Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
The main characters already have enough time slots locked away where story or other content can't be done and I don't want to increase that
Can I ask why you view that as a positive? That, for example, Android isn't available until evening pretty much every day is a thing I acknowledge, but why is that a good thing? How does that make the game more fun, using your wording? This isn't a criticism; I'm seriously just asking.

For me, content in every location in every consequence would be an unmitigated good. "Content" meaning someone there to say "hey" or whatever, right on up to a full event. I can't see why an empty laundry room 99.9% of the time is interesting to anyone.

But the bar can also be another place for side characters to come! Vanessa, Kim, Nala, Ami, Kate, Hana
I do feel that the bar is a vessel you've not yet populated, so I'm looking forward to all of this.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Can I ask why you view that as a positive? That, for example, Android isn't available until evening pretty much every day is a thing I acknowledge, but why is that a good thing? How does that make the game more fun, using your wording? This isn't a criticism; I'm seriously just asking.
She is available in the morning and evenings, just not at noon.

The good thing is that is helps encourage people to not focus on one girl at a time.

Reactions: freedom.call

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
She is available in the morning and evenings, just not at noon.

The good thing is that is helps encourage people to not focus on one girl at a time.
Unless she's showering or in the lobby or in the vestibule, but yes. Plus, no time slot's more taken up by timed events than the morning, so in effect Android's still very often only available in the evening.

I think the way everyone's content is ultimately cross-gated is a more than effective way to force players to spread the love around. I'm not sure the existence of a second mechanism is necessary.

The main characters already have enough time slots locked away
Fine, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be unlocked. I'm suggesting they should be populated. If Maria's in the garden she's not available for a story-advancing event. The same as if she's in the lobby. The same as if Ashley's at school.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017
While not exactly what you're asking for, we do have a wiki that has the continent on it. It's not a great one though and definitely needs more detail.

It's hard to think of many good places to put a map like this in game though. Maybe as the wallpaper?
How about a small clickable map on the wall in the lobby (it *is* technically a hotel, after all) that pulls up a bigger map image overlaying the main screen similar to how the Info button overlays?

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Unless she's showering or in the lobby or in the vestibule, but yes. Plus, no time slot's more taken up by timed events than the morning, so in effect Android's still very often only available in the evening.

I think the way everyone's content is ultimately cross-gated is a more than effective way to force players to spread the love around. I'm not sure the existence of a second mechanism is necessary.
Yeah, but that is the same for everyone.

You would be surprised how often people come in here asking about why they can't advance someone, only to find out that it was because they were ignoring someone else, and there really are not that many of those overlaps. He generally keeps that to a minimum.

Reactions: freedom.call

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
You would be surprised how often people come in here asking about why they can't advance someone, only to find out that it was because they were ignoring someone else, and there really are not that many of those overlaps. He generally keeps that to a minimum.
Alright, but I've never objected to that element of this particular game. I'm simply speculating about a game in which someone was available to do something, somewhere, in every particular time slot. HH actually makes that possible once you've moved the plot along, which is one of its many qualities, but it could be expanded into locations that are currently (mostly) unused. That's all I was suggesting.

Reactions: TheDevian

anon1012

May 25, 2018
While not exactly what you're asking for, we do have a wiki that has the continent on it. It's not a great one though and definitely needs more detail.

It's hard to think of many good places to put a map like this in game though. Maybe as the wallpaper?
I think the most important criteria is putting it somewhere where it's accessible even during scenes.
Here's a quick mock-up of what I'd implement. It's 3-am though so yeah, quality is as you'd expect.

The 'Map' on the left could be anywhere. I kept the "Syl'anar" in Pink at the top since that's where the character Names are when viewing the Gallery. That way it's consistent.
If you had a world map with the other continents you could even use the arrow at the bottom to switch between them.

ps: great update, as always

Reactions: Runey

remxbor

Jul 9, 2018
I wrote a review of the game. But to re-iterate in the forum so there more visibility to see if other people have the same 'issue' I do.

I really dislike having to select body sizes for the android every scene. When you grind scenes this gets really tedious. Especially if you are someone who already has a preference in mind. It feels really strange that there is no set default option for this.

I wish some of the android stuff would be updated to keep the 'human' body when its unlocked. Its a bit weird to see full reversion. But then again - I'm not sure what the best way to implement something like this is. Because at that stage, the android essentially has 'free will' and if you are of the morality that they should be able to 'do whatever' with their body - then it would mean locking the player out of these scenes if they wanted to see it.

A possible work around would maybe be if the new menu was to ask for your preference AFTER that event. That there would be an option to say "this version of your look is my XXX activity default". Then on days she asks to stay with her human look, that you could still interact but with the human model.

I understand that this is PROBABLY in the works - mostly because you can't interact with her on those days anyway. But I wanted to roll it in just to see if other people, would agree.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
It encourages the player to not focus on one character. It's a subtle way of saying "go do something else". Too much of this will get annoying. This is Harem Hotel after all, so the idea is to play through every character's story.

I think the most important criteria is putting it somewhere where it's accessible even during scenes.
Here's a quick mock-up of what I'd implement. It's 3-am though so yeah, quality is as you'd expect.

The 'Map' on the left could be anywhere. I kept the "Syl'anar" in Pink at the top since that's where the character Names are when viewing the Gallery. That way it's consistent.
If you had a world map with the other continents you could even use the arrow at the bottom to switch between them.

ps: great update, as always
Thanks for the suggestion. I've also decided to rework the map in photoshop:

Still a work in progress.
23.png
203.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
It encourages the player to not focus on one character. It's a subtle way of saying "go do something else". Too much of this will get annoying.
How does that function, though? If I'm focused on Android, I'm going to spam my way through the game until I have access to her. (I say this because I'm currently playing this bizarre version of the game in which I'm OCD-ing individual stats) You're not actually encouraging me to go talk to/fuck someone else, you're just denying me the character I want. I get the theory, but does it actually function in practice? Are people who are desperate for more Maria actually satisfied when Lin gets horny? Is what you're trying to do how players actually experience the game?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I wrote a review of the game. But to re-iterate in the forum so there more visibility to see if other people have the same 'issue' I do.

I really dislike having to select body sizes for the android every scene. When you grind scenes this gets really tedious. Especially if you are someone who already has a preference in mind. It feels really strange that there is no set default option for this.

I wish some of the android stuff would be updated to keep the 'human' body when its unlocked. Its a bit weird to see full reversion. But then again - I'm not sure what the best way to implement something like this is. Because at that stage, the android essentially has 'free will' and if you are of the morality that they should be able to 'do whatever' with their body - then it would mean locking the player out of these scenes if they wanted to see it.

A possible work around would maybe be if the new menu was to ask for your preference AFTER that event. That there would be an option to say "this version of your look is my XXX activity default". Then on days she asks to stay with her human look, that you could still interact but with the human model.

I understand that this is PROBABLY in the works - mostly because you can't interact with her on those days anyway. But I wanted to roll it in just to see if other people, would agree.
Thanks for bringing this up here. Yeah, a lot of that stuff will most likely make it in at some point. It's just down to priority in most cases.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Just to be clear and bring this back to first principles: that the laundry room is usually empty and event-free is key to making players spread their interest around? That I can't have sex with Ashley in the hot springs is what makes me pursue Maria's path?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Just to be clear and bring this back to first principles: that the laundry room is usually empty and event-free is key to making players spread their interest around? That I can't have sex with Ashley in the hot springs is what makes me pursue Maria's path?
Huh? What? No.

munstre

Jun 23, 2019
Torrent: ( ) ❤
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)
Oh boy, thanks for this torrent release. I came back to this game after a while (my old version is 0.13.1) and browsed the thread for a bit looking for old updates just to learn that as of 0.14 I've gotta re-download the game. The 0.14 torrent and the official 0.14.1 patch helps a ton especially since Mega won't let me download 8GB sized files without paying and the direct links take like 10 hours on average to DL which is pretty ridiculous lmao. Anyway, thanks again, I promise to seed!

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes