Aug 16, 2016
Does Runey really agree with that ? Is it not kinda weird ?
In the others hand, I can understand why patreons who paid doesnt want to share and ask the others to just wait.
I think its more along the lines of there's little he can do about it and fighting it is just likely to waste his time resulting in frustration and less content. DRM inconveniences paying customers and usually gets circumvented anyway, not to mention also wastes dev time. Getting mad about it will just distance people. And some of the pirates will review the game or become customers if they like the game enough and maybe have some extra money, so distancing them would be somewhat counterproductive.

So its less "distributing my work is fine" and more "there's little I can do about it, so lets be amicable and maybe some of you'll support me a bit".

Reactions: Scyra and bolenart

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Does Runey really agree with that ? Is it not kinda weird ?
In the others hand, I can understand why patreons who paid doesnt want to share and ask the others to just wait.
I think its more along the lines of there's little he can do about it and fighting it is just likely to waste his time resulting in frustration and less content. DRM inconveniences paying customers and usually gets circumvented anyway, not to mention also wastes dev time. Getting mad about it will just distance people. And some of the pirates will review the game or become customers if they like the game enough and maybe have some extra money, so distancing them would be somewhat counterproductive.

So its less "distributing my work is fine" and more "there's little I can do about it, so lets be amicable and maybe some of you'll support me a bit".
Plus we serve as a swarm of unpaid testers.
And I'd imagine a good chunk of his patrons found him here. That's how things usually work. The best devs accept that their game will be pirated, and, while they may not like it, realize that this piracy can be viewed as advertising, and leads to a larger income overall.

Put it this way - would you rather 1000 people play your game and you make $5000, or 100,000 people play your game, with 1800 patrons and $9000?

Figures pulled out of my butt

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Well i started as a pirate with this game,
I liked it so much I'm now a patron.
I don't make a lot of money, live on a pension so i budget everything.
I have $10 ($17 in my currency) a month for patron expense and i like a lot of games.
I give Runey half my monthly Patron budget and still patron for a few other games.
"Runeys game gets the most because its the best IMHO"
I don't mind if the game is leaked here as long as its not hurting development or pissing Runey off.
they way i see it is I'm just one broke OTB, If i patron how many with more money then I have will too?
I know I'm not the only one who started as a pirate with this game, Then decided screw it lets help in a small way while i can.

Side Note:
I'm also currently learning C# and unity, got a game idea i would like to make a reality,
Don't know if it will ever happen (I'm old and learning is hard with memory problems)
but if it does I'd like to release it here, much like Runey has done,
It looks like a good way to get you game noticed by a large audience quickly.
for your first release or two this would be an invaluable source of feed back, advertising and fan base building.
which would make future projects better in the long run.

TLDR:
I think Runey and a lot of other devs made the smart play releasing their games here.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Well i started as a pirate with this game,
I liked it so much I'm now a patron.
I don't make a lot of money, live on a pension so i budget everything.
I have $10 ($17 in my currency) a month for patron expense and i like a lot of games.
I give Runey half my monthly Patron budget and still patron for a few other games.
"Runeys game gets the most because its the best IMHO"
I don't mind if the game is leaked here as long as its not hurting development or pissing Runey off.
they way i see it is I'm just one broke OTB, If i patron how many with more money then I have will too?
I know I'm not the only one who started as a pirate with this game, Then decided screw it lets help in a small way while i can.

Side Note:
I'm also currently learning C# and unity, got a game idea i would like to make a reality,
Don't know if it will ever happen (I'm old and learning is hard with memory problems)
but if it does I'd like to release it here, much like Runey has done,
It looks like a good way to get you game noticed by a large audience quickly.
for your first release or two this would be an invaluable source of feed back, advertising and fan base building.
which would make future projects better in the long run.

TLDR:
I think Runey and a lot of other devs made the smart play releasing their games here.

Great post. I first became aware of VNs from torrent trackers and wouldn't have found most of the games, including the dev projects I contribute to, without this forum.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Okay guys, apparently since Runey isn't against it... I am uploading the release for you guys. It'll take a little bit.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Okay guys, apparently since Runey isn't against it... I am uploading the release for you guys. It'll take a little bit.
The current pre release is still buggy, Runey doesn't mind whent he $5 version gets leaked, but this version can still cause issues.
Need...

...resist...

...temptation...

(I mean I need to, you go ahead and do whatever you feel like... ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Lewismass

Mar 15, 2019
Hey, I do agree with you 100% normally. If Runey says don't do it I won't. If there are people who don't want me to do it, I simply won't. I do like this website but I do have fully respect to devs and their projects as well.
[/QUOT.

Please upload?

GrumpyMatt

May 11, 2017
Runey: You can play early test version, but i do not recommend cuz its buggy as hell and can wreck ur save
Players: Download anyway
Game: Last warning, you play on your own responsibility, bugged build can wreck saves
Players: Play anyway
Game: Wrecks save
Players:

4.70 star(s) 443 Votes