RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
I'd argue there could even be a 4th category: the NPCs.
Technically, everyone but Leto is an NPC, but who I mean in this case are the characters who are nameless, as opposed to every extra character who at least has a name.
That would be like the mom who's banging her son's bully?

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Really like the option of simply "just touch and kill" here. Should make it a tag ... and actually anyone know other games with this mechanic? (Engraved Pleasure, Yuri and Claire, Tina, And the hero was never seen again etc.)
guys im new can anyone tell me if there any scenes with haylen that are not ntr
Technically Haylen has no NTR scenes at all. After all, she is not Leto's partner, but his mother. And not even his biological one.

That being said, if you mean if she got any scenes with Leto (the MC), then no.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Been sitting with update 14 uncompleted for a day with no real desire to go back to it. There's a chance that I never finish Lily's content at this stage.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Proof Of Life #228: Climax Getting Closer

Heya gents and ladies from the south, the north, the east, and the west, how's it going in this fine morning/afternoon/evening? Ready to hear more about HC3's development? 'Cause I'm ready to tell you more about it!

Done good progress since last PoL. The extra scene is 99% finished and tested, and I've started the very last chain of events before the end of the update. I've decided to add one more scene before the final scene, which I'm working on right now. Well, it's not really a new scene, but rather a bunch of planned short events that I decided to group into one scene instead. So yeah, this update will have something like 4-5 scenes + some more smaller sexy events all throughout, so quite packed with content.

Now, to adress the elephant in the room: the release date. I want to release the game sometimes next week. I'm not exactly sure when, it'll depend on how far I manage to progress this week, and how fast the artists can work (one is bedridden with fever right now, and the other is busy irl, so not great. I've tried to ask other people, but those situations are always quite stressful). I'll give you more details in the next PoL anyway.

After I've finally released this update, I also want to write a proper post adressing why the development time between each update has been getting longer and longer. Honestly, you guys are great, and I haven't seen many people complaining about it, but I at least owe you some explanation.

That's it for this PoL! I'll see you next Monday for more HC3 news!

Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

816b08f855db6983749a596a9f466a030f19ef0e37b0723f0029eca53abe754b.jpg

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Proof Of Life #229: Release For The Second Half Of This Week

Picture: Leto masturbating while standing in front of a door. What is going on?

Hello everyone, how’s it going in this fine morning/afternoon/evening? I hope all’s well as you’re patiently waiting for the new update to finally release. Talking about update, more on it below!

So, it’ll release somewhere this week, most likely around the second half of it. I’ve tested everything I made so far, added all scenes to the reminiscence room, and now all that’s left is add the last bit of content (1 short story scene, the last sex scene, and 2 freeroams + 2 mini-stories updates). It means I can work far more serenely now that I everything’s been properly tested, but it’s also hard to determine how long one sex scene is going to take to develop. I’m going hermit mode until it’s out, so hopefully it won’t take too long.

I’ve had to deal with a few setbacks last week, like that time I accidently erased ~2 hours of work, or this morning when I wanted to bang my head against a wall after spending 1h30 trying to get one single complicated animation to work properly during testing. I’ve also had some trouble concentrating as I’m dealing with what I believe to be a worsening case of computer vision, where things a few meters away are getting blurry sometimes^^ I can’t wait to get this update out so I can finally give my eyes some rest.

So, I’m repeating myself, but we’re looking at 5 scenes in total, + 1 extra scene + 2 freeroam events + 2 side stories + a bunch (4-5) of smaller events that are too small to consider scenes but aren’t really freeroam events either. Quite a lot for one update.

I’ll now go to bed and get some rest because I’m prettyexhausted. Thank you for your patience, and I’ll see you for the first release before the next PoL!

As always, thank you for reading, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

524cee7dd43a3b9ea22552c7b64f9eed8aee25f07694930cf2fad0212e33cfa2.jpg

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Why The Updates Have Been Taking Longer Lately + About The Next Update

~Long read ahead, get a coffee or some snack before you start~

Hello everyone !

For those who’ve played the new update, how have you been liking it so far?

So no PoL for this week because I’ve got nothing to say on HC3. I haven’t started working on the new update yet, as I’m taking a little bit of time off. I’ll go back to working very soon though.

Instead, I’I’ll be taking this opportunity to explain why the updates have been taking longer lately. Back in the day, I could release one every 30 days. Now it can take up to six weeks. Long story short, it requires more work than before. Nothing too extraordinary, but more details below (skip till after the "---" if you're not interested).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I don’t think I’ve been working less than before, but that’s easy to say when no one can verify. On the contrary, ever since I came to Japan, I’ve had more time to dedicate to the game, so I might be working more than I used to a year ago.

So, why are the updates taking more time? Well, basically, the length and overall complexity of each update has been slowly going up.

1) I’ve been taking a lot of feedback from players, and I try my best to incorporate it within the game, which means the amount of stuff that I try to add in each new update grows exponentially. It could be some more depth in the story-telling part, a few gameplay improvements, or more complexity in the visuals department. The thing is, if I add it in one update, I’ll try to add it in all subsequent updates, which means more and more work as time passes.

For example, you might have noticed the freeroam events getting more and more complex over the last few updates, to the point of turning into mini-scenes? Well, since people liked those, I plan on keep rolling with this concept, but it obviously takes more time to implement.

2) As I try to implement new ideas and expand on already existing ones to spice things up, restricting myself only to the already existing maps is often impossible, which means I need to make new maps. It’s been especially true in the last two updates.

Back during HC2, I used to make those maps in the built-in map editor, but now they’re made by hand in GIMP/Photoshop to make them look better and more “organic”, which is a lot more time-consuming.

3) Recently, for some reason, I always try to go one update = one quest, except that, similar to point (1), they’ve been growing in size and length a lot.

To explain it with numbers, I need to do a bit of explaining on how RPGMaker works. RPGMaker uses a system called “switches”, which could fulfill a lot of functions, like trigger an event or a scene, make a freeroam event or a character appear, change the speed of an animation, or even a character’s expression. About a year ago, one update took around 300 switches to make. Update 14’s quest took ~590 in total.

4) Visuals have improved. A lot. I don’t mean the new character design, but simply that I’ve been commissioning 2 artists (sometimes up to 5 at a time during busy periods) to either make custom animations or standalone sprites constantly lately, while back in the days I commissioned one artist from time to time when I needed an extra animation. You’d be forgiven to think that it should make development faster, but it’s the contrary actually.

For each artist I commission, I need to write a detailed explanation + scout the internet for references, or make them myself with stick figures. It’s a lot longer than just sticking a character’s head onto a bald animation like I used to before ; )

There, that’s about all I had to say. Please, don’t think of this as a rant or anything, because it’s not. I barely had anyone complain about the extra time it took for the new updates honestly. All I wanted was to keep you guys in the loop and up-to-date on what’s going on and how I develop the game you’re enjoying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the upcoming update:

I was hesitating on whether I should make the next update about the main quest or make it about Haylen. I wanted to make a poll and ask you guys, but I’ve decided to go with Haylen for Update 15 instead.

I know this will rub some people the wrong way, and I’m sorry, but I thought this was the best way to go about it. I don’t want to focus too much on the main quest and then have to add a bunch of side-quests before the endings to make up for how far behind the side-girls are. I might try to make Haylen’s quest shorter so I can squeeze the beginning of the new main quest in Update 15 as well, we’ll see.

Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful week!

N_Taii

PS: the new update will be released for the Grunt Tier on Thursday : )

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Technically, it's still NTR as a sexual relationship is not a requirement for NTR. lol
Technically, a romantic relationship is required though. But it is definitely NTR-adjacent enough. It might to fulfill the hard criteria but the general feel goes in the same way. I was making more of an "achktually" style of comment.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
btw N_taii I don't think you need to squeeze in the beginning of Quest 15, unless its a really good point to end. Idk about others, but for me it would be frustrating to start it just to be cliffhanged on it, cause it starting kind of sets the expectation of "there is something substantial here". If that falls short and one has to wait a month or 6 weeks for the continuation of that, idk what imapact that has on people's emotions.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Technically, a romantic relationship is required though. But it is definitely NTR-adjacent enough. It might to fulfill the hard criteria but the general feel goes in the same way. I was making more of an "achktually" style of comment.
It doesnt have to be limited to a romantic relationship only. As long as there is a relationship there that risks jeopardy due to outside forces, you can classify it as Netorare.

Example: You and your mother have a great relationship, she cooks your favorite meals, she gets you the latest games, she takes an interest in your hobbies. One day, you mother meets John, she starts inviting John for dinner, she starts asking your opinion on gifts to buy John, she starts dressing more un-modestly for John's approval and even starts engaging in PDA (Public Displays of Affection) with John whilst ignoring your presence.

Eventually your mother stops cooking you meals, stops getting you gifts, stops asking about your day and her only interest is pleasing John and obeying his whims. Congrats your mom has been stolen by John....Netorare.

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes