VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes
Apr 15, 2022
no problem, here is the continuation with a little bit of story (I don't even read the game) :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jokes aside, does anyone have a library of games with good renders? good and bad may subjective. so here is some of that I consider great
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
what AI program did you use to make these?

ABQ-NEW

Jun 9, 2023
I don't think so. There is nothing about threatening to dump the game if support goals are not met, so probably not? :unsure:
Then again, he could have learned a lesson? ;)
That reminds me... can you sue someone for saying something so stupid that it made you hurt yourself??
when I saw his post threatening to abandon this game too if we did give him more money, I facepalmed my face so hard that I got a nosebleed.

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023
Was going to edit my last post, but for safety, I suppose I won't...

I guess I've got to sort of commend the dev for at least being straight forward and honest. They didn't need to, and I don't think there was any doubt it would get significant blowback, so... At least anybody going to join their Patreon is adequately informed. That's good.

I don't think it's a realistic way to produce good games in this genre right now, and I also think they are not properly considering the effects of reputation. But, that's their problem, I guess.

However this has very much killed any hope I had for having hope about this game. The only way to have a shot at having consistently good quality and loads of choices is to sacrifice time between releases. Or at least time between releases any given player will care about. This means you end up with increasingly long times between releases, or you put out releases that only a fraction of your playerbase will actually play (and deal with the negative emotions you create in them as they see a release only to realize it's got nothing for them). Neither option is really very compatible with the way Patreon is structured.

On top of all this, the game will only get increasingly difficult to create as time goes on as the choices start stacking up and creating a combinatorial explosion. The dev seems to be somewhat aware of this, I think, based on the price increases for later versions. If the dev is also not willing to compromise on his effective hourly rate... it's just a perfect storm for this never getting finished.

I'd suggest the dev focus on much more linear games in the future. That's the only way I see the time/effort/funding aspects aligning in a way they would find acceptable. Given the quality of the work, I'm sure all but the few most choice-obsessed folks would find it an acceptable tradeoff - especially if the games actually get finished that way.

George213

Feb 7, 2018
I don't believe that the developer stopped working on further updates, one of the best games with great graphics and beautiful characters. I think he made a mistake and should have continued with the development of the game, I believe he would have achieved a good result in a few years. I don't think he reached the goal of $1600 to continue version 0.3.

Last edited:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
The fact that he abandoned a previous VN that was really good, made many people hesitant on supporting him. What is he expecting, with so many developers asking for monthly support? Also many people only pay for the final release, or a finished season, like any other software.
I haven't tried Heir Apparent but his previous game Primal Instinct was excellent for graphics at the time.
He's really good with DAZ but he cannot expect to have a mass of people jumping on his Patreon after a few updates (and with no guarantee he's really interested in completing the VN).

Mike81

Sep 23, 2018
Absolutely stunning models and renders, it's a shame the game is being abandoned but it goes to show what a game could look like in the future.
I TOTALLY agree with Hyper Majoris everything about this game SCREAMS that you need to continue with it !!!!!!!!!!!!

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes