lucbr44

Apr 16, 2022
I'm in the Fetch Quest
and I have to talk to Aveline
but when I enter his shop I can only buy but not talk.
Have I forgotten something?

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
What a beautiful, elegant, and most undoubtedly admirable name Aveline is. Of French origin perhaps? Ava might be the short form of it.

I notice that you like to use a lot of flowery names for some of the towns and locations in the game. Florist IRL perhaps? JK ;)

Moreover, some of the languages (Elvish, Goblin speak, etc) are seemingly based on real-world languages (e.g., French/German, etc). On that note, Shakti seems to have some connotations with Sanskrit, not sure if that was the intent, but interesting to observe nonetheless whilst playing through your game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I notice that you like to use a lot of flowery names for some of the towns and locations in game. Florist IRL perhaps? JK ;)
Someone finally noticed. Orchid, Marigold, Iris, Lavender. All flowers. All towns in the "Flos" region, flos being flower in latin.
Moreover, some of the languages (Elvish, Goblin speak, etc) are seemingly based on real-world languages (e.g., French/German, etc). On that note, Shakti seems to have some connotations with Sanskrit, not sure if that was the intent, but interesting to observe nonetheless whilst playing through your game.
Elvish is French, and Goblin is german. Sakti is Latin, so you were pretty close with Sanskrit. Of course, I'm using several translators so the wording is probably a bit weird for native speakers.
What a beautiful, elegant, and most undoubtedly admirable name Aveline is. Of French origin perhaps? Ava might be the short form of it.
Aveline's name was chosen specifically as a little nod to her "origins" for those who're paying attention. It's never brought up in game, but she's half demon, half elven.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Someone finally noticed. Orchid, Marigold, Iris, Lavender. All flowers. All towns in the "Flos" region, flos being flower in latin.

Elvish is French, and Goblin is german. Sakti is Latin, so you were pretty close with Sanskrit. Of course, I'm using several translators so the wording is probably a bit weird for native speakers.

Aveline's name was chosen specifically as a little nod to her "origins" for those who're paying attention. It's never brought up in game, but she's half demon, half elven.
Quite interesting...love all this info. You can say that I'm a connoisseur for these kinds of things. A research connoisseur if you will :sneaky:

Basically, a fancy schmancy way of saying that I like looking into things from time to time more closely. See the real shine behind the polish, and not just the smoke and mirrors so to speak ;)

Garuda - mythological bird and one of the many Hindu deities. Loved that reference as well.

Edit: Also, the German-inspired Dirndl outfit for the Goblin MILF was really pretty to see. Hope to see more of her in subsequent updates. I have a love for all cultures, German being one of them of course ;D

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
All towns in the "Flos" region, flos being flower in latin.
If I may ask, why Latin as the predominant language being the main inspiration for the regional name? Other languages (e.g., French for flower being Fleur) may have also fit the naming convention just right. Of course, you have your reasons as the dev. But just curious if anything :sneaky:

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
If I may ask, why Latin as the predominant language being the main inspiration for the regional name? Other languages (e.g., French for flower being Fleur) may have also fit the naming convention just right. Of course, you have your reasons as the dev. But just curious if anything :sneaky:
The implication is as Sakti is Latin, it can be implied that the Flos region is the old Sakti empire. This also explains the reason for all of the Sakti ruins around. Yes, I actually had all of this thought out.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
The implication is as Sakti is Latin, it can be implied that the Flos region is the old Sakti empire. This also explains the reason for all of the Sakti ruins around. Yes, I actually had all of this thought out.
Quite intriguing, yes very much so. Understanding the historical context of the Flos region surrounding the naming convention of why you chose Latin as the main linguistic preference is quite interesting to note.

Admittedly, when I first read the term Sakti, I had initially misread it as "Shakti" which means Power or a form of energy/force in Hindu culture.

Perhaps there might be an argument made between flowers and force? Symbolism-wise, a flower can serve as a reference for resilience or a promise made to be a more secure and well-meaning individual. A force for good or something that can be easily corrupted into a haphazard mess of angst and depravity. A fall from grace so to speak.

Interesting nonetheless, interesting....

Last edited:

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Perhaps there might be an argument made between flowers and force? Symbolism-wise, a flower can serve as a reference for resilience or a promise made to be a more secure and well-meaning individual. A force for good or something that can be easily corrupted into a haphazard mess of angst and depravity. A fall from grace so to speak.
Speaking of symbolism, and since you seem interested, I also chose the name Lily on purpose. The flower is associated with purity and rebirth. The purity part is Lily herself, but the rebirth part is what she's supposed to symbolize to Alicia. A "rebirth" from the person who despises herself, to someone who can love who she is.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I also chose the name Lily on purpose. The flower is associated with purity and rebirth. The purity part is Lily herself, but the rebirth part is what she's supposed to symbolize to Alicia. A "rebirth" from the person who despises herself, to someone who can love who she is.
Such a symbolic and well-illustrative example......

Reminds me so much of the 'Phoenix' mythos.....

1705460261866.png

And a certain magical wizard's escapades too of course..... :sneaky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
flower is associated with purity and rebirth
Albeit, with that said, it has got me thinking and pondering (this little old conundrum of mine playing out in my head if you will).

I.e., if you don't mind me asking of course, but if the flower is associated with purity and rebirth as you point out, what would the cow represent I wonder? :unsure:

Pray tell.... :sneaky:

1705463299961.png

• Haha

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Albeit, with that said, it has got me thinking and pondering (this little old conundrum of mine playing out in my head if you will).

I.e., if you don't mind me asking of course, but if the flower is associated with purity and rebirth as you point out, what would the cow represent I wonder? :unsure:

Pray tell.... :sneaky:

View attachment 3270290
I can not tell you what the cow represents. That's not for mortals like us to know. The cow represents that I am absolutely insane.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes