shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I realize that this post is likely going to be highly criticized, but I have to put this out there. I've played this game for years using the walkthrough mod, and as it looks like the mod is not going to be continued, I could really use a clean, full save file from the last year or two so I don't have to replay this whole thing. I know many people enjoy replaying games, but I don't have the time for that, and I just want to enjoy the new update. I've tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything. So if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Is there no un-install method for the mod once installed? If you removed it on the latest stable version of the game the mod supports, would the save work going into the latest version game? IE: Remove mod on v17, migrate save to v18 when it's released?

No idea if that's an option, just tossing it out.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Is there no un-install method for the mod once installed? If you removed it on the latest stable version of the game the mod supports, would the save work going into the latest version game? IE: Remove mod on v17, migrate save to v18 when it's released?

No idea if that's an option, just tossing it out.
There was never an option to uninstall Lain's mod, but, supposedly they fixed the broken save issue when trying to play later releases without the mod.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I realize that this post is likely going to be highly criticized, but I have to put this out there. I've played this game for years using the walkthrough mod, and as it looks like the mod is not going to be continued, I could really use a clean, full save file from the last year or two so I don't have to replay this whole thing. I know many people enjoy replaying games, but I don't have the time for that, and I just want to enjoy the new update. I've tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything. So if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you are talking about Lain's mod, then your saves should work fine. If you mean Lord Ash's mod, it has not been updated for a while, and he can't continue anything any more. Dead men make no mods. :cry:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Well that was somewhat anticlimactic for me. Error opening game from the start. Apparently trying to use ALSA instead of PulseAudio. I will troubleshoot for all my Linux people out there.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
    call _gl_test
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in script
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
Exception: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Connection refused

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
    run(restart)
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3286, in interact
    self.start()
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 2200, in start
    renpy.audio.audio.init()
  File "/storage/Big/Games/Harem_Hotel-v0.18-BETA-3-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 955, in init
    renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
  File "renpysound.pyx", line 390, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
  File "renpysound.pyx", line 98, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error
Exception: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Connection refused

Linux-5.15.0-105-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.18-BETA-3
Sat Jul 20 14:54:02 2024

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 39188, in <module>
NameError: name 'kate_complete15' is not defined

Any way to resolve this error?

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Not of all games, no, and not of this one.
You are welcome to try, but wait for the full release.
In renpy games, I should clarify. Unless something was somehow broken in how renpy works with android on this specific update that's about to launch, I've played every update up to this point on Android. Hell out of touch just uses 5 apk installers before you can actually play the game. Obviously you've done work on the game so I'm not trying to claim expertise with what's under the hood, I'm just certain the porters who've been porting it will continue to do so.

If not I'll be bummed as hell, but such is life.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

While running game code:

Don't play beta builds. Wait for the actual release.
In renpy games, I should clarify. Unless something was somehow broken in how renpy works with android on this specific update that's about to launch, I've played every update up to this point on Android. Hell out of touch just uses 5 apk installers before you can actually play the game. Obviously you've done work on the game so I'm not trying to claim expertise with what's under the hood, I'm just certain the porters who've been porting it will continue to do so.

If not I'll be bummed as hell, but such is life.
Well, I don't know anything about the coding part of the game, I only work on art and stuff, but as far as I know, the only way to play this game on Android is with the Joiplay app, and has been for some time. But I will admit, that since I don't have a cell phone, and wouldn't play games on one if I did, my only experience with it is trying to help people who have issues with the Joiplay app on Discord.
But officially, that is the only way to play it on there... Runey stopped making an official one a long time ago.

Reactions: TamreeFugar

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

While running game code:

Delete what you downloaded and wait for the real full release of version 18.
Someone leaked the beta of the game here, and beta's are known to be buggy, which is why Runey does not post beta copies here.
They are test versions to try out events and find bugs, and not meant to be played.
Also, if you have made any saves with it, delete them.
It is not uncommon for saves made in beta versions to cause the game to crash when playing the official release version.

Reactions: TamreeFugar
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes