4.30 star(s) 238 Votes

XoXmmahmm

Sep 25, 2017
Who is forcing those people to pay? Pay for one month when the release gets delivered then unsubscribe and wait for the next release. Instead you all belittle the dev in comments which discourages and demotivates them.
They pay because they want to support dev
to make game out faster
if they know they pay for nothing they not gonna pay for it
Why do you talk like people who support is they fault?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
This is a situation with a slow burn that is pushed to the extreme. Since we have gone so long (the entire game) with no Amelie lewd content (not counting clothed groping), now the dev feels like he has to include something. I am sure the added scene(s) will be welcomed, but lewd scene take time to do and so here we are waiting for weeks/month in the dark. Had the slow burn not been so long, this episode would have been done because dev wouldn't have felt pressure to tack on a last minute scene to quiet the complaints.

I don't mind a slow burn, provided that it doesn't get ridiculous. There is a definite goldilocks zone to aim for, but this game took it a tad too far. A slow burn can work if the game has regular updates that don't take eons between them and has a clear progression.

The HP update interval not too bad, but I think the issue here has more to do with the fact that the AVN landlady sex progression chart has barely even warmed up. IMO, there should have at least been a handjob if not a blowie by now on a 2+ year game at 6 episodes. If that were the case, we wouldn't be waiting rn.

Oct 24, 2022
They pay because they want to support dev
to make game out faster
if they know they pay for nothing they not gonna pay for it
Why do you talk like people who support is they fault?
Subscribers can unsubscribe at anytime. Why do you assume they know "nothing"? They can see the patreon posts.
It's THEIR money, and THEY made the decision to support. They can still unsubscribe once they don't want to anymore.

Why the fuck are you people acting as guardians of other peoples wallets? Just shut the fuck up, and be happy that you get free shit on here.

zoku

Aug 24, 2017
You speak like he's developing some sort of new tech that requires expensive resources to keep the project going.
I'm no Ren'Py dev but I don't think you need to spend over 1500 dollars a month to keep development for such game, maybe if you hire too many people to work on it and if you did, why would it take 4 months to write around 1000 lines of code and render ~300 images?

In this case it technically could, if the team saw it as a motivating factor to keep working and deliver their product.
No hate towards Xenorav but his main issue is the lack of communication. I understand he felt burned out and needed some time off to recover, but would it hurt to be upfront about it instead of going dark for a month, especially when he was already receiving complaints for the time he takes to update the game?
Again, take this as a shitty attempt at constructive criticism.
I wish Xenorav the best and hope he will finish the game, which is one of my favorites.
If you hire too many people you'll have to split the bills. 1500 is barely enough for one cause you need to buy graphic cards and PC for rendering and modeling tools tablets etc...
And making visual novels is pretty head ache.

You need to make the scenes with the dummies in another program sometimes requires 3d modeling and animations and then upload to renpy
and before that you need to render the graphics and animations and fix the issues with the animations because the dummies can act weird sometimes.
then check the physics to make it look realistic and all. If it's not right you will need to repeat or find solutions...

And I'm just making it short there are lot of things involved in the process, including the lines of code in renpy and debuging

Writing the story line and evolving the plot is another important point that requires time to write on paper and organize the storyline and incidents.

That's just the short version of the head ache to go through.

Videogames is an industry that requires lot of money and billions of dollars are spent every month to devlop games in the world and only few end up completed and many are abandoned.

visual novels is probably a work for one to 3 people but still it's very time consuming and can easily lead to burnouts.
especially when the story is not linear and has many routes...

and still 1500 dollars per month is not worth it for the head ache. but could be a good start.

I'm just bothered by the people who don't know anything about this and complain because they toss 1 dollar every month and call it contribution.

even though sometimes just a kind word and good encouragement is better for an artist than the bag of money sandwiched with ungrateful disbelief and rudeness...

Zero141214

May 28, 2021
If I'm not mistaken Xenorav is spanish. 1500 $ per month seems actually pretty reasonable for Spain. Nothing extraordinary but definitely good enough to quit your day job. (If there are spanish people in the thread feel free to correct me).
I am. 1500 isn't little, but it isn't that much either. It's barely more than a waiter's salary (1400), at least where I live. If he's working in a big city (Madrid, Barcelona, etc), he definitely shouldn't quit his main job.

un_dos

Nov 10, 2020
Finally? felt like forever. Hope it was worth the wait and keep the momentum the previous chapters had.

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
I play this on gamcore, anyone know when it starts getting uploaded? Only the patrons can play it for now maybe?

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019

-Chapter 7 Test version-

Approximately 700 renders, 11 animations and 6000 lines of code is what this chapter contains, enjoy!
The spanish translation will have to wait a little bit, I have the file and everything but I'm still looking for the way to introduce it to the game, tomorrow I'll probably upload it.
Thanks and sorry for making you wait. "I'll probably finish tomorrow so I won't make a weekly report" is what I was thinking since Monday last week and that's why I didn't post anything (I have a problem overestimating my capabilities lol).
It's not my intention to stretch the date for you to pay for the month, I have never done it and never will.
Thank you for continuing to support this project, I really apreciate it.
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!
-Xenorav

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Heart Problems [v0.7 Test Version] [Xenorav]

SIZE ~ 489 MB

PC/MAC: - - -

ANDROID: - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 238 Votes