sab0tage

Jun 6, 2017
That sounds like the game is trying to load old files from before 0.05. Someone else had this problem. Make sure you're not overwriting any old installs, and you're doing a fresh install. If you have a save from 0.05 or later, you can just copy it over to the new install.
Thanks for replying. I've not overwritten any old installs, I just extracted the zip into an empty folder and copied over the saves from 0.06 :confused:

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Thanks for replying. I've not overwritten any old installs, I just extracted the zip into an empty folder and copied over the saves from 0.06 :confused:
That's odd. How old are those saves? 0.04 or earlier? If so, that's the issue. The game got a big overhaul with 0.05 so saves made before that don't work anymore.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
game froze here for some reason. Unsure if game specific or just rpgmaker moment. I can still access menus based on the sounds playing but the visuals will not change from this
1700951804207.png

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
game froze here for some reason. Unsure if game specific or just rpgmaker moment. I can still access menus based on the sounds playing but the visuals will not change from this
View attachment 3118316
Probably RPGMaker being weird. I've never had the game just freeze. Two things you could try.
1: Save (in a different slot) and reload. Maybe even closing the game.
2: Press P and use the can't move option to turn on no-clip.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Did you download the hotfix? Most of those were already fixed. Thank you, though.
I had not, but I installed it after your post. Here are a few things I found even with the hotfix:
1) Typo1.png
"your" should be "you're"

2) Typo2.png
"women" should be "woman"

3) Typo3.png
"fo" > "of"

4) Typo4.png
No typo here... because there is no text when trying to talk to that guy

5) No screenshot because I forgot to make one, but it is after beating the plant boss in the married couple's new quest. The last line in the conversation after beating the boss is something like "Let's go tell them jobs done." "jobs" should be "job's".

6) Typo6.png
Not a typo, just annoying. Why can't I take a step down here? Should be possible. Probably incorrectly set up passaility for that tile

7) Typo7.png
"it job" should be "it's job", or even "it's a job"

8) Typo8.png
First "want" should be "what"

And that's all. New chapter done, looking forward to the next one.

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I had not, but I installed it after your post. Here are a few things I found even with the hotfix:
1) View attachment 3118423
"your" should be "you're"

2) View attachment 3118424
"women" should be "woman"

3) View attachment 3118425
"fo" > "of"

4) View attachment 3118426
No typo here... because there is no text when trying to talk to that guy

5) No screenshot because I forgot to make one, but it is after beating the plant boss in the married couple's new quest. The last line in the conversation after beating the boss is something like "Let's go tell them jobs done." "jobs" should be "job's".

6) View attachment 3118427
Not a typo, just annoying. Why can't I take a step down here? Should be possible. Probably incorrectly set up passaility for that tile

7) View attachment 3118428
"it job" should be "it's job", or even "it's a job"

8) View attachment 3118429
First "want" should be "what"

And that's all. New chapter done, looking forward to the next one.
It wasn't me, I swear!
Ruddy+godly+testimonial_70ea40_11047641.jpg
(All fixed, thank you!)

sab0tage

Jun 6, 2017
That's odd. How old are those saves? 0.04 or earlier? If so, that's the issue. The game got a big overhaul with 0.05 so saves made before that don't work anymore.
I think I started playing the 0.05 version but I'm not 100% certain, they were fine with 0.06 though. Is there any way of checking?

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I think I started playing the 0.05 version but I'm not 100% certain, they were fine with 0.06 though. Is there any way of checking?
You can't, but I can. Can you drop your save so I can check it?

You could also try the save I posted here, to see if the errors persist.

sab0tage

Jun 6, 2017
You can't, but I can. Can you drop your save so I can check it?

You could also try the save I posted here, to see if the errors persist.
I've attached my save. Yours loads fine but it's some quests behind where I finished and if I can avoid having to repeat them that would be great.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I've attached my save. Yours loads fine but it's some quests behind where I finished and if I can avoid having to repeat them that would be great.
Yeah, that's absolutely an old save. I can't fix that, but here's a save much closer to where you probably were. Just don't look at the quest "Lesson" in the completed section of the quest journal as it'll crash the game. (My saves have a bug due to testing)

sab0tage

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, that's absolutely an old save. I can't fix that, but here's a save much closer to where you probably were. Just don't look at the quest "Lesson" in the completed section of the quest journal as it'll crash the game. (My saves have a bug due to testing)
I appreciate you taking a look and for making the most lovely wholesome game on F95.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
Probably RPGMaker being weird. I've never had the game just freeze. Two things you could try.
1: Save (in a different slot) and reload. Maybe even closing the game.
2: Press P and use the can't move option to turn on no-clip.
kinda hard to do those when the menus don't visually popup so I have to blind navigate them. It's fine my most recent save wasn't too far back anyway

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes