vexx_

Dec 1, 2019
Because the person who was making it was diagnosed with cancer, and is unable to work on it.
Using old mods on the game breaks the game, causing an endless number of people to come here and complain about it.
No one else has stepped forward to pick it up, and since they made mods for a number of games that are also out of luck, it may be a while before anyone sees a mod for the game being released.
I'm sorry to hear that.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Goddammit, developers.

When someone can compress your game (without significant quality loss) from 16+ GB to ~3 GB, it means that YOU GOTTA TAKE A FUCKING COURSE IN PROPER GAME DEVELOPMENT as well as media compression!!!!!!
Perhaps post your game / educational credentials so that everyone here can learn from your experience. I'm sure if you're willing to comment and critique you've got knowledge to spare to help improve the development, right?

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
This would be easier to answer if you told us where you are in the game and what you want to get out of the game.
Sorry, I was very busy yesterday and was not able to respond.
I guess i'm not sure what exactly i'm expecting from it. Someone mentioned not to expect Eternum level of story and I know that there won't be such a conspiracy inside. I get that.
i'm at about day 30. in my last play the game said i reached the end of the story for the receptionist.
I guess in those games i search for interesting characters and fairly good writing. if we get back to eternum, yeah, it's probably my fav, big part of that is the convoluted mystery, but i also love Single Again (probably top3 or 4 for me) and it's basically a slice of life drama with no special story in it. i like it just because the characters are very likeable and the writing is good.

i guess for this one it kind of confuses me. it just looks like it's a "come tomorrow to get another point, and then the day after to get a new h scene. repeat". the scenes/events are very short... i guess i just can't get attached to the characters.

but seeing how many good reviews there are, and how many people are just communicating about the game (2000 pages, damn) i'm wondering if i'm still very early in the game and later events are getting bigger/better/both.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I guess i'm not sure what exactly i'm expecting from it. Someone mentioned not to expect Eternum level of story and I know that there won't be such a conspiracy inside. I get that.
i'm at about day 30. in my last play the game said i reached the end of the story for the receptionist.
I guess in those games i search for interesting characters and fairly good writing. if we get back to eternum, yeah, it's probably my fav, big part of that is the convoluted mystery, but i also love Single Again (probably top3 or 4 for me) and it's basically a slice of life drama with no special story in it. i like it just because the characters are very likeable and the writing is good.

i guess for this one it kind of confuses me. it just looks like it's a "come tomorrow to get another point, and then the day after to get a new h scene. repeat". the scenes/events are very short... i guess i just can't get attached to the characters.

but seeing how many good reviews there are, and how many people are just communicating about the game (2000 pages, damn) i'm wondering if i'm still very early in the game and later events are getting bigger/better/both.
Eternum has less sandbox elements and is more story focused. HH has less VN elements and has a larger(compared to Eternum) focus on sandbox. Early game is more sandbox and slower event build up, late game is more story focused with less new sandbox elements.

Day 30 isn't very far. Have you built the second floor? Dungeon? There are... 8(?) main girls. The receptionist would be more of a side character - her content is pretty small compared to say Lin or Ashley.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021

Yeah... so the first 3 girls in HH are sorta your training wheels for the game's mechanics. You learn about the use of the pc, the mailbox, how to get new events, and slowly advance to sexual stuff with each one, which gives you the trainer-lite elements of HH which are a good way to pass the time until you get Maria and start to actually fill all the time slots more regularly, with girls events.

Even if you were 4 days late to getting to Ashley's vaginal event, Maria should have shown up in the hotel by day 30, so you should just be getting at the point where Lin, Ashley, and Kali's events get more personal, and the game starts to open up.

Also, as of this update, exploring Caliber should give you some things to do, though admittedly that content ends quickly, especially if you rush through it. However, I do suggest doing all of it, and then once you've unlocked it, spending time each day to do a delivery for the bowling alley. This doesn't take a time slot if you do nothing else in Caliber that day, and can help you get the money necessary to buy hotel upgrades much quicker than people had it in the past. If you want more girls, rush the second floor. If you want more passive income, rush the bar, spend time doing the trainer stuff with the girls you have now, and rush the bars upgrades. Fully upgraded the bar pays for the second floor in a week, and then the garden a week later, and so on and so forth.

The trainer elements aren't required to play through the game, but some of the stats, especially vaginal, exhibition, submission, and affection/obedience, can effect the way the story for each girl plays out, and unlock new recurring content, like the lust events/system.

Give it some time. The main girls you've met all have some opening up to do really soon, and I promise you, you will be surprised how deep these character focused stories will get, and how much the overearching plot will expand as you keep playing.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019

First, thanks for the legit answer. Most of the long-time players really want to help because we know the potential of the game.

You've already received a couple of great responses, but the thing that I would add is: take a slow approach. The game is vast and mature today, but some of the leveling mechanics were written in the early days with the idea that people could play repeatable events and increase the girls stats between version releases. So work on the girl's stats and, as the girls stories progress, you'll get the best interactions with them and have the most fun.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Perhaps post your game / educational credentials so that everyone here can learn from your experience. I'm sure if you're willing to comment and critique you've got knowledge to spare to help improve the development, right?
That would have been the reasonable thing to do, but that wouldn't have let him show all of us his exclamation point-sizing skills. I'm pretty sure he ruptured a cerebral aneurysm screaming so we probably don't have to worry about him coming back and responding to your post.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
The trainer elements aren't required to play through the game, but some of the stats, especially vaginal, exhibition, submission, and affection/obedience, can effect the way the story for each girl plays out, and unlock new recurring content, like the lust events/system.
I believe there's also a lewd event for Ashley during the tower scene that depends on the anal stat, that is if you're into that stuff and want the lewd scene. Unless that was changed since the last time I've played that event ? I just remember getting it the first time, then being confused during my second playthrough because I didn't get it and had to reload a save in order to play this scene properly because there was no way in hell I'd miss that.

That would be interesting to have a list of which stat is required for each optionnal lewd scene with each girl. Did the old mod have something like that ? Never used one for this game so IDK, but I think that's the only info needed for a "walkthrough" of this game since everything else happens naturally anyway.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I believe there's also a lewd event for Ashley during the tower scene that depends on the anal stat, that is if you're into that stuff and want the lewd scene. Unless that was changed since the last time I've played that event ? I just remember getting it the first time, then being confused during my second playthrough because I didn't get it and had to reload a save in order to play this scene properly because there was no way in hell I'd miss that.

That would be interesting to have a list of which stat is required for each optionnal lewd scene with each girl. Did the old mod have something like that ? Never used one for this game so IDK, but I think that's the only info needed for a "walkthrough" of this game since everything else happens naturally anyway.
The idea being that if you are into that, you will be doing those events to pass the time. ;)
Same with Lin's exhibitionism stat, for the shopping event.

There are not too many of those, but yeah, that would be a good list to have.

Reactions: PervyParadox

Majin890

Apr 9, 2022
Is there a new bug getting level 4 Bar event? Been trying to get it in the evening on weekends, but it never triggers. When I go in the morning it says to wait for closing time. Got this event before but I decided to do a newgame a few months back lol.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
Is there a new bug getting level 4 Bar event? Been trying to get it in the evening on weekends, but it never triggers. When I go in the morning it says to wait for closing time. Got this event before but I decided to do a newgame a few months back lol.
Maria has to be past a certain point.. (definitely her anal event, but possibly later), and you need to purchase her the bartender outfit.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Finding it hard to be horny at the moment.
I Got da Covids, Sapped all my strength and vigor. :sick:
On the upside I'm through the worst of it and should be right in a few days!.
Seeing how bad my flatmates are having it i feel lucky. They in real bad shape. :(
Odd considering I'm the only one unvaxed here. lol
Must be my Orcish genes eating the covid cells in my body,
Nothing survives in an Orc except an ORC!.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
It did, and it was the main reason I kept using it.
Now that I'm playing without it I don't really miss it, but I kinda knew where the scenes were and which stats were required.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
It did, and it was the main reason I kept using it.
Now that I'm playing without it I don't really miss it, but I kinda knew where the scenes were and which stats were required.
I'm only going from memory: wasn't most of those scenes exhibition related? What scenes required a higher any other stat? Coming to mind there are 2-3 shopping events, 2-3 dinner events, 1 Kali in the pool event all of which require exhibition. I know wiki says if Kali also has a high enough sub+exh you can have sex with her at the beach though that's never worked for me.

I've personally never missed those since I generally grind those stats up since I know it's a thing - I know new players might miss 'em though, but their other stats I've always slowly worked at because I don't remember any instance that they're useful outside of Cornwell's challenge.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
shadowtempered torresm -

The differences between having the girl's stats high enough to hit certain 'Traits' - 'Buttslut', 'In love' etc. - is more about when you can perform specific actions and not if you will. There a small handful of scenes that have stat-based variants but the differences are minor - an exposed boob here, using a toy there, but you don't really miss anything - you just can't do certain things until the girls have the right traits.

In general, 'In love/Obedience', 'Submissive', 'Exhibitionist' and 'Nympho' are the most important and anyone that wants to 'see everything' (which they will anyway) just needs to run these up as soon as the game allows and not speed through the girl's events. The only real departure from this is Lin, who should be maxed out in every way possible as soon as possible.

Anyone that follows this advice, which came from Runey, doesn't need to 'know the number' - just light up those boxes ;)

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I have fixed the last Lain's mod (v0.14.x) to work with 0.16.x. It obviously only supports characters from 0.14.x and I did not edit any other files than the ones that resulted in an error when clicking the mod button.
It's tested for a couple of hours, and so far I have had no errors.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes