katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
It's a joke (although the Febuary part is probably true) from CD Projekt Red's announcement:

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
This must be a joke February is fine but 2077 unless we are in Fallow 4 and some refrigeration machine we will never see that Version XD
No, this is serious. I paid someone a lot to design this conceptually original apology letter.

--

In other news, another preview.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hello everyone o/

v0.9 will likely release soon, but with much less content than I sought out to develop originally. I think what's in it is great, but development is slow and I suspect it will be for a while if I keep going and I don't want you guys waiting forever. My head has been a mess for the past few weeks, my libido is almost non-existent, I can barely finish a meal, development has felt like pulling a wheelbarrow full of rocks through mud on a rainy day. I still have a desire to develop and think of new story, but it rarely goes anywhere. I also actually still plan on working for the next few weeks up until my move, but it will undoubtedly be slow, and I don't want to feel rushed to push this stuff out in my current state.

Contrary to this bad news, I have good news. This wont release anytime soon, but I've been developing a new main character, I've developed 5 events for her, and her walls are purple. I wont give out any more details on that. She likely wont release for a few updates. I don't think I can juggle another main character every update at the moment, but I do have ideas, and I've been developing them for future use when I can manage (and especially when I have a great idea).

As for Heroes of the Harem Hotel (HHH) I'd like to release the first build alongside v0.10.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello everyone o/

v0.9 will likely release soon, but with much less content than I sought out to develop originally. I think what's in it is great, but development is slow and I suspect it will be for a while if I keep going and I don't want you guys waiting forever. My head has been a mess for the past few weeks, my libido is almost non-existent, I can barely finish a meal, development has felt like pulling a wheelbarrow full of rocks through mud on a rainy day. I still have a desire to develop and think of new story, but it rarely goes anywhere. I also actually still plan on working for the next few weeks up until my move, but it will undoubtedly be slow, and I don't want to feel rushed to push this stuff out in my current state.

Contrary to this bad news, I have good news. This wont release anytime soon, but I've been developing a new main character, I've developed 5 events for her, and her walls are purple. I wont give out any more details on that. She likely wont release for a few updates. I don't think I can juggle another main character every update at the moment, but I do have ideas, and I've been developing them for future use when I can manage (and especially when I have a great idea).

As for Heroes of the Harem Hotel (HHH) I'd like to release the first build alongside v0.10.
take a day or 2 off , everyone needs some time to themselves ,.... besides your game is so freaking awesome , we can wait a little longer (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hello everyone o/

Sounds like you need to spend a week or two on a beach somewhere all-inclusive with a staff that bring you drinks with lots of rum and little umbrellas.

Hope you feel better soon.

Parcel

Mar 27, 2017
Hello everyone o/

I realize reality might make this difficult, but it sounds like you could use a break, and possibly a visit to a doctor. Don't push yourself to the breaking point if you can avoid it.

I hope you feel better soon.

camoway

May 15, 2017
Hello everyone o/

you are a very talented dev, I miss the old days when it was fire, every single update was amazing and frequent. I want you to contrast what it was like before the grindy deadlines too now. we are all here for your talent not grinded content. Go get laid bro, we pay you to make this game. I fully support using my money to fly to vegas and get your fuck on till your nuts run dry. You need to get inspiration from somewhere right! Do a poll I am sure we would support that man. Its for the content inspiration. It's your job to go get laid, in my eyes anyway. Maybe nobody will agree with me but post nut clarity is a real thing. just saying

• Haha
Reactions: L30 and TheDevian

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I know you guys mean well but it is not that simple, while I can not speak for Runey.

I am 40, no wife, no kids, no girlfriend, and never worked a day in my life due to irritable bowel syndrome disorder, for which there is no cure, no medicine, and for me no leaving the house without taking Imodium, don't ask, just know that my life is in the toilet and not a metaphor.

" I hope you feel better soon", 20 years of depression for me, so nope not happening, as is for most people with it.

" Take some time off", when you have depression time off doesn't really help, and if it does it is short short term, odds are if you have depression sleep is your worst enemy, or to be exact falling asleep is.

" Don't think about it", my dad is dead and when he was 4 saw one of the bombs the Nazi's dropped on England explode and kill someone, and was told not to think about it, he was born in 1937, died in 2011, still had nightmares about it.

" Speak to family about it", often the hardest thing to do, talking to my mum upsets her, also because things are shit for us, my sister is a gossip, my brother has told me I just need to eat better or exercise to help with my IBSD, which is rubbish, and abuses me verbally, and sadly have no choice but to live with him.

" See a doctor", whose first response in most cases is drugs, which often makes things worse, not kidding, I tried one lot, it made me hallucinate, and stated in side effects can make suicidal thoughts WORSE.

" See a shrink", sometimes talking doesn't help, I can speak for Australia and I believe in a 12 month period, you can see one 5 times, then 5 more sessions free as I am unemployed, maybe the person has no insurance, maybe their insurance won't cover it, seeing a shrink ain't cheap.

One thing depression does, which it sounds like what Runey has, maybe I am wrong, but pressure does not help.

Which is why it was pissing me off so much these stupid people asking when is the next update, or these stupid the game has been dumped, not coming out, sure maybe you are joking, but maybe it affects Runey, you do not know how some stupid simple thing can make you feel shit.

Maybe Runey has none of this, and no doubt the people who should read this post probably won't, but sometimes when your head isn't right, nothing helps, you are often your own worse enemy.

And no fucking doesn't help.

Ammaccabanane

Jan 16, 2020
Hello everyone o/

Been there. Keep working, but don't push yourself.

If you ever had new weird ideas, even outside HH, this might be the best time. It's still something to do, and you want that, but it provides change. And if it doesn't work out because you aren't as creative as you need to be, it's alright, you can always get back to it when you're feeling better.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hello everyone o/

As someone who has suffered with depression for my whole life, I can sympathize. Do what you have to do, sometimes a short break can do wonders. Either way, I wish you the best.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I know you guys mean well but it is not that simple, while I can not speak for Runey.

I am 40, no wife, no kids, no girlfriend, and never worked a day in my life due to irritable bowel syndrome disorder, for which there is no cure, no medicine, and for me no leaving the house without taking Imodium, don't ask, just know that my life is in the toilet and not a metaphor.

" I hope you feel better soon", 20 years of depression for me, so nope not happening, as is for most people with it.

" Take some time off", when you have depression time off doesn't really help, and if it does it is short short term, odds are if you have depression sleep is your worst enemy, or to be exact falling asleep is.

" Don't think about it", my dad is dead and when he was 4 saw one of the bombs the Nazi's dropped on England explode and kill someone, and was told not to think about it, he was born in 1937, died in 2011, still had nightmares about it.

" Speak to family about it", often the hardest thing to do, talking to my mum upsets her, also because things are shit for us, my sister is a gossip, my brother has told me I just need to eat better or exercise to help with my IBSD, which is rubbish, and abuses me verbally, and sadly have no choice but to live with him.

" See a doctor", whose first response in most cases is drugs, which often makes things worse, not kidding, I tried one lot, it made me hallucinate, and stated in side effects can make suicidal thoughts WORSE.

" See a shrink", sometimes talking doesn't help, I can speak for Australia and I believe in a 12 month period, you can see one 5 times, then 5 more sessions free as I am unemployed, maybe the person has no insurance, maybe their insurance won't cover it, seeing a shrink ain't cheap.

One thing depression does, which it sounds like what Runey has, maybe I am wrong, but pressure does not help.

Which is why it was pissing me off so much these stupid people asking when is the next update, or these stupid the game has been dumped, not coming out, sure maybe you are joking, but maybe it affects Runey, you do not know how some stupid simple thing can make you feel shit.

Maybe Runey has none of this, and no doubt the people who should read this post probably won't, but sometimes when your head isn't right, nothing helps, you are often your own worse enemy.

And no fucking doesn't help.
I get where you're coming from with this, but at the same time I disagree with some of it.

As a sufferer of depression myself, I'm well aware it isn't that easy, especially since literally every single case is unique, there's no easy fix. Some things help, others don't do squat.

My "Hope you feel better soon" is meant as a show of support, as well as an honest statement of fact. There isn't much else I can do except offer an ear to Runey if he wants to talk / vent about shit (which I'm down for if you need it, buddy) but honestly, as far as he's concerned, I'm just some guy on the internet, and I'm not qualified to do anything "professionally".

The only alternative we have to a show of support is either saying nothing, which obviously doesn't help since it's, you know, nothing, or going to opposite route and being like "Suck it up and get back to work, bitch, I want my pr0n!".

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I get where you're coming from with this, but at the same time I disagree with some of it.

As a sufferer of depression myself, I'm well aware it isn't that easy, especially since literally every single case is unique, there's no easy fix. Some things help, others don't do squat.

My "Hope you feel better soon" is meant as a show of support, as well as an honest statement of fact. There isn't much else I can do except offer an ear to Runey if he wants to talk / vent about shit (which I'm down for if you need it, buddy) but honestly, as far as he's concerned, I'm just some guy on the internet, and I'm not qualified to do anything "professionally".

The only alternative we have to a show of support is either saying nothing, which obviously doesn't help since it's, you know, nothing, or going to opposite route and being like "Suck it up and get back to work, bitch, I want my pr0n!".
Personally, I find pot helps... :sneaky:

No doubt, always happy to bend an ear if you need to vent!

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes