29fastly

May 23, 2018
I'm 75% of the way through fleshing out all of the story events coming
New teasers look interesting, but I must confess that I'm just as happy to see someone say "fleshing out" as opposed to "flushing out". That and the one squeaky gate sound effect used in EVERYTHING are my two biggest pet peeves.

Eager to see Lin branching out and being more comfortable. She is very cute in that tiny crown.

He was arrested for masturbating on the job, but got off on a technicality.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
She obviously lost a great battle; you can see that she's been defeeted.
Runey will probably make who she fight a big surprise, just to keep us on our toes.
Do you think we'll get a recurring villian, like a heel?
Sir, there is no fighting allowed anywhere on hotel property. I'm going to have to ask you to leave or I will be forced to notify the authorities.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
New teasers look interesting, but I must confess that I'm just as happy to see someone say "fleshing out" as opposed to "flushing out". That and the one squeaky gate sound effect used in EVERYTHING are my two biggest pet peeves.

Eager to see Lin branching out and being more comfortable. She is very cute in that tiny crown.

He was arrested for masturbating on the job, but got off on a technicality.
That's not Lin.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hello runey are you bring new people to harem hotel then
New characters are showing up all the time, but main characters are a huge undertaking. I don't want to skip giving a main character any story, so this means I can't spread myself too thin. New main characters are likely to happen once some of the current cast's stories are done.

Side characters let me make fun concepts and not be stuck to giving them content every update. The new elf shown is a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander.

UnoriginalUserName

Sep 3, 2017
I may be wrong, but I have my doubts about that android being ours too since

...or you know, maybe it's just because she's powered down. Hard to believe someone took out our ninja android though, especially with her arsenal. :unsure:

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

polycentric

Mar 26, 2019
Just thought I'd share some news with what's happening with v0.8.

I'm 75% of the way through fleshing out all of the story events coming. Typically I would write down my idea for a new event and start developing it, but this time around I decided to mostly fully write out the update before I begin developing it. In v0.7, I was only able to make ideas for half of the events. The other half was made on the spot. (this was due to the ashley remake needing to come out first). That caused a lot of stress as writing story as I'm developing it in renpy/HS is a pain and pretty stressful.

Here are some preview images.

Are you writing the entire update out, as opposed to events, because of the growing complexity of the story? I don't know how you would maintain consistency if you didn't...

New characters are showing up all the time, but main characters are a huge undertaking. I don't want to skip giving a main character any story, so this means I can't spread myself too thin. New main characters are likely to happen once some of the current cast's stories are done.

Side characters let me make fun concepts and not be stuck to giving them content every update. The new elf shown is a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander.
I'm pleased that you're not neglecting the main characters, which are my primary concerns - especially Lin, Kali and Maria.

Also, thanks for your hard work and the progress report.

Chuck2000

Donor
Jun 21, 2017

I'm 75% of the way through fleshing out all of the story events coming. Typically I would write down my idea for a new event and start developing it, but this time around I decided to mostly fully write out the update before I begin developing it. In v0.7, I was only able to make ideas for half of the events. The other half was made on the spot. (this was due to the ashley remake needing to come out first). That caused a lot of stress as writing story as I'm developing it in renpy/HS is a pain and pretty stressful.

Looking good! :)

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

TheDevian

Mar 8, 2018

I can't wait to learn what is happening in these shots.

Here is hoping that first android was just one we picked up for spare parts, or something related to her human disguise. :LOL:

So much for my guess of Lin, in her Queen of the Low Elves costume! :LOL: Didn't really think that looked like her exactly, but it can be hard to tell sometimes in HS (and I never had good facial recognition software, lol). Maybe she just came to look down on Sylvia for getting caught. Or maybe part of that quest for Jin. She said their parents were dead, so it's not likely their mom... though I suppose she could have been mistaken, it was a long time ago. :unsure:

Reactions: imzahai

icesun

Nov 2, 2018
Firstly: please forgive me for not wanting to ctrl-rush through the whole game again to find the according pieces of dialogue - I just assume that I recall stuff correctly... ;)

Our Android is a Model1 and all Model1 look(ed) the same. So I doubt that this is actually our Android lying there but just another "spare part collection" gathered from a scrapyard to fix her ongoing "at some point in the future my bugs will make 'me' stop working" problem ('me' being that what makes her different and an individual). I guess that Kali will be taking this broken android's "data matrix" (or whatever Runey decides to call it) to compare it to our Android's and see if she can fix her with that acquired knowledge...

Or at least something in that direction... :)

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 108 Votes