Sep 10, 2021
Any way to turn off character collisions? It's messing up freeposing with multiple characters
No, but you can disable tail collisions. I thought characters didn't collide with each other during free posing, unless you mean the hand-snapping feature or collision acting on moving bodies.

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
No, but you can disable tail collisions. I thought characters didn't collide with each other during free posing, unless you mean the hand-snapping feature or collision acting on moving bodies.
Is there a way to enforce full collision?

Whenever im trying to pose things i often see that characters are acting like they are in Skyrim and have became part of the furniture, walls or the other character.
Im looking for a way that makes the posing a bit rigid so everything stays natural.

Reactions: monkisuma

htyrgetyhgfd

May 10, 2024
Crack DLL:

Full cracked download:

Again renee's vag masturbation is still broken, but it's more problematic now, as she disappears on changing from vag to peen and back again, so still being worked on it seems.
how does the crack DLL work?

tettet

Jun 12, 2018
Will save everyone the trouble. Any of the FBT calibration and features are still incredibly jank and lacklustre. Rather than setting it through SteamVR, it auto-detects in the menus now. That's nice, but the tracking is still awful. I think their problem, in part, is likely that none of these bodies are actually configured for IK, so using characters as "playerbodies" is incredibly hacky. It's clear that this feature is more novelty than anything and the game is focused toward the 'viewing' experience.

This is fine, but then they probably shouldn't pretend they want to do things with FBT at all: it's just a very poor experience and difficult to align anything even with disabled collisions.

It's really strange, however, that they struggle with it at all since they market themselves on the VR experience. Have three stations and there's still massive wobble/drift which isn't an issue in any other game, even when just using 4 or 6-point. Going down to three point and controller jitter is still a persistent problem (in spite of, say, VRChat handling 11pt just fine with no drift or jitter).

Oh, and the rendering is still an issue for sim sickness. I'm not sure if it's a refresh rate issue, but Heat uniquely has a sort of 'buttery' rendering that seems to be the issue. Again, not a problem in any other VR title and the framerate itself is fine, so guessing there's hitches in the refresh somehow.

Reactions: Lolwut365

Axlrow

Nov 23, 2023
Will save everyone the trouble. Any of the FBT calibration and features are still incredibly jank and lacklustre. Rather than setting it through SteamVR, it auto-detects in the menus now. That's nice, but the tracking is still awful. I think their problem, in part, is likely that none of these bodies are actually configured for IK, so using characters as "playerbodies" is incredibly hacky. It's clear that this feature is more novelty than anything and the game is focused toward the 'viewing' experience.

This is fine, but then they probably shouldn't pretend they want to do things with FBT at all: it's just a very poor experience and difficult to align anything even with disabled collisions.

It's really strange, however, that they struggle with it at all since they market themselves on the VR experience. Have three stations and there's still massive wobble/drift which isn't an issue in any other game, even when just using 4 or 6-point. Going down to three point and controller jitter is still a persistent problem (in spite of, say, VRChat handling 11pt just fine with no drift or jitter).

Oh, and the rendering is still an issue for sim sickness. I'm not sure if it's a refresh rate issue, but Heat uniquely has a sort of 'buttery' rendering that seems to be the issue. Again, not a problem in any other VR title and the framerate itself is fine, so guessing there's hitches in the refresh somehow.
Interesting, so the game is poorly optimized. I never really thought about that but you might be up to something, every update the game seems to run a little worse.

Reactions: strong_p4ssword

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020

NGL its kinda surprising how poor the IK and collision stuff is in this game, tons of folks make characters for VRchat that do all of that pretty well. not to mention we had stuff like Gmod a billion years ago that let you do ragdoll and posing of characters with the fuckin tool gun so its wild that the characters feet (or any other part really) dont have collision with the ground or pmuch anything else really, and most other body parts for that matter. i'm still a noob at 3d character modeling and havent got to rigging and doing skeletons yet but i have some surface level knowledge and i feel like given how long this game has been around they should be a little farther along with their physics model and IK at this point. i mean i still think the game is cool, far be it from me to complain about something im pirating anyway but there are a LOT of people who are actually paying for this, and new characters and environments can only get you so far.

tettet

Jun 12, 2018
NGL its kinda surprising how poor the IK and collision stuff is in this game, tons of folks make characters for VRchat that do all of that pretty well. not to mention we had stuff like Gmod a billion years ago that let you do ragdoll and posing of characters with the fuckin tool gun so its wild that the characters feet (or any other part really) dont have collision with the ground or pmuch anything else really, and most other body parts for that matter. i'm still a noob at 3d character modeling and havent got to rigging and doing skeletons yet but i have some surface level knowledge and i feel like given how long this game has been around they should be a little farther along with their physics model and IK at this point. i mean i still think the game is cool, far be it from me to complain about something im pirating anyway but there are a LOT of people who are actually paying for this, and new characters and environments can only get you so far.
The issue is that IK is very particular to:
* How your trackers are positioned (this includes controllers and HMD)
* How the model is set up (IK requires very specific tuning)
* The shape of your body compared to the shape of the model.

Heat, for whatever reason:
* Automatically designates the points your trackers connect to without showing you what & where you're calibrating. There is no way to do actual calibration that would normally resolve placement issues.
* None of the bodies are configured appropriately for IK in the first place.
* Exacerbates differences in shapes by, again, not allowing you to calibrate tracker positions appropriately.

It's not even a "my feet don't touch the floor" problem, it's a "the orientation of the model's bones are completely wrong because Heat can't play nice with trackers." The playerbody FBT very frequently ends up scrunched, rotated at odd angles, and facing the wrong angle compared to the HMD. It's an improvement over the previous version where it was literally "the player FBT is stuck in the floor at all times while your viewpoint floats above," but it's still pretty terrible.

I think really what it boils down to is that Heat is not a game designed with FBT and that level of interaction in mind. It was built as a "fixed pose gallery in VR" style game with some limited interactions involving toys & pose adjustments. Again, perfectly fine & they do well at that, but then I'm still left wondering why they're bothering with FBT at all.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes