Marpel69

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2023
Arrow is an American TV series based on a DC Comics character (Batman creators). This map is a very very close copy of one used on a notebook in the series. Thought maybe you were fans.
lol, no, that map was drawn mostly on random.
What a coincidence :)

Apr 27, 2023
Thank you for the reply!
I will try to comment most of the response in a single reply, so there will be relevant stuff not quoted.

Hey, thanks for sharing your opinion. I'll try to explain why we implemented some of our design choices.

We tried to keep all the main locations within one-two clicks from each other. For example, to reach each of girls' rooms from MC's room you just need two clicks. The same goes for the Bar. One click to reach Living room. Could you share what route seemed tedious to you and required too much clicks?
The issue for me seems to be that I don't KNOW where to look, except if there was a hint (as you described with new event button). This means that in order to feel that I have checked everything and to actually "stumble upon things", as you wrote, I have to actually *check* everywhere, which means lots of extra clicks leading to 90% of time nothing. This is especially true, if you do want me to stumble on something by accident (not via hint) -- that means I will have to repeatedly click on things just to see, if there is anything new.

There are games, which make it easier for player -- for example, small girls' icons atop room names indicate which girl is currently in which room, and a ! next to it means there is new content with her.

The location-based hint system trades usability for some semi-resemblance to realism, which is superfluous to a player, at least in my opinion. You do you, of course, but it is much more comfortable for a player to check all hints (and in a sandbox, there will be lots of individual paths after all!) in a single place, rather than clicking on every girl's door to get a single hint about a single girl.

As it is, you wake up in morning, you have to go out of the bedroom (1 click), correct corridor (2nd click) and click on the hint (3d click), all just to see a hint about one of them. Worse than that, you don't KNOW if there will be a hint unless you actually enter the corridor and click on the room. So you spend 2 clicks on every girl just to learn if there was anything to learn in the first place.

If you ask me for games, which have done it (imo) right, have a look at Cure My Addiction for something resembling ideal (with the event ribbons and stars), or The Regional Manager (much simpler example, but doing essential things right). There is a single screen with progress indication for all paths in the sandbox.

As it is nobody minds clicking for fun stuff to happen. But it can feel very tedious to just click to move around and check things with no reward.

I do admit that I was influenced by the fact that I wasn't as immersed in story as you might wish, and wanted to check out how much and what kind H content is there. Dunno why. There is not a wall of text, so it is kinda OK, the level of realism is somewhat acceptable. The MC dick is, of course, completely ridiculous, but that's a given for so many games that it shouldn't influence the feeling. Perhaps it was due to fact that I was trying to unlock Yuki to maximum and wanted my pace to be accordingly fast. Will look at future versions to check more.

Thanks! We are working on removing "potentially" from this sentence :)
From what's in game, it looks like you will do it. The first release has a good emount of content, it's really done quite well.

Will cross my fingers and hope you succeed in continuing, especially if you manage to keep at least 2 paths open (good/evil) for people to follow (I mean, you can go to girls' rooms while they are sleeping, so one would expect you could do more than look at them later on :p). I will certainly look forward to whether this goes at least reasonably significantly into actual moral choices and different outcomes (slave tag is not there just for Yuki, right? :p).

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About the second thing... Yeah, maybe we need to make the MC's choice of mind controlling her through lewd actions more non-alternative. We'll think about it
Does the MC know this though? For all he knows Yuki is just looking forward to getting molested every day and is playing along. Once he learns about her fetish he really needed to start looking for a second and third data point.

Marpel69

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2023
Marpel69
Reactions to 0.11:
Wow! That's a really long and comprehensive review, thank you so much! It was really pleasant to read!
It's very interesting to see those "realtime" reactions on all the stuff we made. And it feels so nice to see things we worked so hard on getting appreciated. I'm glad someone noticed the thing with the dangling shoe on Chloe's feet. Such a small detail, but I'm a firm believer that small stuff like this makes scenes much hotter.

Regarding the suggestions, yeah, I think we will add all this stuff to the heart menu. We don't want to put hints there, but adding girls' locations seems like a nice idea.

Regarding the bugs: Yeah, we will fix those two things.

God... How did we miss so many typos? We will fix it.

Thank you again for your review! It was a very nice read and your suggestions seem like a nice addition to the game's UI.

Kaseki

Sep 28, 2018
Might do a deeper dive when I'm done playing, but wanted to get nitpicks out of the way since I'm assuming these will get better as time goes on through the story. Only finished the prologue so far.

So, character design and story, this seems interesting so far. My only complaints is how stiff some of the dialogue seems, along with some grammatical errors. Can't really describe why the dialogue seems stiff? Maybe a bit rushed? Probably just wanted to get straight to the free-roaming section to prevent the player from getting bored?

Not 100% sure, but it's a shame since there does seem to be potential. Again, not really sure how else to describe it. Probably when Eva and Mia are interacting with the MC it's the most unnatural feeling? Again, the fact that I can't pinpoint it speaks volumes of my abilities as a writer, so take this with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY, that's just me nitpicking, as I said. Game seems interesting so far, especially the concept. Only other minor thing that I can think of is when MC says that Mia's hair smells like some exotic flower, it might be better to name the flower? Though it might be more like MC to not know what flower it smells like.

I don't know, I don't write stories for a reason. Back to playing I go!

Edit: Can definitely say, dialogue after the prologue is a lot less stiff!

Edit 2: Okay, actual bug this time. Weird green spot on Mia in the attached image when she's first giving you a handjob.

Last edited:

Marpel69

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2023
Might do a deeper dive when I'm done playing, but wanted to get nitpicks out of the way since I'm assuming these will get better as time goes on through the story. Only finished the prologue so far.

So, character design and story, this seems interesting so far. My only complaints is how stiff some of the dialogue seems, along with some grammatical errors. Can't really describe why the dialogue seems stiff? Maybe a bit rushed? Probably just wanted to get straight to the free-roaming section to prevent the player from getting bored?

Not 100% sure, but it's a shame since there does seem to be potential. Again, not really sure how else to describe it. Probably when Eva and Mia are interacting with the MC it's the most unnatural feeling? Again, the fact that I can't pinpoint it speaks volumes of my abilities as a writer, so take this with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY, that's just me nitpicking, as I said. Game seems interesting so far, especially the concept. Only other minor thing that I can think of is when MC says that Mia's hair smells like some exotic flower, it might be better to name the flower? Though it might be more like MC to not know what flower it smells like.

I don't know, I don't write stories for a reason. Back to playing I go!

Edit: Can definitely say, dialogue after the prologue is a lot less stiff!

Edit 2: Okay, actual bug this time. Weird green spot on Mia in the attached image when she's first giving you a handjob.
Thanks for the review!

Maybe the reason, why dialog from the beginning seemed "stiff" to you, is that the prologue was written a while ago, when we had almost no experience. I have a feeling that the further the game goes the better events we create. That's why we're making the prologue better scene by scene now. (in this update we remade frames from 3 scenes)

About the flower: MC just doesn't know what flower it is exactly.

The green spot on Mia's hand is her bracelet. Though looks like it's not present on all the frames, which will be fixed.

Marpel69

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2023
Okay, how in the world do I make money?
Hello! Right now to make money, you just need to wait, you get them each Monday.

At this point we're kind of experimenting with the system. We're thinking of, maybe, implementing some radiant action that will allow to gain some money, making more income days, etc. But for now to get money you just need to wait.

Reactions: 69bluetooth69

Marpel69

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2023
New version is finally released to our $10+ patrons!

Here's the link:

So that means:

15th of January - Release for $5+ patrons

22nd of January - Public release

Last edited:

Noxen

Sep 25, 2022
Haremence [v0.12] [Arpel] - Compressed

Original Size: ~4GB
Compressed Size: ~1.3GB

Win:
| |

Lin:
| |

Mac:
| |

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes