FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, but to a non-native English speaker, it might have been excruciatingly frustrating. I think dialing it back was the right choice.
Because having slightly slurred speech because of demon teeth wasn't a good enough explanation to leave it alone apparently. I honestly found it cute...

Reactions: Necrosphere

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Because having slightly slurred speech because of demon teeth wasn't a good enough explanation to leave it alone apparently. I honestly found it cute...
I don't think that it was the justification which made it hard for non-native English speakers. It would have been the slurred speech which, while cute and not a problem for me, might well have been a problem for non-native English speakers who found it difficult to figure out what the slurred speech was replacing. I find standard German hard enough to read; slurred German would likely throw me off completely, since I'd find it hard to figure out what had been replaced and what the replaced words really were.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I don't think that it was the justification which made it hard for non-native English speakers. It would have been the slurred speech which, while cute and not a problem for me, might well have been a problem for non-native English speakers who found it difficult to figure out what the slurred speech was replacing. I find standard German hard enough to read; slurred German would likely throw me off completely, since I'd find it hard to figure out what had been replaced and what the replaced words really were.
Davie should make a Panki speech option in the menu that let's the player choose the speech type. If he has the option to do it for narration perspective, should be able to alter her speech with an option.

Mawang

Jul 14, 2019
Davie should make a Panki speech option in the menu that let's the player choose the speech type. If he has the option to do it for narration perspective, should be able to alter her speech with an option.
That would be a perfect solution in a world with infinite time and resources, which Davie doesn't have.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
That would be a perfect solution in a world with infinite time and resources, which Davie doesn't have.
It would not be hard at all (let alone requiring infinite time), but still probably not the best use of DZ's time. Maybe as a bonus (even as a mod from someone else) when the game is done and all it would need is the use of a search and replace function.

Reactions: Axel34

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Davie isn't above outsourcing to his Discord to do things for him. He's already called on them for bug reporting and asked if any would be interested in helping to write the guide.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
non english shpeakersh don't do well, either way...

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes