VN - Ren'Py - Heart Problems [v0.8 Final] [Xenorav]

1. 3.00 star(s)

yeetermcgee123

Would give 3.5 stars, but rounding down to downward trend in quality of the last several episodes, particularly with basic editing (every episode seems to have more spelling mistakes than the last)

Simple story and plot is about as generic as it gets, but the models are good and the writing while typical for these isn't as unbearable as so many others. Decent amount of content for how long its been in development. Some of the animations are unbearably cheesy though (particularly the stephanie character)

Good enough, you could do far worse. Just dont expect much of a story.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Devin0924

It's simply a masterpiece so far. It's one of the most favorite games on this website. 5/5 without a doubt. Please finish this game strong. It deserves a good ending, even though it might take longer to finish.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Knullking

This game is perfect for me! I loved it. The story somewhat felt like a mix of sisterly lust and AWAM(for me, which i really liked). And the animation is really good. The younger sister path somewhat felt unnecessary to me, but game is soo f good
  4. 5.00 star(s)

radom323

an independent narrative adventure game that addresses emotional and personal themes. It offers a unique experience by exploring the life of a main character with heart problems and the animations are super great all in one, this game is one of my favorites and the truth is that it is a game that I recommend.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

While the animations improve as you move through the (as of this review, eight) chapters of Heart Problems, the story never does. The quality of the renders and animations are enough for a once through, but not only is there no real replay value (apart from the gallery available through mods) but you’ll likely find yourself skipping through the largely conflict free and repetitive story that overstays its welcome long before you reach the end of current development.

First, some high notes. There is a decent soundtrack that, while not memorable, is still nice to have. Later scenes have sound effects during sex scenes that were modestly used and another welcome addition. The renders are gorgeous from the get go. All of the love interests are knockouts and are beautifully rendered. The facial expressions may be limited, but that is more of a nitpick then a genuine criticism. The adult content improves dramatically in the later chapters, with early scenes involving renders only, then low-framerate animations, to eventually high FPS animations with multiple stages, such as when you finally have sex with one of the cousins.

The major downside is the story, or lack thereof. It begins with a drunken outing with one of the MC’s cousins that ends with you getting caught by your uncle while fooling around. He reluctantly (he’s not a monster, go figure!) sends you off to live in an apartment he keeps which happens to be near the cousin’s sexy best friend and sex-starved mother. At this point I thought, “Okay, we’re off to the races!” but then the oddest thing happens. After only a day or two at the apartment, you’re whisked back into the house and the story devolves into repeatedly trying to get into everyone’s pants.

Don’t get me wrong. Getting into everyone’s pants is, more often than not, the point of the game, but when it’s the only point of the game, it can get tedious very fast. I was hoping for a story, romantic or otherwise, to tie all the adult content together, but unfortunately the story boils down to endless subtle and not-so-subtle attempts to whittle down your families’ defenses and get them to have sex with you. Any avid fan of adult visual novels will note that the top games on the site invariably have the adult content come as a consequence of a separate story rather than being the sole focus. Whether it’s the trials and tribulations of college life, learning to run a brothel, or trying to uncover a conspiracy in a Matrix-style universe, the adult content is treated as secondary to the story. In Heart Problems, the only real story is “How many times will I have to fondle my aunt’s tits before she’ll let me go further?” or “How many times must I tell my cousin that it’s not a big deal for cousins to fool around before I can get to third base?”

On top of the absence of a compelling narrative, it takes a significantly long time to advance the adult content. This makes some sense with the aunt, who would be understandably skeptical about a relationship with her sister/brother’s kid, but I know from experience that cousins are far easier to convince. If they were brother and sister than it might make sense, but the elder cousin puts up far too much of a struggle, especially given that neither her nor the MC are virgins. The slow pace from kissing, to kissing and fondling, to playing with breasts, to touching your penis, to a hand job, to another hand job, to kissing with a hand job, etc. It just takes far too long to get where it’s inevitably going. As of chapter 8, you’ve only just managed to bed one cousin, along with two one-offs with characters in the early chapters who almost completely disappear for multiple chapters afterwards.

Quite frankly, it gets quite tedious reading, “oh, but we shouldn’t” for the 50th, 60th, 70th time while yet again getting the sinking feeling that you’re about to be cockblocked until the next chapter.

With a bit faster pace, a bit more adult content, and a separate story so as to add some dramatic elements connecting all the adult scenes together, this could easily be a top contender. The renders and animations are already a step above most of the other games on the site. That said, even with all the criticisms, including my having to reluctantly rely on the Ctrl and Tab keys in the later chapters to get through the repetitiveness, it was a pleasant experience overall and I’m looking forward to the next chapter.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

bigdaddymaks

Where's the story?
    The first 3-4 chapters try to somehow go into the plot, to tell us players something about how relationships are formed, but the last chapter disappeared somewhere. Now it's all about having sex faster, why?
    Why aren't there any choices that affect anything? Give it a tag then, Kinetic Novels.
    I'm not even going to write about the MC being a cuckold and trying to have sex the whole time but failing, even in real life it's easier to have sex than in this game, what a load of crap.
    Rated 5/10, only because of the beautiful picture and animation.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

strmzk

4 hours of mouseclicking and no f%ck$ing with the three main characters. Ridiculous. Also everytime something is about to happen the situation get's interrupted for some reason. This is just very frustrating. I understand a game needs a buildup but creators need to understand why we play these games. not to be not rewarded for hours on end for effort.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

chamillionaire

I wanna rate this 5/5 but there is a lot of reason why its not topping the AVN ranking despite of beautiful renders plus a dev that is responsible and respectable in the community.

My thoughts on this, I think the only sole reason that AVN folks play this is because of Amelie, remove her and this game would be subpar at best. Other LI's can't get on her level, the way this game written, you can definitely feel that this is for that only LI, in my opinion this game can have more spice if it added more characters especially female characters that can contest Amelie but the dev/author have different mind, but hey I'm open minded on this one, maybe we can see some twist, still this game is not finish yet so maybe in the future we can see some changes.

My another problem on this one is, I feel bad for the "father" side character, at this point he's being cucked by the MC of the story, we need to see some douchbag move from that side character so we can clearly say that the MC is the good one on this one, tho I don't know if the dev wants that type of plot but that would be so good because of good nature personality of Amelie and the two of them might be the best vanilla combo that we could ever see, hoping that is the end game between Amelie and the MC.

Writing wise, the dev still lacks on depth of story but I like how the dev tackle the story, hoping there is drama going on and the MC is the good one in the story. Render, art and proportion of the body is good, I won't say its realistic but its nice and amazing. The subtle intensity of romance is nice too. And Xenorav, I think it's safe to say that he created the best MILF of all AVN, well that's my only opinion, and in my eyes, no one can beat her, so props to Xenorav.

I won't recommend this to folks that like deep story base AVN because you'll find this mediocre, but if your curios enough, and just want to see some goodlooking babe, or just the game then go ahead, try it, you might found this the best.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Rizzler97

Heart problems is one of my top games on this site and a must play if your into incest. the best thing about this game is are the beautiful jaw dropping renders. the characters look so amazing and the sex scenes are well animated too. the story is a slow burn but its getting there and it pays off. the only complaint about this game is that it takes forever for updates. Best Character is Stephanie sorry Kylee
  10. 3.00 star(s)

boobmanlord

Game version: 0.8
    Time to complete: 4 nights, depends how fast you can read
    For people that enjoy: slow burn, romance, incest/taboo (set relationships)

Let's get one thing clear: you heard the aunt in this game is one of the best MILF around and they're right. In my opinion, she's the only reason worth playing this game. You won't find the side characters interesting. They have little use other than meet the smut quota. The cousins are hit or miss depending what you like. Let's meet the main girls...

Amelie, the aunt. She's well written and a joy in any scene she's part of. Prepare to fall in love.
    Kylee, the oldest cousin. You'll like her if you're into girls telling you no. Classic taboo arc but with lots of teasing.
    Stephanie, the youngest cousin. She's a total psycho. I don't know if I find her interesting or irritating.

You, the player, will have to make choices though rarely do they feel impactful. I still got sex scenes despite refusing some girls. I found little freedom while playing. Yes, this is a VN but why offer choices..? The MC is also not always likeable.

Sex scenes are nice and the renders are stellar. The sexual tension is superb, especially with Amelie. The writing can feel rigid at times. Mistakes such as "he" instead of "she" when talking about the girls happen enough to note. Chapter 4 is the worst offender. Luckily, later chapters receive more care.

Rating is more 3.5/5. Remove Amelie and this is a standard VN. My score may change once the game is complete. I highly recommend playing for how well it does sexual tension. An easy 5 stars would be a choices-matter, pick-any-girl story. I'd focus on Amelie and skip all the padding.

+good sex scenes paired with hot character models
    +sexual tension done right
    +Amelie is the greatest MILF

+/- side characters feel shoehorned in
    +/- the writing won't blow you away

-MC tries to fuck Kylee when she says no, absolutely hated those parts (happens twice)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

asta01

the story progression is insanely good with amelie, with that said, Stephanie is like a drug one should not take, but if it was me i'd probably overdose. Kylee is on third place now with how things are going but she's definitely still the one i have my bet on.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MoriyaFirefox

slow progress from each character story, which is very good. I enjoyed the story so much. no need to grind.
    visual and animation is really great as well.

Need story about Amelie more and more. thanks
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Lwarman

At first I was skeptical because I'm very much a MILF lover & I felt the aunt in the story, Amelie didn't really have the MILF look (meaning she looks too young mid 20s, for me 35+ is MILF) however I certainly love the pacing & slow corruption of her. So I've been able to overlook this flaw and enjoy the game. The character model is also on the curvier end which is a huge plus. I will say the last chapter or two seemed a bit hurried when it comes to level of intimacy considering she's your married aunt e.g. went from rubbing against her ass clothed sneakily to having your full on dick between her breasts not long after. It would be nice to have this section fleshed out a bit more, maybe some more romantic elements thrown in too. I love the idea to use music by LAKEY INSPIRED simple yet super chill & synergizes perfectly with game.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

bburner

This game is a slow burner (kind off, but you'll see) but with great pacing. The characters are amazing and so are the dialogues. While there are many other games with similar plot, I feel like the characters are special enough to give you a unique experience. There are a decent amount of content as of v0.8. Now the sex scenes are rather vanilla for now, but this may and hopefully will change in the future updates. (ps. shoutout to Stephanie's character, never seen another character like her in any other game).
  15. 3.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Torn. Good animations, art, characters. My gripe is with the writing - it's most excellent, it's just very slow going. This is due to a few reasons:
    • A bunch of what I would call unnecessary filler throughout (a lot of stuff people would naturally discuss but I'm not looking for natural human interaction here...)
    • Some side characters who don't always add to things (mostly the friend's milf, she seems to have just been thrown in so dev could claim certain sex tags early on in development)
    • Rehashing of similar events multiple times (after one blowjob/titjob/etc from character x, the 2nd and 3rd and 4th and etc blowjob from her without any other changes is just going to feel like you're blue balling me - I actually think this is a mechanic dev desires in the game, and so be it, I may not be the target audience, but this is what it causes if unaddressed)
    The sequence of events is great, the taboo is great, etc, it's just quite slow to get to what I would consider to be the good stuff. "Subscription-based customers" have made slow pacing financially desirable for developers on such models after all... But, to talk details: you don't fuck any of the main characters (the elder sister) until chapter 6, your first legitamate, consensual sex action with the aunt (a titjob) doesn't happen until chapter 7, and even by chapter 8 you still haven't had penetrative sex with her (I assume this will happen in chapter 9, if it doesn't then the dev is an extreme blue baller and a shill). Note: so far, chapter "x" refers to game version "v0.x". So, chapter 1 was v0.1 for example.

As mentioned, I am torn on the rating. I'd probably give it a 3.5 but don't know whether to go up or down on the final rounding. I think that since I had "skip dialog" enabled for more than half of the game, I am going down to 3. Maybe if slow paced games stop being financially preferable for developers, we'll see more 5 star games.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

usurpatore

this game is super hot.
    it has fantastic animation, scene of cuckolding, incest, beautiful nympho girls.
    it have everything that turn me on.
    the story is pretty basic, like most of the incest games.
    highly approved!
  17. 3.00 star(s)

kwazi

dont play unless ur into the mc being humiliated at every other sentence and treated like a lil b from every female in the game except the aunt who too blind too see her husband is screwing around 3/10 but best of luck to u and ur game xenorav
  18. 5.00 star(s)

popopepe3

This game is a masterpiece of the entertainment industry. From its captivating level design to its immersive narrative, every aspect has been meticulously crafted to deliver an experience that borders on perfection. The graphics are stunning, the controls are precise, and the music is simply sublime. The attention to detail and effort put into every aspect of the game is evident, resulting in a deeply rewarding gaming experience. This game not only meets expectations, it far exceeds them, offering endless hours of fun and excitement. A true achievement in the world of video games and the animations are wonderful.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

andyaj

Overall the game isn't bad. The renders are good. The storyline is typical of an incest game but I like it. The characters you can romance with fit most of the people's fetishes. The only complaint is that whoever wrote the dialog for English need to proofread or hire someone to do so. Some of the dialogs are worded strangely.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

mannice431

Probably one of the best corruption games on this site, it cannot be stated just how well this game builds up the corruption aspect with the girls and especially Amelie (your aunt).

This game doesn't have much of a story but it doesn't really need one either, it knows what it is and it's very effective at making sure you're uh, "titillated".

The one big negative is the lack of more songs and sounds for the sex scenes themselves, it doesn't really bother me but it might turn some people off.

If you're the type of guy that likes those slow burn type corruption games where the women aren't turned into completely unrealistic nymphos, this is the game for you.

Highly recommend 5/5.