RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
A lot of time with piracy it's people attempting to try a game and they'll often buy it if they are pleased with it. That's not always the case, some people are just pirates, some people may enjoy it enough to play it but not enough to buy it, and some people just may not have the ability to pay for it. Things are different here since the vast majority of these games are not available on other platforms and they're funded via patreon so people may be less apt to subscribe to said patreon developers because there's nothing keeping most devs holding to a schedule. For every developer like N_Taii, Team NLT, and you have five or six dozen Gunsmoke Games, ICSTOR, and Dark Cookie situations where development is always delayed, buggy, or missing half the promised content, or goes years without updates because of "burn out", or gets wrapped up in technical problems that take years to finish. Then you'll have developers like Team Sad Crab who seem to specialize in blue balling their audience with a pittance of content across years of development.

Donating to a patreon developer is a seemingly easy choice but it's far easier to get burned than it is to find one that is worthwhile. Dark Cookie is a great example of that, four years ago Summertime Saga, while not speedy on the updates, put out consistent updates with worthwhile content. Fast forward to today and its "tech update" outlasted the pandemic, it's been two years since any actual story update, and six months since the last update with very little progress on the completion ticker. That is par for the course for a lot of patreon developers and that's why it's hard to justify supporting a patreon developer. Which is why it does suck to see an update leak early for a game like HC3, as N_Taii isn't piggybacking on a popular IP to bring in support, he's not using the standard big tit barbie dolls that are passed around and tweaked slightly for most Ren'Py games, and the HC games are not designed to just smack the player in the face with SEXITY SEX SEX. Henteria Chronicles is not like most projects here and while I have no issue at all with piracy, I do wish the updates wouldn't just get sharted out as soon as they drop.

May 10, 2023
personally, i think that any dev can t really be bitching about leeking an unfinished product while someone is paying you just to show support... if you don't want piracy with your game just finish it up in the shadows then make it profitable in the busines...anyway, there is always foolish ppl who pays for everything without think,that's how the world is so it doesn t matter what you think at the end of the day,.

if i were a dev, i would be happy to just earn 1 cent from my shit just for do it, but well, ppl is greedy af

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
personally, i think that any dev can t really be bitching about leeking an unfinished product while someone is paying you just to show support... if you don't want piracy with your game just finish it up in the shadows then make it profitable in the busines...anyway, there is always foolish ppl who pays for everything without think,that's how the world is so it doesn t matter what you think at the end of the day,.

if i were a dev, i would be happy to just earn 1 cent from my shit just for do it, but well, ppl is greedy af
"if i were a dev, i would be happy to just earn 1 cent from my shit just for do it, but well, ppl is greedy af"
Are you 12 years old? Holy, do you even have a functioning brain? Are you a functioning human?

Apr 2, 2023
Yeah I think someone's just out for blood here seeing newly created accounts and few posts to begin with. Even the things they talk about are barely about the game content and just flat out "piracy" issue

_Grotest_

Aug 5, 2018
At least it's not 20$ version otherwise whole patreon subs would be done dirty.
It's sad that leak happened so early, makes N_taii's efforts much less rewarding.
Well, sadly that's how piracy is... Free stuff at the cost of damaging developers motivation and revenue:(

• Angry
Reactions: Eye-switcher

Garouzar

Nov 27, 2022
Pixel art is how I roll, and I'm not planning on changing it for CGs or anything else. All I'm aiming for right now is bigger, more detailed pixel art, but it'll take a while and quite a lot of money before I get there.
detailed pixel art, ya mean the one that looks like in summer memories?

whelp, apologies if i was asking too much, i forgot that you are focused on pixel art. I should find someone to slap me

Garouzar

Nov 27, 2022
Pretty much this.
You wanna be a pirate? Fine, we're all pirates here. But at least have some level of self awareness that you're not owed the universe, and the creators still need some form of support to function.

As a pirate, you're already a leech. I'm already a leech.
It's an insult but the tradeoff is you're getting something for free, leakers should at least wait like a week or so, at least.
We're literally in a site central for free games that should require payment, so many games you can freely download, is it really that bad to hold out waiting a week more before tossing it to the wolves?
We are living in the age of you are a degen but you are beingg holy.... and that people are being holy in this site who suppose to be a place for degen to use.

yeah 100% agree with you, that people trying to be critical but forget to be gratefull :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Damn y'all are savages, it's already up here only 9 hours after the original release ? At least wait until the 5$ version it out so you don't hurt the dev financially that much, it's still wrong, but not as much xd

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
No offense, but leaking something generates more exposure. Without people leaking your game I highly doubt you would have half the patreon count you have right now.
You're wrong on so many levels it's mind boggling, the leaking itself doesn't generate exposure, uploading it to a popular website does however (F95 in this case), which is done by N_Taii himself a month after the original release, that means that the game would get the same amount of exposure even if dipshits wouldn't leak the game. Sure, majority of his Patrons found out about his games from this site (me included) but that's not because the game got leaked, i'm pretty sure at some point during the development of HC2 N_Taii had more Patrons than what he has right now (Currently 644 according to Patreon) and keep in mind that HC3 has alredy gotten leaked more times than HC2 was with it's 16 Updates.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I dont buy the piracy is bad take from triple A studios (just see project red and elder ring) and neither do I do it for patreon games.
Also, you really SHOULD buy the "piracy is bad" take because it's true, just because you didn't see From Software bitch about Elden Ring being cracked doesn't mean that it didn't hurt them, they lost 60 bucks just from me alone because the game was leaked almost instantly. Listen to my next words very carefully, ready ? They lost MILLIONS of dollars, M-I-L-L-I-O-N-S of dollars to piracy, but the difference between the employees of a triple A company and some random guy on Patreon is that the employees don't get paid based on how well the product performs, their salary is the same regardless of the outcome, devs on Patreon however, especially people who work on these games as a full time job, do get paid based on the quality of their game.

Last edited:

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I was a patreon for over a year and I still would be if you didn't try to push people into the super expensive tiers. I as a subscriber do not feel valued when there is exclusive content I will never have access to. Lets say your game takes a year to finish; why would I as a supporter pay 10 bucks per month and yet be excluded from the content in the end?
Nobody is pushing you to pay for expensive tiers, maybe the voices in your head but other than that...nobody else really, you wouldn't even need to pay that $10 if you had any self control, for $5 you'd get the exact same thing 5 days later. The $20 tier exists only for those who feel like supporting the development of the game more and the extra scene is a kind of "thank you" from the dev to those who are willing to support it with this much money, you're not gonna have a worse experience with the base game just because you miss out on 1 scene, after all these extra scenes are irrelevant to the story and they feature ony side characters. Your argument is the same as if i was to say that i'm not gonna pay for the $70 version of Diablo4 because then i'll be excluded from the content that is exclusive for those who buy the $100 version.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Honestly paywall-only content sucks, so such dev can't have my sympathy. Not to mention it's fairly empty and disappointing so far and best content was intro, so I see why paying customers are unhappy and are willing to instantly share with the community. Personally, I'm very grateful to people who share and not to people who paywall and don't really ever deliver.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Honestly paywall-only content sucks, so such dev can't have my sympathy. Not to mention it's fairly empty and disappointing so far and best content was intro, so I see why paying customers are unhappy and are willing to instantly share with the community. Personally, I'm very grateful to people who share and not to people who paywall and don't really ever deliver.
First of all, "paying customers" as you call them, or us...i guess, aren't unhappy, there is only 1 guy who leaks the game and he's not doing it because he thinks that the game is bad i'll tell you that much.
Second of all, you do know that the "paywall-only" content wasn't leaked right ? you still don't have access to the $20 version of the game because only the $9 version got leaked, the same version that would've been available to you in a month anyways, now you played the most recent version...and then what ? You gotta wait another month just the same, and that's a best case scenario for you because if the next Update doesn't get leaked then you're gonna have to wait 2 months now, which shouldn't be a problem i guess since you don't like the game anyways right ?

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I mean you not gonna stop people from pirating the game, but nothing wrong with the dev asking the leakers to not. This dev has been hella reasonable, seen so many dev blow a gasket and threaten to stop making the game, which just emboldens the leakers, since thats a great reaction to farm. And yea, Id says if the leaker does not remove it when asked by the dev, its probably out of spite for whatever reason the leaker has reasoned in his head (im a hero, I leaked it and people over me ect.), lol.
The problem is not with the people who pirate the game, once it's leaked the damage is alredy done regardless of what they do, might as well play it, the problem is with the people who leak it and you're right, N_Taii has been very reasonable and threatening to stop the development of the game is not the solution because that would not only encourage the current leaker(s) but it will also create more people who would be more than willing to sabotage the game, it's not even necessarily because they feel like heroes or Robin Hood but because it will make them feel like they're in power, knowing that they're in control of the future of the game gives them a better kick than any drog they can get their hands on.

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes