4.40 star(s) 18 Votes
Sep 1, 2019
Like the concept, but damn the art changing styles like 3 different times is jarring. I liked the first style the most but it seems like dev is going with the more anime style.

andrewong1980

Dec 8, 2018
Can anyone share a version of this game before the art change? Version 0.3 or 0.4 would be appeciated.
Not liking the current "new" art and inconsistent styles. It's like someone took a bunch of random Rule34 images of the same character and tried to make a short narrative out of them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RadLord

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Not a huge fan of the art-style change, but the writing is really good. Good work.
Hey Rad.. Whats with the change in artstyle? Not that the new is bad, but the old one was better :/
Hey, so to make a long story short(ish): I hired on Hotsumi to do the art for the game. We agreed upon him doing the initial sprite and the 3 lewd scenes in the cafe. He got me the sprite and then after 2 months told me he was going to stop taking commissions and focus on his own project, but he would do the art he promised for me. He then only did 2 of the 3 remaining pieces, and in that time I decided to get a new artist and push forward, going back to redo stuff when I could.

I then got another artist who wished to be anonymous to do the sprites in act 2 (the restaurant). They were able to do something closer to Kokman's style, but with the cleaner feel of Hotsumi. I was hoping they'd be able to stay on, but they had other commitments.

And, actually, I hired another artist to do the sprites, but it isn't going to work out so I'm paying them and not using that art.

So while I know Hotsumi's art is awesome (it's why I reached out to him from the get-go). Kokman is a fantastic artist who is fully committed to the project and does amazing work. We are hoping to get the game to the point where the art is consistent and the best it can be. This newest update I am doing is probably the last one with Hotsumi's art.

I'm sorry to those who want that art to stay, but as the game evolves, it simply can't be there.

RadLord

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Hey everyone!
v0.6 is up on my Patreon!

Hazelnut Latte Patron Release for 06 01.jpg

Changelog:
  • Kokman remade the scene in Act 1 where Hazel gives the player a blowjob. This is 9 new illustrations
  • Two animated lewd scenes with Jeze the waiter which adds an additional 20 illustrations!
  • Added in interactable choices throughout the game. Clicking on the environment and the characters to progress. The goal was to add more user input and help you feel more immersed.
  • 500+ lines of code!

Plushie

Jul 18, 2018
Hey, so to make a long story short(ish): I hired on Hotsumi to do the art for the game. We agreed upon him doing the initial sprite and the 3 lewd scenes in the cafe. He got me the sprite and then after 2 months told me he was going to stop taking commissions and focus on his own project, but he would do the art he promised for me. He then only did 2 of the 3 remaining pieces, and in that time I decided to get a new artist and push forward, going back to redo stuff when I could.

I then got another artist who wished to be anonymous to do the sprites in act 2 (the restaurant). They were able to do something closer to Kokman's style, but with the cleaner feel of Hotsumi. I was hoping they'd be able to stay on, but they had other commitments.

And, actually, I hired another artist to do the sprites, but it isn't going to work out so I'm paying them and not using that art.

So while I know Hotsumi's art is awesome (it's why I reached out to him from the get-go). Kokman is a fantastic artist who is fully committed to the project and does amazing work. We are hoping to get the game to the point where the art is consistent and the best it can be. This newest update I am doing is probably the last one with Hotsumi's art.

I'm sorry to those who want that art to stay, but as the game evolves, it simply can't be there.
Ooef... I am sorry to hear that man. What a storm to sail :(
But not your fault at all. You did the best you could with the cards you've been dealt. And tbh, as long as the feel of the game remains the same, the art can always be handled afterwards. I am just happy to enjoy your work my d00d <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: RadLord

RadLord

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Ooef... I am sorry to hear that man. What a storm to sail :(
But not your fault at all. You did the best you could with the cards you've been dealt. And tbh, as long as the feel of the game remains the same, the art can always be handled afterwards. I am just happy to enjoy your work my d00d <3
I appreciate that <3 I am hoping to keep the tone the same and continue making it the best I can

• Red Heart
Reactions: Plushie

RadLord

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
since the topic was brought up, how is the polyamory angle going to work? willt it be more like a harem where the player gets with multiple people or an open relationship where we need to share as well?
My plan is for it to be either an open relationship or you can focus on one boy!

I may toy with idea with a femboy harem later, but right now, that's my plan.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

NotAnotherShadow

Apr 19, 2018
My plan is for it to be either an open relationship or you can focus on one boy!

I may toy with idea with a femboy harem later, but right now, that's my plan.
so just to be clear, if we want more than 1 we need to share as well? Would it be with the other boys or will there be other characters? And lastly if we need to share, will there be scenes or just text?

Plushie

Jul 18, 2018
I appreciate that <3 I am hoping to keep the tone the same and continue making it the best I can
Let me know if you want some help. I know of a technique that might help you with that.
Also, shouldnt you have "developer" tag on your profile or something?

upsnosegothe

Aug 5, 2020
yeah, fickle artists are an issue. Hope you get it sorted earlier then later. Some projects had nice art and after years and years working on it the artist and dev split.

I don't know how it is called but you need something like guidlines/templates for the art so that you are not dependant on one artist, but can have multiple people drawing in the same style. I met a guy that spent a year paying for multiple artists full time just to design everything, they are still working on it.

I have not done art in years, but when I was in to it I could copy drawing styles, a friend of mine was even better at it. Should it not be reasonable for the professional artist to copy the style?

Good luck!

RadLord

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2023
Let me know if you want some help. I know of a technique that might help you with that.
Also, shouldnt you have "developer" tag on your profile or something?
You mean this thing? (Thank you, by the way, I didn't realize I could do that xD)

I thought I recognized that femboy ass
I kept seeing it everywhere and knew I needed it...

so just to be clear, if we want more than 1 we need to share as well? Would it be with the other boys or will there be other characters? And lastly if we need to share, will there be scenes or just text?
Most likely other boys.

yeah, fickle artists are an issue. Hope you get it sorted earlier then later. Some projects had nice art and after years and years working on it the artist and dev split.

I don't know how it is called but you need something like guidlines/templates for the art so that you are not dependant on one artist, but can have multiple people drawing in the same style. I met a guy that spent a year paying for multiple artists full time just to design everything, they are still working on it.

I have not done art in years, but when I was in to it I could copy drawing styles, a friend of mine was even better at it. Should it not be reasonable for the professional artist to copy the style?

Good luck!
I believe it's called a style guide? But I am definitely going to do that with a game idea I have in the future.
The far future...

Pokedoxx

Jun 5, 2020
I love the game, it's fantastic and recently I've pledged as a patreon. I love the previous artstyle, I understand the harsh conditions and I hope you manage to pull through with this new artist. However I would like to see Version 4 to become available again, that would really make my day. Asides that, I do have to say the game is definitely a 9/10 or maybe even a 10/10, it was great to play and it caught my interest rather quickly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RadLord

Dix Dark

Sep 28, 2019
Ok, so, do we have something like that cafe somewhere in California, with a single barista like the one in the game?
I really like coffee...

Reactions: Showdowner
4.40 star(s) 18 Votes