ciderapple

May 29, 2017
The problem arises when the character acts reluctant even though the most lewd options are chosen constantly and often, it makes no sense. She has to make up her minds at some point.
I made up my mind to try to get myself into the most trouble possible while still being reluctant.
Ever heard of masochism? Some people Enjoy the pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: yumyymm and swax

zenetx

Apr 30, 2019
I made up my mind to try to get myself into the most trouble possible while still being reluctant.
Ever heard of masochism? Some people Enjoy the pain.
A reluctante/masochist submissive only makes sense from the perspective of how she interacts with others characters, but not in a narrative sense, like her inter monologues and such, those should be clear. And even if you claim "she's lying to herself", this artifice can only work for a while before getting really annoying.

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
A reluctante/masochist submissive only makes sense from the perspective of how she interacts with others characters, but not in a narrative sense, like her inter monologues and such, those should be clear. And even if you claim "she's lying to herself", this artifice can only work for a while before getting really annoying.
One man's irk is another man's kink, i guess... One of the hottest adult games i've played (and many others, judging by its ratings) is Chloe18, in which the MC goes through 3 whole games internally battling with being perceived as a slut while exuberantly engaging in the sluttiest acts at every corner. The whole idea behind that is that she's clinging to her innocence and modesty and that's what makes it so goddam hot - to see such image of purity surrendering herself so completely to utter lust. The fact that she just gets up and immediately starts rationalizing herself out of her depravity as a victim of circumstances might often be comical, but never annoying if you ask me, specially considering how rewarding that whole mechanic is.

Same thing with the sissy theme really, nobody in their right mind wants to be known as one, it makes every sense for the surrender to be reluctant, while still secretly desirable.

Last edited:

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
It's kind of like being an alcoholic. You hate drinking, you know it hurts you, but you still keep doing it. (only it's sex and near-rape scenarios instead of alcohol)

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
It's kind of like being an alcoholic. You hate drinking, you know it hurts you, but you still keep doing it. (only it's sex and near-rape scenarios instead of alcohol)
Good analogy, well put. Both behaviours have often the same destructive drives, which means the self-loathing usually leads to the addiction, not necessarily the other way around. When that's the case, there's a huge problem. If it's simple hedonism and self-discovery, like in Chloe's case, i'd say the shame can be more destructive than the addiction - slut away!

I tried one of the Chloe18's but threw it away too much dick not enough pussy.
Don't want to derail this thread, but that's genuinely surprising! Female protagonist, no futa or gay content, and yards of carpet-munching in those games, how much pussy does it take to get you off, man?!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
lifemare

All carpet-munching 0 dicks is the best as I don't play female protagonist to go after dick I play them to go after pussy. Also if she's a lesbian then that would mean there is gay content but instead of being called gay she's called a lesbian instead.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
myuhinny Gotcha. Very narrowband gameplay there, but to each their own. Agree with the gay definition, it's just not the one in use on F95 tags, and it's a good compromise, since there's no word for male lesbianism :p

zenetx

Apr 30, 2019
Please don't get me wrong. I love well-written reluctant characters, I really do. What I meant was it takes a bit of work to make them credible. For example, lets assume Sparkle reluctantly accepted to wear the bit-gag the first time, and, in the future, is ordered to do it again. It's perfectly acceptable to express reluctance in a sense that she doesn't like it/feels embarrassed, or going even further and intentionally keep doing gagged noises hoping to be punished, but not in sense she gets genuinely shocked at the request, since she already did it before. The same principle applies to the sexual acts.

It takes a lot of work to create a good narrative, and in my opinion the author has done a amazing job so far, otherwise I wouldn't even bother to post.

Reactions: lifemare

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Agree on the amazing job. I almost missed out on this gem, the premise wasn't very appealing and i just decided to give it a go on a whim. So glad i did. Great humor, art, plot, characters... instant watch-list material.

I get what you mean and i'm all for a strong narrative. In a non-linear game i'm afraid you'll sometimes have to sacrifice a bit of continuity. As long as it's not immersion-breaking i can live with it and didn't really found myself being annoyed by it. Everyone's got a different threshold though... so good points for the dev to polish, if it's not too much of a coding minefield for a marginal gain. On a large story arch with many varying branches, piling up if statements for previous events to output a single different line or two of dialogue seems overkill for such a light-hearted adventure like this. Barring that, i'm with ya.

Reactions: Dingo139

christoprd

GFX Designer
Dec 10, 2017
Just a little update:

links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/661329_hs-03.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/661332_hs-04.gif

Reactions: flachelence

yumyymm

Jun 9, 2019
The loot-puppy/free-use storyline is amazing. I think the reluctance is key. I like how there is some degree of consent involved, but I'd like to see that pushed as far as possible so that we're effectively being forced into it through various means of manipulation (blackmail, exploiting our compassion, gaslighting etc.) from multiple characters. It's especially great that Lel is now starting to abuse us as well since we only got ourselves into this situation to help her. Hope to see that progress a lot further. I will try to refrain from playing any updates until there is a significant amount of new content added, though it won't be easy!

HableesDonne

Jan 15, 2018
I mean after such a long time you would expect somebody to subsscribe to his Patreon and start getting the posts.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
For me I'm waiting for more content with Lel - biter - Harmony - Twig - Rupaul. Not sure where Jane will fit in there once she's added but I'll probably be going after her as well. Harmony is one that I'm interested in the most since the player hasn't really done anything with her yet.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
The loot-puppy/free-use storyline is amazing. I think the reluctance is key. I like how there is some degree of consent involved, but I'd like to see that pushed as far as possible so that we're effectively being forced into it through various means of manipulation (blackmail, exploiting our compassion, gaslighting etc.) from multiple characters. It's especially great that Lel is now starting to abuse us as well since we only got ourselves into this situation to help her. Hope to see that progress a lot further. I will try to refrain from playing any updates until there is a significant amount of new content added, though it won't be easy!
Exact opposite of how I feel lol. That's my least favorite part of the game and I avoid it every time. Especially hate how characters can litteraly flip flop their entire attitude. Panki goes from caring loving person to literally pimping you out and calling you a slut. Great that there's a line for the masochistic people out there, but hope it doesn't pull too much focus, as I absolutely hate it.

zenetx

Apr 30, 2019
It's wholesome to see Lel changing from a shy, introvert and insecure girl, who doesn't even care about being expelled from the party, to a super confident one. The way how she learn (and how to enjoy) being dominant, constantly bossying around Sparkle, is the cherry on top of the cake.

Enviouss

Apr 7, 2018
The loot-puppy/free-use storyline is amazing. I think the reluctance is key. I like how there is some degree of consent involved, but I'd like to see that pushed as far as possible so that we're effectively being forced into it through various means of manipulation (blackmail, exploiting our compassion, gaslighting etc.) from multiple characters. It's especially great that Lel is now starting to abuse us as well since we only got ourselves into this situation to help her.
Cant agree more with you.

Exact opposite of how I feel lol. That's my least favorite part of the game and I avoid it every time. Especially hate how characters can litteraly flip flop their entire attitude. Panki goes from caring loving person to literally pimping you out and calling you a slut. Great that there's a line for the masochistic people out there, but hope it doesn't pull too much focus, as I absolutely hate it.
About Panki changing her attitude. What i like in Healslut is that the main characters are not 2 dimensional but instead are pretty interesting and complex. In Pankis case - she is caring / loving person that fights to rid the world of evil BUT she is also a half-demon - and is constantly trying to suppress these demon instincts she has. Still you can see her ''evil'' side a few times trough the game - and i think one of those times is during the free-use training.
During the training she clearly enjoys dominating Sparkle - with the reason that she is just helping/training her to better do her duty as free-use looter ( ofc for the good of the group ). On the other hand - if Sparkle is too uncomfortable Panki lets her decide one more time if she wants to be a free use. Heck she even stops the whole free use job compleatly if she see that Sparke is struggling and dont want to do her new duties.
So i think in this scene Panki's character is portrait pretty accurately.

yumyymm

Jun 9, 2019
And I have no interest in the Sparkle/Panki romance storyline, so I guess that's why it's good to have a multiple choice story. Of course the problem then is that no one's favorite plot thread gets the full attention of the creator. A good compromise leaves everyone unhappy.

0Jg6@^$WYe

Apr 8, 2018
EDIT: Previous response deleted (can be found in the quote below if you're interested) since I was a couple patches behind (the versioning on this game is really odd) and apparently there have been some big reveals and my ineptitude is ruining a couple people's day.

Regardless of whether the characters of the story believe they are in a game or (an alternate) real life: it's a different set of social norms there, and the free-use side plot fits. What's important from a storytelling standpoint is whether it's consistent with the universe (literally, in this case, it seems), and it is, given that:
  • Lel got treated like crap too
  • Both Lel and Sparkles really do behave like weirdos compared to their peers, especially to get to the free-use plotline
  • it's a hypersexualized place (Sparkles has an "aphrodisiac aura" for pete's sake) and one where exploitation is common
  • Free use specifically is part of the culture, given the "display" in the tavern where they deal with the last bandit.
  • Etc.
So whether it's your thing or not, the free-use stuff fits, and it's avoidable iirc, and I hope the dev doesn't change it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alley_Cat
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes