3.20 star(s) 94 Votes

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
OK, so I wasn't aware of the recent name and game structure changes for this project. But the dev says in the developers notes area, that this is a harem story...but there isn't any harem tags (at the top of the projects post, or in the Genre area...or even in the future tags).

From the dev....
That's why we're proud to present our new game, the labor of many months of hard work - Helping The Hotties - a harem game where you play as the only male character in a camp full of curious, seductive, ladies. Will you find the right one for you or will you be able to handle all of them? Play the game to find out!

I'm just looking to confirm if this is actually a harem title.
The game has always been about getting all the girls, but the previous versions also had some drama elements, such as a pre-established girlfriend character breaking up with the PC (which is still in the game I think) and another male character with a significant role. Basically, getting the girls wasn't without conflict and moral dilemma, which got a certain crowd upset. The new version is specifically aimed at appeasing this crowd, so the wording from the dev is probably very intentional.

Reactions: MrBenny

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Helping the Hotties [v0.9.0] [xRed Games] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Ren'Py/Python folders changed, read the Spoiler before installing!
There maybe is a conflict between scrappys mod and this patch.
For Mac read the Mac part inside the install spoiler.

Compressed update only from 1080p by Asenaris [191 MB]

Win/Linux: v0.8.9 1080p -> v0.9.0 1080p [390 MB]
- - -

Win/Linux: v0.8.9 4K -> v0.9.0 4K [1,55 GB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Cool to see that this got a rework. I remember playing the old version and ended up dropping it due to how obnoxious the father character and his interactions with the PC were.
Right? Last thing any story needs is a good antagonist :rolleyes:. Frankly as much of an asshole the father was, he was still more likeable than the MC ever was...to me anyway. Instead of removing the father, the MC should have been switched to the father instead, the kid has cuck written into his DNA in this game. Dev team made a lot of poor decisions with this game, and removing the antagonist may help the MC look like less of a pussy, but still a very unlikeable MC.

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
Right? Last thing any story needs is a good antagonist :rolleyes:. Frankly as much of an asshole the father was, he was still more likeable than the MC ever was...to me anyway. Instead of removing the father, the MC should have been switched to the father instead, the kid has cuck written into his DNA in this game. Dev team made a lot of poor decisions with this game, and removing the antagonist may help the MC look like less of a pussy, but still a very unlikeable MC.
I don't think he was a good antagonist, just a raging dickhead. The MC had to be written as weak and spineless because it's pretty much the only way you can narratively justify the MC not telling the father to go eat a barrel of shit with every interaction they had. A good protagonist-antagonist dynamic has a push and pull tension that drives the story forward due the actions and response of each party. The dynamic in the previous iteration was just angry dickhead goes a-raging and the MC rolls over and submits unreasonably. There's no push and pull or tension there. It's just annoying.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
I edited the script to reflect the family members. Eve is referred to as Mom by the MC, Emily and Kiara. It is purely cosmetic and seems to break the voices but it gives the semi incest feel back to the game as it makes it clear you perving on your mom. Just move the contents into the root folder for the game.
Will it need updating for new version? thanks

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Hope there's some action in this update and not just the same blue balls walking simulator.
The girls are hot alright but fuck was it boring after a while. I actually thought the gf was pretty damn sweet and then it was like "nope, gonna break you up".

Goblina Lover

May 20, 2017
can someone explain how any of you got, "antagonist" out of the Dad? Being a hardass doesn't automatically make you an antagonist.

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
voice addition is just so stupid in adult VNs to be honest.
a. they are usually done by single female(which impacts the quality)
b. who the fuck wants voice in adult VNs? I mean it who?
If you knowThe awakening it also has the stupid voice.
it increases game size for no reason.
Adds expenses to Dev needing to play to shit voice actor
Completely agree on point one. Some VAs can get away with it, but generally at the level we're talking it's off-putting. My problem is you've read the line before they're a few syllables into it. I feel the voicing generally takes away from the immersion/atmosphere of the game it's meant to be creating as a result of voiced lines getting cut off from you moving to the next dialogue. To play a fully voiced game, must really extend its playtime.

However, I do actually enjoy hearing voices during the sex scenes (and other ambient noises, give me that creaking bed or desk thumping against the wall!) but that's more moans and very short exclamations of enjoyment rather than voiced lines as such.

But hey, while ever there's a way to reduce the volume of voice, it's best of both.

Note: My comments are not specific to this game but to voicing overall. I haven't heard the voices in this game for many moons.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Helping the Hotties [v0.9.0 1080p] [xRed Games] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Ren'Py/Python folders changed, read the Spoiler before installing!
For Mac read the Mac part inside the install spoiler.

Win/Linux: v0.8.9 1080p -> v0.9.0 1080p [390 MB]
MEGA - - Pixeldrain - Workupload

Win/Linux: v0.8.9 4K -> v0.9.0 4K
Will make one if/when the version was shared.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Compressed Update (1080 P) 390 MB/191 MB (Q80)

3.20 star(s) 94 Votes