NormalVRChatEnjoyer

Dec 30, 2023
I know I'm being very retarded but how do you close the main menu with Index? 'B' apparently opens it but I can't close it.
Just tried 6.3.0 with index and everything seems to work normally. "B" should open and close the main menu "A" should open and close the mini menu for toggles, thumbsticks should let you turn, walk, and teleport move.

Try a clean install of the game make sure you have the right version DLL file, resetting the controller mapping in the steam UI, and disconnecting any other controllers from your pc.

Reactions: Chrystales

Chrystales

Feb 14, 2019
Just tried 6.3.0 with index and everything seems to work normally. "B" should open and close the main menu "A" should open and close the mini menu for toggles, thumbsticks should let you turn, walk, and teleport move.

Thanks. Not the solution but it did confirm to me that it was an actual bug and not because I couldn't figure out the controls. It pushed me to search in the right direction. I tried using the separate experimental crack dlls but they crashed the game on launch, but I eventually found this as the working solution:

Try to replace the code in HeatSDK.Core.dll
Code:
public static bool AllowMenuToggleOff = false;
to
Code:
public static bool AllowMenuToggleOff = true;
works for me
It seems absurd that it's off by default in the first place. Either someone somewhere somehow messed up or it's an ultra-subtle anti-piracy measure made by the devs because you can still explore the menus and see the features, but it's just that you struggle to actually properly enjoy the game lol.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023
Thanks. Not the solution but it did confirm to me that it was an actual bug and not because I couldn't figure out the controls. It pushed me to search in the right direction. I tried using the separate experimental crack dlls but they crashed the game on launch, but I eventually found this as the working solution:

It seems absurd that it's off by default in the first place. Either someone somewhere somehow messed up or it's an ultra-subtle anti-piracy measure made by the devs because you can still explore the menus and see the features, but it's just that you struggle to actually properly enjoy the game lol.
Yeah, ever since the addition of Subscribestar as a subscription option, the method of cracking the dll has changed a little if you are using dnSpy (I do not know about other methods):

Now both the 'Authenticated' & the 'AllowMenuToggleOff' variables must be changed to true for the crack to be usable.

On top of that there is some new error with something something "tuple" that wont let you compile the crack, so you have to go in & delete all the code it's complaining about (it's like 3 little blocks of code, just make sure you only delete the blocks & that you delete the full block to prevent any errors) removing the code has no effect on the game so far as I know.

Otherwise the process is the same, just a couple extra steps

P.S. I believe the AllowMenuToggleOff is for the tutorial that the game is supposed to put you through, but because we are bypassing the authentication, we never hit the flag that turns the toggle on.

ElmoCamper

May 22, 2023
Of course they are not, but they absolutely are related to the devs/game, if you ask me
Not really - sry.

I didn't understand the short "edef" - sry.

I would give them the advice to release the game on steam for protection and give a stable and updated version to all players. That would be fair for everyone and they could work with dlc's for new characters, locations and functions for a fair price.

This would my idea for them, but with this, they'll get less money - so they wouldn't do this.

Because, when i take a look at the game, it looks finish for me with the versions now - so they could release it (that is my oppinion about this).

Sorry, when i see both sides and not only one - please don't spank me about this.

SirBobbeth

Mar 1, 2021
Not really - sry.

I would give them the advice to release the game on steam for protection and give a stable and updated version to all players. That would be fair for everyone and they could work with dlc's for new characters, locations and functions for a fair price.

This would my idea for them, but with this, they'll get less money - so they wouldn't do this.

Because, when i take a look at the game, it looks finish for me with the versions now - so they could release it (that is my oppinion about this).

Sorry, when i see both sides and not only one - please don't spank me about this.

steam doesnt deliver as much protection as people think, there are purpose built tools to easily make a crack for any game (that uses steam profile authentication as its DRM) by simulating a fake steam client.

WhiteWolfy14

May 9, 2023

I'm not sure what program to edit it with! I have the same issue on my Rift.

DashUOfficial

Mar 14, 2022
Yeah, ever since the addition of Subscribestar as a subscription option, the method of cracking the dll has changed a little if you are using dnSpy (I do not know about other methods):

Now both the 'Authenticated' & the 'AllowMenuToggleOff' variables must be changed to true for the crack to be usable.

On top of that there is some new error with something something "tuple" that wont let you compile the crack, so you have to go in & delete all the code it's complaining about (it's like 3 little blocks of code, just make sure you only delete the blocks & that you delete the full block to prevent any errors) removing the code has no effect on the game so far as I know.

Otherwise the process is the same, just a couple extra steps

P.S. I believe the AllowMenuToggleOff is for the tutorial that the game is supposed to put you through, but because we are bypassing the authentication, we never hit the flag that turns the toggle on.

you can kinda tell by the way the account is designed it sounds and looks pretty much exactly how edef talks so theres no doubt thats an alt to someone related to heat

Reactions: ftneko5

DashUOfficial

Mar 14, 2022

you can kinda tell by the way the account is designed it sounds and looks pretty much exactly how edef talks so theres no doubt thats an alt to someone related to heat
unless edef has an official account here, which then will obviously prove it but it's not an alt finding contest lmao

DashUOfficial

Mar 14, 2022
You know, you are talking about the illegal (cracked) version?
As a dev i would change a lot, about the registration, to make it difficult for cracks - abd i think we have the same here.
On the legal version i don't think, they'll have the problem.

Why you don't start a game like this yourself, if you think it would be that easy?
I'm not a programming person, but i can believe it is hard to create a game for pc with vr stuff and watch so much different hardware - the tripple A studios have the same problem with different hardware and they have more people and money for this.
Also you're not an AAA studio. Immediately after getting a menu complaint in your discord you immediately resorted to raging out about it in multiple paragraph form on this site a literal DAY later to try to gain more fame? What more of a coincidence so we need just name yourself edef be honest and go about your day

toranzu

May 25, 2024
Your best bet is GOAT, I doubt you'd ever see more then a color palette swap for the heat models.
After trying it out it's not bad, runs a wee bit warm tho, to the point that heat is in fact a better VR experiance (laptop cried)... shame the goat models are not able to be imported to heat, rather than the other way round.

GenXenophile

Dec 7, 2023
Hello again to all. In reference to my previous post, which may have been lost in the current debate, would anyone here be able to answer that post? It merely involves a matter of gameplay, skipping any details of marketing and economics. My original question reads:

Hi there. Among all the interactions, I have noticed that with watersports enabled, you cannot, uh, "drink from the girls" unless they are futas. Not sure if this is a VR function, as I can only play in 2D mode. To be honest, that is one of my favourites, especially with Astera and Marina. Anyone have any info on this? I eagerly await a response..

Hope to hear a reply, thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: DashUOfficial

DashUOfficial

Mar 14, 2022
Hello again to all. In reference to my previous post, which may have been lost in the current debate, would anyone here be able to answer that post? It merely involves a matter of gameplay, skipping any details of marketing and economics. My original question reads:

Hi there. Among all the interactions, I have noticed that with watersports enabled, you cannot, uh, "drink from the girls" unless they are futas. Not sure if this is a VR function, as I can only play in 2D mode. To be honest, that is one of my favourites, especially with Astera and Marina. Anyone have any info on this? I eagerly await a response..

Hope to hear a reply, thanks.
Thats a feature that hasn't been added. Also, it's more of a VR game.

GenXenophile

Dec 7, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I know that the main focus of the game is to cater to the VR users, and I appreciate that. I was just curious if I missed something. If I had the disposable income to shell out on a VR setup, my questions would probably be more interesting. But I very much like the game, in the state my hardware can run. I also do not have the desire to spring for a liquid-cooled custom gaming-only machine. In any event, thanks for replying.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: catsdino and KATC14
Mar 3, 2021
Not really - sry.

while you are here, fix the bug for canted VR HMD (180° flips at the 359° angle and premature culling):

Reactions: kep31 and ftneko5
4.40 star(s) 27 Votes