Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
We are about half way through the first act with around 7 more to come afterwards. :)
I am glad to hear that. It sounds like this game is coming along at a regular pace. Any scenes with girl on guy boxing/ wrestling by any chance? Perhaps that could be a scene featuring the Circle of Wrath?

AstorethGames

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
I am glad to hear that. It sounds like this game is coming along at a regular pace. Any scenes with girl on guy boxing/ wrestling by any chance? Perhaps that could be a scene featuring the Circle of Wrath?
We had a thought about making scenes for fighting moments but unfortunately the budget couldn't allow us to pursue that.

The script is written for a larger part of the game but we are currently not drawing new assets as both me (coder) and tbe writer are working on other projects so that we could fund this one.

I wouldn't expect any update for Hellbound in the coming months but once it's financially possible we are most likely gonna rebuild it from ground up and improve in every way possible. That means better gui(this one sucks currently), cleaner programming, more scenes, improved storytelling. The experience I got working with other people made me realize how unpolished Hellbound actually is.

Also our Patreon page is really poorly done and not at all professional. Which is to be expected, given that for most of us it was our first real project.
Don't think we forgot about y'all, don't hold a grudge against us for going silent again, we are here, my heart is in this game and I want to deliver.

And to tell you about what I'm currently at, with another programmer greedylust, we are working on Rise, which released few days ago
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-to-the-top-v0-1-1-emrg-games.105391/#post-7345670

Greedy is one of the best programmers on here, no doubt in my mind, and working with him tought me so much.

Sorry that it turned into offtopic ramble but I wanted to tell y'all what our situation is, no PR just harsh facts.

Thanks for coming to this page few months after last release and commenting on it, it means everything to me.

Peace ✌

DeMoN!

Jan 11, 2018
I liked the art style alot but I want to know something before trying the game
Is his mother officially dead or she will appear and have her scenes in the game?

hrhr

May 13, 2019
We had a thought about making scenes for fighting moments but unfortunately the budget couldn't allow us to pursue that.

The script is written for a larger part of the game but we are currently not drawing new assets as both me (coder) and tbe writer are working on other projects so that we could fund this one.

I wouldn't expect any update for Hellbound in the coming months but once it's financially possible we are most likely gonna rebuild it from ground up and improve in every way possible. That means better gui(this one sucks currently), cleaner programming, more scenes, improved storytelling. The experience I got working with other people made me realize how unpolished Hellbound actually is.

Also our Patreon page is really poorly done and not at all professional. Which is to be expected, given that for most of us it was our first real project.
Don't think we forgot about y'all, don't hold a grudge against us for going silent again, we are here, my heart is in this game and I want to deliver.

And to tell you about what I'm currently at, with another programmer greedylust, we are working on Rise, which released few days ago
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-to-the-top-v0-1-1-emrg-games.105391/#post-7345670

Greedy is one of the best programmers on here, no doubt in my mind, and working with him tought me so much.

Sorry that it turned into offtopic ramble but I wanted to tell y'all what our situation is, no PR just harsh facts.

Thanks for coming to this page few months after last release and commenting on it, it means everything to me.

Peace ✌
Now that the other game has been abandoned for a few months as well... any hopes for this? RIP, I had such high hopes for it

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

AstorethGames

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Now that the other game has been abandoned for a few months as well... any hopes for this? RIP, I had such high hopes for it
Dayum, seeing people still come here and comment makes me really happy. At least someone remembers this game fondly.

Honestly, fuck, rise being cancelled was one of the most heartbreaking things to happen. One day we were discussing the schedule of our release, the next day I woke up to a "Sorry, guys, this is over, I have to leave" message. We were in dark about what happened for a solid few months, and then when things calmed down we were told what happened and it made sense, but was still really painful.

Im still friends with Alex, the writer of Hellbound. He is currently looking to get oficially published with his novel, so not much time to do game making stuff. We were talking about resurrecting this in the future, if it was to happen I am unsure if it would look the same, we were leaning a bit into "Ravager" type of game, but that is pre-pre-pre alpha brainstorming.

Right now I'm cooking something different, but it won't be released under this developer name. Idk if it's a coincidence, but heavy religious themes will be present too lmao

RedWarMachine

Sep 27, 2020
Decided to stop by on a whim. Suck the other project fell through. Hope to see this brought back at some point; Hellbound's definitely one of more unique and interesting VN concepts out there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AstorethGames
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes