_SP_

Jan 17, 2021
View attachment 3761431
for some reason the option is greyed out for me? i also tried booting steamvr through quest then booting heat from steam, but nothing, attached are 3 videos, 1 showing me opening heat with steam vr open, but through the
View attachment 3761443
exe, another booting the game from my steam vr library, then another booting flat mode perfectly fine, and even on the admin account i cant enable the openXR setting (sorry for the low quality videos, size limit lol)

First of all:
You don't start it here as we advised.

For the second:
The first video.... ( attachment 3761431 ) where you start the heat directly.
Why are you closing OculusHome? :eek:
Heat it starts in desktop mode because the loading of the VR interface is interrupted!
It must not be closed! You should wait until it switches to VR view.

I'm surprised it headset didn't log out of PC when you close that app.

Reactions: keitaka

MrFancy

May 19, 2022
First of all:
You don't start it here as we advised.

For the second:
The first video.... ( attachment 3761431 ) where you start the heat directly.
Why are you closing OculusHome? :eek:
Heat it starts in desktop mode because the loading of the VR interface is interrupted!
It must not be closed! You should wait until it switches to VR view.

I'm surprised it headset didn't log out of PC when you close that app.
The first video was more to show it boots normally *in* flat mode, i wasnt trying to boot vr. And also, by "You don't start it here as we advised." Do you mean heat or steam vr? I booted steam vr via oculus, and booted heat through both the exe AND the steam vr library

_SP_

Jan 17, 2021
The first video was more to show it boots normally *in* flat mode, i wasnt trying to boot vr. And also, by "You don't start it here as we advised." Do you mean heat or steam vr? I booted steam vr via oculus, and booted heat through both the exe AND the steam vr library
OhNo3998 clearly described how to add the Heat game to the library. attached screenshots as well. Me too.
You have to do the process exactly is described.

In both videos you always start the game directly, only in a different view.

If Heat game is added to the steamvr directory, must be started in vrhome and the Heat application will not wait for vr to start because it is already active.

And must not close oculus home, if you use oculus link. it must run in the background!

MrFancy

May 19, 2022
OhNo3998 clearly described how to add the Heat game to the library. attached screenshots as well. Me too.
You have to do the process exactly is described.

In both videos you always start the game directly, only in a different view.

If Heat game is added to the steamvr directory, must be started in vrhome and the Heat application will not wait for vr to start because it is already active.

And must not close oculus home, if you use oculus link. it must run in the background!
alrighty, this time i added it to my library, marked it as a vr game, had the meta quest app open, and switched the openXR to steam,yet im still having the same problem, video is attached below as an mp4

(some parts are sped up due to long loading times on my end)

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
I honestly have no idea why this game either runs like ass for me or runs perfectly. Seems to be tied to some focus bug with steam vr or something. Game runs the same no matter how high or low the settings are unless I open up them steam overlay, then it's 120fps in the backdrop but as soon as you go back into the game it is back to the same fixed VR framerate.

Only happens on some builds.

Mar 11, 2023
Hello, can I ask you to upload a couple of mods that are not in Google Drive? Please drop "sexpillow" "dog bone". Thank you very much in advance
those are not in the drive for good reason, they are both incredibly buggy and barely (if at all) work, I actually think they were removed from the discord

_SP_

Jan 17, 2021
alrighty, this time i added it to my library, marked it as a vr game, had the meta quest app open, and switched the openXR to steam,yet im still having the same problem, video is attached below as an mp4

(some parts are sped up due to long loading times on my end)
It's great that you showed the videos...
it seems to me that it maybe the driver at fault.:unsure:
After watching the last video, I suspect three possible errors.

Normally, this is how the whole process should run:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But in your case the steam interface starts properly. :unsure:
I see something only one difference, that the VR interface shows a mirroring display by default.
It might be something from the SteamVR apps.

1719165162840.png
Please check which applications are enabled in the VR interface:
OculusScreenshot1719162941.jpeg OculusScreenshot1719162955.jpeg
As you see I also use several tools.
And it happens that the error is because of this.
Maybe try turning off unnecessary VR devices. Or turn it on if SteamVR just turned it off automatically.

when I have serious error in VR.
I always check the integrity of the files first! Unfortunately, it often happens that the updates are installed incorrectly.
1719166230911.png

1719166326941.png
This has solved the error for me several times.

Another strange thing is that the screen is black. I mean in the game too not only in the vr view. :unsure:
Maybe the videocard driver should be updated?! You should try a "clean install"

I think they could be all possible sources of error.

Another potential error:
Maybe you use some kind of mod in the heat game?!
I think not. But it may happen that there is no compatibility between the versions.
I also suspect this because this is the only place where the error occurs.
If this is also the case with other Unity games, then it is clearly a driver error. :unsure:

Last edited:

Thot Patrol

Aug 2, 2017

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
Heat-EDEF-0.6.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: ftneko5

Paulax

May 20, 2021
Still a bit of a WIP but figured id release what I have so far for those who wanna mess with it. The butt model still needs a bit of work as its got a massive flat spot caused by smoothing and I didnt notice till it was too late to CTRL-Z it away.

OhNo3998

Mar 10, 2022
Where do you get your mods from?
The discord server as I only payed $2 for it but there's also a google drive floating around that someone updates with mostly working mods. A weird thing is you'd think a lot more mods would be made but most are for reskins with only 4-5 being actual new toys, so drive has all other mods in the server that seem to work and all

Sep 10, 2021
I actually had a fix for this myself and it was going through each one, with ones I wanted---First make sure the folders for the mods are one level deep so it would be "[Mods]--[Mod named folder]---[Windows folder + two other files]" for each one and only a certain amount of them work which for me was the second and third image View attachment 3755817 View attachment 3755821 View attachment 3755822
So just to confirm, all the mods you show here are currently working? Hopefully the 6.3.1 version doesn't cause any issues.

And I did verify my mods are installed correctly.

Sep 10, 2021
So I went through the Character Skin and Location mods from the Google Drive folder and hand-tested each one. I screenshotted my modlist before and after I went through them.

Before:
Heat mods before.png
After
Heat mods after.png

OhNo3998's post has some of the other mods I didn't test, so hopefully together we have a comprehensive list. I removed any mods that couldn't be reloaded even if the skin seemed to work on first load, so some of the mods on their list aren't included on mine. Note that the Autumn Dorm location does work, but not for the new characters.

I do wonder if it would be useful to curate the Google Drive mods into current and deprecated categories.

Mar 11, 2023
Yeah, and how do you do that?
Every forum page got the: guy that has never used a forum before

1. Scroll to the top of the page

2. Look at the upper right hand side of your screen

3. Click on the box what says "Search..." (It looks like this)
1719350824348.png

4. If it doesn't show up in the search results, then understand that it does not show up because people like you flood the forum with stupid questions, burying the actually helpful information, causing more people to ask stupid questions because they can't find the information, causing an endless cycle of me and others having to post the same goddamn google drive link 800 times. Please, think before you ask.

P.S. could a moderator please add the drive to the front page of this forum, it would clear a lot of these issues up :D
heres the link

Mar 11, 2023
So I went through the Character Skin and Location mods from the Google Drive folder and hand-tested each one. I screenshotted my modlist before and after I went through them.

Before:
View attachment 3767912
After
View attachment 3767913

OhNo3998's post has some of the other mods I didn't test, so hopefully together we have a comprehensive list. I removed any mods that couldn't be reloaded even if the skin seemed to work on first load, so some of the mods on their list aren't included on mine. Note that the Autumn Dorm location does work, but not for the new characters.

I do wonder if it would be useful to curate the Google Drive mods into current and deprecated categories.
I have attempted to separate all the deprecated mods from the working mods, there were some inconsistencies between mods you said didn't work and mods that OhNo got to work, & a handful of mods had to be updated, so i assume those work properly now, and may fix some other ones.

If anyone runs into a problem with any mods in the regular folder just shoot me a dm & I'll get around to moving it

Reactions: strong_p4ssword

Thot Patrol

Aug 2, 2017
Every forum page got the: guy that has never used a forum before

1. Scroll to the top of the page

2. Look at the upper right hand side of your screen

3. Click on the box what says "Search..." (It looks like this)
View attachment 3770468

4. If it doesn't show up in the search results, then understand that it does not show up because people like you flood the forum with stupid questions, burying the actually helpful information, causing more people to ask stupid questions because they can't find the information, causing an endless cycle of me and others having to post the same goddamn google drive link 800 times. Please, think before you ask.

P.S. could a moderator please add the drive to the front page of this forum, it would clear a lot of these issues up :D
heres the link Google Drive
I appreciate you telling me, but how about you mind your manners. I didn't even know the mods were posted on this topic. You act like I'm suppose to know things, even when I'm not chronically online like some people are

Reactions: naedsala
4.40 star(s) 27 Votes