Aug 19, 2016
----ERROR FIX HERE----

I've found a workaround for the Kate_complete error.
Install the new console config at (main game folder\renpy\common)
only thing changed was activating the console.

then when in game type in "kate_complete15=0"

that will fix the Kate issue. Still looking for the garden error fix tho

Last edited:

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
Hyperbole much? Virtually every post from a "regular" I've seen has been about unintended future consequences that might not get fixed when transitioning to the full copy.

Ya... this right here Commander is kinda the whole point.

I'm not going to get into the whole "it was leaked" / "they should deal with it" blah blah blah -- ultimately, everyone here is impacted to some degree. Either by swimming through beta troubleshooting posts or by trying to help people navigate errors that haven't been identified as beta/full. It's great someone thought the thread needed updating and I'd like to think they were trying to be helpful with the leak, but it's beta for a reason.
Oh, I'm sorry, here I thought hyperbole was one of the central pillars of making a joke. Clearly I was misled :unsure:
(btw, that was sarcasm)

Avoiding borked saves is as simple as doing a manual save
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, if you want to be extra careful, you can copy the save from the saves folder, then restore it later. It's not that hard, yet there are more people getting mad about beta posting than even trying to talk about avoiding the issue by using manual saves.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So if the beta is still dysfunctionnal, it might be a good idea to put the previous version back on the first page in the meantime. Because right now it's been 10 days and people who don't have the previous version litterally still can't download the game at all.
Unfortunately, that is not how things work here, they will always post the newest one, no matter what, as long as it's not infected or something.
bruh, and I thought runey was the one who posted it lmao.
No, and he specifically asked me to let people know not to play it...
Has anyone encountered this yet? I have an error with the gardenscripts.rpyc
...And that there will no support for anyone who tries to play it.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
It's not that hard
I 100% agree with you. I also 100% don't have faith in the average person to figure these things out for themselves, which is why having the beta here is more of a headache than not.

A favorite quote of mine(this isn't being aimed at you, just in general):
George Carlin said:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Reactions: TheDevian

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
I 100% agree with you. I also 100% don't have faith in the average person to figure these things out for themselves, which is why having the beta here is more of a headache than not.

A favorite quote of mine(this isn't being aimed at you, just in general):
I'm familiar with George Carlin, but I think you're misusing the quote. If they can figure out how to copy/paste the error code here, they can handle making a manual save, that's a basic game function, not even specific to this game.

There has been at least 5 times the energy spent getting angry at people for playing the beta at all than there has been saying "Hey, just manually save before you play the beta". The energy has been more akin to "DON'T PLAY THE BETA, IT'S NOT READY :mad::mad::mad:"
Runey even *suggests* doing a manual save in the Beta itself (in the option to replay the early dates)

Reactions: shadowtempered

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I wish we could know whether we're days or weeks away at this point, though. It's tiring coming back every day hoping for an update.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I'm familiar with George Carlin, but I think you're misusing the quote. If they can figure out how to copy/paste the error code here, they can handle making a manual save, that's a basic game function, not even specific to this game.
Making a save isn't hard, as you've said. Making a save in the context of trying to prevent bugs in your future saves is something folks who are familiar with those kind of situations prepare for - not the average person(in-game warning or not). I think you bring up good points, but other than trying to step to help those who need it to offset things, the energy you perceive is there for a reason. Months of naysayers/doomsday fortune tellers that lead to multiple thread clean ups from the mods, followed by a beta with new bugs that currently have no support. I'm not saying it's right, but it's there.

I wish we could know whether we're days or weeks away at this point, though. It's tiring coming back every day hoping for an update.
My honest take: weeks. I'm hoping for Sept, that way anything sooner is just a benny.

Reactions: TheDevian and RPDL

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
This IS officially the second longest beta in the history of the game... the previous beta (18 beta 2) being the record holder at 6 months :HideThePain:

4.70 star(s) 455 Votes