Others Help Me, Brave Sir Knight! [R3] [Papel]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
WASD Does the same, rebinding didn't fix, the movement does work as intended on the itch page, and doing other actions didn't make a difference either. Yeah, the jumping is working as intended, it's just the left right movement.
Well, so there is hope.

A wild guess might be a controller input being detected?
There's a possibility. Below's my code for movement:

Code:
func move_action(delta:float):
    direction = Input.get_axis("ui_left", "ui_right")
    if direction > 0:
        $Skeleton2D.scale.x = df_scale.x
        if (poffset.position.x < 0):
            poffset.position.x *= -1
            eoffset.position.x *= -1
            flipped = false
    if direction < 0:
        $Skeleton2D.scale.x = -df_scale.x
        if (poffset.position.x > 0):
            poffset.position.x *= -1
            eoffset.position.x *= -1
            flipped = true
    velocity.x = move_toward(velocity.x, vSPEED * direction * run_mult , ACCEL * delta)  #acceleration
The main thing to look into is the first line, direction = Input.get_axis("ui_left", "ui_right"). ui_left and right are bound to keyboard keys, joystick d-pad *and* the left stick. By default, analogue sticks have a deadzone of 0.5 in Godot, so you have to go over halfway for it to start registering.
I don't have a controller with analog sticks, so I can't test it myself, but I do have a snes-like USB controller and it didn't cause any problems (other than making me realize no buttons work as accept or cancel, and that on the web, the mapping is all weird).
If the problem turns out to be that, fixing it should be trivial, as I can either remove the analogs from the input, or set up a different action to function as the movement axis. There's also this which apparently points the problem to PS4 controllers

Mythboi do you have a controller plugged in, or connected somehow? If so, see if unplugging it works

Mythboi

Jul 19, 2018
Well, so there is hope.

There's a possibility. Below's my code for movement:

Code:
func move_action(delta:float):
    direction = Input.get_axis("ui_left", "ui_right")
    if direction > 0:
        $Skeleton2D.scale.x = df_scale.x
        if (poffset.position.x < 0):
            poffset.position.x *= -1
            eoffset.position.x *= -1
            flipped = false
    if direction < 0:
        $Skeleton2D.scale.x = -df_scale.x
        if (poffset.position.x > 0):
            poffset.position.x *= -1
            eoffset.position.x *= -1
            flipped = true
    velocity.x = move_toward(velocity.x, vSPEED * direction * run_mult , ACCEL * delta)  #acceleration
The main thing to look into is the first line, direction = Input.get_axis("ui_left", "ui_right"). ui_left and right are bound to keyboard keys, joystick d-pad *and* the left stick. By default, analogue sticks have a deadzone of 0.5 in Godot, so you have to go over halfway for it to start registering.
I don't have a controller with analog sticks, so I can't test it myself, but I do have a snes-like USB controller and it didn't cause any problems (other than making me realize no buttons work as accept or cancel, and that on the web, the mapping is all weird).
If the problem turns out to be that, fixing it should be trivial, as I can either remove the analogs from the input, or set up a different action to function as the movement axis. There's also this which apparently points the problem to PS4 controllers

Mythboi do you have a controller plugged in, or connected somehow? If so, see if unplugging it works
You know what, I do have a controller plugged in. That fixed the issue.

Reactions: papel

Philifran

Feb 21, 2023
Decent and interesting game, hope to see more fuckable enemies in the future, like elf girls/futas, androids, low ranking slaves etc

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Now on Release 3

New stuff

• Added config files, now your options will be properly saved across different sessions (keybinds and web saving might not work, do report if they don't);
  • Made new graphics for the player knight, now with 2 armor sets. You can change between them in the Options/Customize tab;
  • Made a new graphic prompt for when the player can grab an enemy, a hand that is the same skin color as the knight;
  • Added some backgrounds to the stages. Stage 2 still looks like crap, sorry. Stage 3 looks very good now, tho;
  • Added a death animation to the bat enemy;
  • Added a short visual effect for hits the player does on enemies;
  • There's an option to show FPS and limit it, in case anyone wants it;
Bugfixes
  • (Hopefully) Fixed a bug that caused players with a connected PS4 controller to be unable to move with the keyboard;
  • Fixed a bug that allowed lower framerates to make the knight jump extra high;
  • Fixed a bug that caused the big h-scene to partially clip/interfere with the draw order of objects in the game;
  • Fixed the option to alternate between anal and vaginal (inside options), now it works as advertised;
  • Fixed a bug that made it impossible for the player to attack while invulnerable after being hit;
  • Fixed a bug that let the player set a negative number on the customization options, this was possible only from the main menu;
  • Fixed a bug that would keep the player's attack region turned "on" if timed well with a grab;

So, what's in store for R4? Possibly more stages and a new female enemy type! That or maybe a boss enemy, we'll see which ends up showing! In either case, expect some new sex stuff (and a long wait time)

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
HelpMeBraveSirKnight-R3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Oxxon

Jul 19, 2018
Are movement and attack working?
Do you have a controller plugged in? If so, try unplugging it
yes, movement and attack are working, there is a error on the console it says " TwoBoneIK: Cannot verify the joint bone index for joint two... and
No Bone2D children of node rfoot. Cannot calculate bone length or angle reliably.
Using transform rotation for bone angle" i can attack and move left to right but cannot jump.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
yes, movement and attack are working, there is a error on the console it says " TwoBoneIK: Cannot verify the joint bone index for joint two... and
No Bone2D children of node rfoot. Cannot calculate bone length or angle reliably.
Using transform rotation for bone angle" i can attack and move left to right but cannot jump.
That error is unrelated to the jump not working, it's related to the animation stuff that's still half-baked with Godot.

Still, weird, I have downloaded and tested, everything is working fine. With a generic SNES controller that doesn't have analog sticks, everything still works fine, too. Have you tried rebinding the keys? Both UP arrow and W fail to jump?

EternalBool

Jun 12, 2019
I had the same issue and it looked like he was trying to start the animation but stopped after the inital part. I looked at the FPS and it wasn't capped at 60 initially like the option setting would make it seem like. I had to reenter 60 fps in the options and it appears to be properly setting the limit now.

High FPS seems to break the jump.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Saitai Oxxon EternalBool

See if the problem persists with this version. Delete the "config.cfg" file in the folder if you attempt on the same as the first R3 version.

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
Would it be possible to view the Avatar while you're customizing them? It's hard to know what helmet or eyes I want unless I can compare them.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Would it be possible to view the Avatar while you're customizing them? It's hard to know what helmet or eyes I want unless I can compare them.
Right now, the best way to do that is on the first or 3rd stage, as you're close to an edge of the screen. It's something I have to look into

Oxxon

Jul 19, 2018
That error is unrelated to the jump not working, it's related to the animation stuff that's still half-baked with Godot.

Still, weird, I have downloaded and tested, everything is working fine. With a generic SNES controller that doesn't have analog sticks, everything still works fine, too. Have you tried rebinding the keys? Both UP arrow and W fail to jump?
the problem is fixed as soon as i capped the fps at 60 thank you.

Atomschlumpf

Sep 6, 2018
Also had the problem with the jumping, changing the FPS in the options to 61 and then back to 60 fixed it.

Also the way you can set the speed in the sex animation is hilarious, you can go all the way up so it loops back around to slow again :ROFLMAO:

LossRaca

May 27, 2017
so, no cotroller plugged in, windows 11, laptop. Attack working. movement working, jump is like he jumps against something right above him, sound plays, strange movement but no actual jump. Grab, no idea if that has an animation, but is i press down or s, he does nothing.

Aug 10, 2019
interesting. the art work has appear to it and game play looks simple enough. any chance of male enemy that could turn the tables on sir knight? always could have option to turn it on/off for those not into that. Furry stuff tends to go both ways so I'm kinda hoping this could turn out to be that niche I've been looking for. ether way good luck with your game, may a perverted muse find you.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes