Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Well i started as a pirate with this game,
I liked it so much I'm now a patron.
I don't make a lot of money, live on a pension so i budget everything.
I have $10 ($17 in my currency) a month for patron expense and i like a lot of games.
I give Runey half my monthly Patron budget and still patron for a few other games.
"Runeys game gets the most because its the best IMHO"
I don't mind if the game is leaked here as long as its not hurting development or pissing Runey off.
they way i see it is I'm just one broke OTB, If i patron how many with more money then I have will too?
I know I'm not the only one who started as a pirate with this game, Then decided screw it lets help in a small way while i can.

Side Note:
I'm also currently learning C# and unity, got a game idea i would like to make a reality,
Don't know if it will ever happen (I'm old and learning is hard with memory problems)
but if it does I'd like to release it here, much like Runey has done,
It looks like a good way to get you game noticed by a large audience quickly.
for your first release or two this would be an invaluable source of feed back, advertising and fan base building.
which would make future projects better in the long run.

TLDR:
I think Runey and a lot of other devs made the smart play releasing their games here.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Well i started as a pirate with this game,
I liked it so much I'm now a patron.
I don't make a lot of money, live on a pension so i budget everything.
I have $10 ($17 in my currency) a month for patron expense and i like a lot of games.
I give Runey half my monthly Patron budget and still patron for a few other games.
"Runeys game gets the most because its the best IMHO"
I don't mind if the game is leaked here as long as its not hurting development or pissing Runey off.
they way i see it is I'm just one broke OTB, If i patron how many with more money then I have will too?
I know I'm not the only one who started as a pirate with this game, Then decided screw it lets help in a small way while i can.

Side Note:
I'm also currently learning C# and unity, got a game idea i would like to make a reality,
Don't know if it will ever happen (I'm old and learning is hard with memory problems)
but if it does I'd like to release it here, much like Runey has done,
It looks like a good way to get you game noticed by a large audience quickly.
for your first release or two this would be an invaluable source of feed back, advertising and fan base building.
which would make future projects better in the long run.

TLDR:
I think Runey and a lot of other devs made the smart play releasing their games here.

Great post. I first became aware of VNs from torrent trackers and wouldn't have found most of the games, including the dev projects I contribute to, without this forum.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Okay guys, apparently since Runey isn't against it... I am uploading the release for you guys. It'll take a little bit.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Okay guys, apparently since Runey isn't against it... I am uploading the release for you guys. It'll take a little bit.
The current pre release is still buggy, Runey doesn't mind whent he $5 version gets leaked, but this version can still cause issues.
Need...

...resist...

...temptation...

(I mean I need to, you go ahead and do whatever you feel like... ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Lewismass

Mar 15, 2019
Hey, I do agree with you 100% normally. If Runey says don't do it I won't. If there are people who don't want me to do it, I simply won't. I do like this website but I do have fully respect to devs and their projects as well.
[/QUOT.

Please upload?

GrumpyMatt

May 11, 2017
Runey: You can play early test version, but i do not recommend cuz its buggy as hell and can wreck ur save
Players: Download anyway
Game: Last warning, you play on your own responsibility, bugged build can wreck saves
Players: Play anyway
Game: Wrecks save
Players:

Wankers Cramp

Aug 16, 2016
And I'd imagine a good chunk of his patrons found him here. That's how things usually work. The best devs accept that their game will be pirated, and, while they may not like it, realize that this piracy can be viewed as advertising, and leads to a larger income overall.

Put it this way - would you rather 1000 people play your game and you make $5000, or 100,000 people play your game, with 1800 patrons and $9000?

Figures pulled out of my butt
As other users have pointed out, this is also how I discovered this game and I have given him around 60$ over the course of a few months. I can't justify paying more than 60$ for what is basically a indie game. I gladly support things I like but I think there's a limit to how much support I'm willing to give. The problem overall isn't with Runey, it's with Patreon's monetization methods and a lot of users on f95 suddenly trying to hold everyones hand and preaching about "breaking saves" and whatnot. A disclaimer is all you need. Not the permission of a dev to PIRATE their game. I'm sorry if that's offensive but that's how it is. If someone bitches about breaking their save then you point out it had a chance to happen and tell them they are responsible for it. The dev, the website, and no other users are responsible.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes