf can be. Lin, with a dainty little collar, is immediately seen as a well trained slave, whereas Nia, wearing that large, cumbersome collar, is shown to be a slave in training.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and henk1

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For GUI Runey I noticed that when an event is going on (eg. the holiday with Emma and Felicity) you can't look at the girls and stat screen. I would like to have that option.

Otherwise I've started fresh with 0.16 and like the Caliber explore option, even so that I "paused" the game to play through this side content first.:D
I think the money problem was defuse quite a bit. Still needed to wait some weeks until I could buy Silvia and the bar has accumulated the sum, but I've spend my money after I had the bar on everything possible. Also, as others, I never sell the pinups.:LOL:
I don't see it as a problem though as I had enough to do with the other girls, the dungeon and so on.

Reactions: TheDevian

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

Those collars are required for elves in public, for whatever reason cops just haven't harassed MC about Lin yet. It happened with Sylvia in one of her love route events. Cloth doesn't count, as Sylvia has a form of a choker as well.

Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Those collars are required for elves in public, for whatever reason cops just haven't harassed MC about Lin yet. It happened with Sylvia in one of her love route events. Cloth doesn't count, as Sylvia has a form of a choker as well.
Neither did Cornwall though, and if anyone would care...

*EDIT*
Maybe it's because Lin's is part of her uniform, not her personal clothing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
This was my take as well. Everyone we've met that was a slave, other than maybe the Elf-Queen fake (don't remember), has worn a collar while in public. If they didn't, they weren't actively a slave (Sylvia's first intro) or immediately collared once identified (name omitted to avoid spoilers). Private locations such as the slave building and one used for Cornwell's challenge, none wear collars. Jin, when first brought to us is wearing a collar - in theory, since she was traveling in public.

Neither did Cornwall though, and if anyone would care...

*EDIT*
Maybe it's because Lin's is part of her uniform, not her personal clothing.
That might be a freebie with explaining Lin. She's the "help" and being accompanied by her owner. Her chasing you down when kidnapped would have been hampered if she had been seen by an officer though most like. Also when you meet Cornwell it's what... at a park for a speech? He's one of the richest / most influential people in the world, there would have been a police presence yet no one stopped the MC at that time. So we either hand-wave it by or accept that Lin's uniform collar was adequate but Sylvia's was not because it wasn't an actual uniform?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That might be a freebie with explaining Lin. She's the "help" and being accompanied by her owner. Her chasing you down when kidnapped would have been hampered if she had been seen by an officer though most like. Also when you meet Cornwell it's what... at a park for a speech? He's one of the richest / most influential people in the world, there would have been a police presence yet no one stopped the MC at that time. So we either hand-wave it by or accept that Lin's uniform collar was adequate but Sylvia's was not because it wasn't an actual uniform?
Yeah, with Sylvia, she is wearing something that looks more like cosplay than anything else. But a maid's uniform, that is clear as day.
IDK, maybe she is lowjacked (chipped).

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

It's more of a cultural thing than a legal thing. If you run into a cop trying to find a reason to give you a ticket, he can use not having a collar as a reason. But a cop isn't likely to stop his car while on patrol to give someone a small fine. And most people in general aren't going to care what an elf is wearing because they all know there is no getting out of slavery. The collar was always symbolic.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Very Its getting harder and harder to Find a Durable Elf these days.
I Broke my last one and am waiting on my Emergency Rations to capture more for me!. :devilish:
Or I can wait a few months For Runey to Supply me my favorite ones again!.
At least Lins Durable!.
Edit: She must be to survive TheDevian 's Head pats!.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes