shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Autumn spoiled me, I want all the other exhibitionism events expanded. XD
I'd love just a "content" patch that was just... existing things updated. Maybe some minor story beats for whatever related activity, but a focus on just the content that we have. New scenes, new whatever. I know story has been the focus for a while, but it was the extra stuff that originally pulled me in and it's kinda a bummer that nothing has been done with it in so long.

Nov 10, 2023
I was thinking that with how Autumns church is, she needs to be taken to her church and bent over the alter.
I am thinking about something else that I would like to place on the altair of Gaius and all over the church's floor and everything in the church, but I don't know how many churches of Gaius are there, so I don't know how many laxatives I need to buy to hit every single one of them.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
I'd love just a "content" patch that was just... existing things updated. Maybe some minor story beats for whatever related activity, but a focus on just the content that we have. New scenes, new whatever. I know story has been the focus for a while, but it was the extra stuff that originally pulled me in and it's kinda a bummer that nothing has been done with it in so long.
While I kind of agree, at times unlocking all the scenes and their variants can feel like a bit of a chore. I'm not saying we should have no expansion of the side scenes, but I think the main story advancement should take priority until the game is done. (That, and tossing some pregnancy scenes in there for fun.)

Not only that, but I can imagine at some point Runey is going to want to finish up the game and move on to something else. It's been what: five years now? While it's commendable they've been working on it this long, I can only imagine what they'll put out if they start fresh, and what a relief it'll be to have a new subject / concept.

Looking at Caribdis from Once In A Lifetime and Eternum, (amongst others) he seems to be making games also using Honey Select but something about the renders is definitely snazzier. Not only that, but moving to new concepts seems to be working for him from a burnout-avoidance standpoint. Getting there in a second game (if we ever finish Harem Hotel) and moving to a new concept / engine could be really nice.

Once again, not saying Runey should finish up, or is finishing, or is burned out, but I'd rather Runey keeps doing whatever it is that keeps Runey motivated / interested. If that's story scenes, that's what we'll take!

Reactions: genthrow

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
That is a slippery slope to get into.
I have seen devs who were doing well with regular updates, who started redoing old content, with little to no new content, and as time progressed they eventually rebooted the whole game and started from the very beginning.
And in a few cases, they restarted the game more than just once or twice.
It started to feel like the dev had lost their focus on what they wanted to happen in the game, and could no longer progress with it.
So, to keep it going, they stuck with just rebooting it, in the hopes that an idea would come to them.

We know that Runey has the games progression locked in, and has stayed on course, but too much looking at the past could break his focus on the goal.

dkNykita

Jul 31, 2018
Because it is a beta. That means that it is not finished, and still needs work.
It was against Runey's wishes that it got posted here, because Runey knew that it still had issues.
Regular posters in this thread have been warning people not to play the beta.
It is BROKEN, and the dev knew that before someone posted it here.

Runey knew about the bugs, which is why Runey does not ever post betas of Harem Hotel here.

People playing the beta are literally wasting their time, and potentially setting themselves up for future problems with broken saves, created while playing the beta.
I mean, what am i supposed to do when I'm returning after a long time and want to update but find ONLY the beta windows download link

packor

Oct 11, 2021
I mean, what am i supposed to do when I'm returning after a long time and want to update but find ONLY the beta windows download link
I tried to do "something", it was not that hard. Changelog shows what the previous version is. Google came up with the Patreon page where there are downloads :unsure: If you couldn't do anything, then you didn't even try.

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
Wait until Runey releases it officially, like the rest of us are.
There are too many risks to playing a beta of Harem Hotel.
The saves you make, may not be compatible with later releases, and you may get glitches throughout the game.
Not worth the risk.

if you skim through the last dozen pages in here, you will see quite a few posts from people who did try the beta, and they are getting glitches.

Reactions: Logan1377
4.70 star(s) 459 Votes