RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 14] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't disagree that the whole talk to X character with a heart over their head bit is getting to be a bit too common. I think part of the problem may be due to N_Taii having realized that people like the free roams and at that point he started focusing on them a little too heavily. I'll use one of Rose's from update 13 as an example of what I'm talking about. You can find her in her room at the duke's manor on one of the days checking herself out in the mirror, at which point it then breaks down into a scene in which a conversation between her and Leto, then her and the duke, and then sex with the duke, then another conversation with Leto. It's a little long in the tooth. Walking up to a character with a heart over their head is also a lot less suspenseful than looking in a window and seeing the aftermath before you go to the right spot to see the full scene or go to the right door to hear the groaning and moaning. The free roams are better for sure, but they're a little less fun these day.

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
It is a good point. I like the voyeuristic aspect of the free roam scenes. I like feeling that I've walked into something or seeing something I shouldn't be seeing, or seeing the aftermath or the build-up to a sexual encounter. The free roam scenes that fell short for me was the one Oriandu mentioned, and the scene with Rose in the tavern. As Leto, in his POV, I didn't feel like I stumbled onto something scandalous when I went up and talked to Rose. It would have been different if Leto saw Rose getting groped from a distance or out of sight.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
There was also this thing in HC2, i don't even really know what to call it to be honest, Feature ? Mechanic ? whatever, once i explain everybody will immediately know what i'm talking about. There was this thing in HC2 where if something sexual was happening in a room, and we had full control over Noah, then we were able to force a kind of perspective change by standing next to the door, and it would show 2 different maps right next to each other, one of them being the map where the sexual thing was happening, and the other one the map where Noah originally was, obviously.

Now i could be entirely wrong about this, but i don't remember a single instance of this happening in HC3, MAYBE there was 1 thing with Haylen in her room but even that's like a hunch at best. I guess the fact that almost every single Freeroam event can be interacted with is the reason why, but i kinda miss this feature from HC2. I remember there was a freeroam event for Haylen a while back where she was giving Jazon a blowjob on the second floor of the Church inside the kitchen, and it was not interactable whatsoever, the only way you could see it was if you were standing in front of the Church and you were watching it happen through the window. I don't know why but walking up to the kitchen door i was CONVINCED, that i would be able to force this perspective change and that i would be able to at least watch it from a bit closer than from outside of the window...but alas, nothing happened.

iRorc

Aug 27, 2023
There was also this thing in HC2, i don't even really know what to call it to be honest, Feature ? Mechanic ? whatever, once i explain everybody will immediately know what i'm talking about. There was this thing in HC2 where if something sexual was happening in a room, and we had full control over Noah, then we were able to force a kind of perspective change by standing next to the door, and it would show 2 different maps right next to each other, one of them being the map where the sexual thing was happening, and the other one the map where Noah originally was, obviously.

Now i could be entirely wrong about this, but i don't remember a single instance of this happening in HC3, MAYBE there was 1 thing with Haylen in her room but even that's like a hunch at best. I guess the fact that almost every single Freeroam event can be interacted with is the reason why, but i kinda miss this feature from HC2. I remember there was a freeroam event for Haylen a while back where she was giving Jazon a blowjob on the second floor of the Church inside the kitchen, and it was not interactable whatsoever, the only way you could see it was if you were standing in front of the Church and you were watching it happen through the window. I don't know why but walking up to the kitchen door i was CONVINCED, that i would be able to force this perspective change and that i would be able to at least watch it from a bit closer than from outside of the window...but alas, nothing happened.

This is actually what I thought Omniscient POV was supposed to be. I thought it was bugged when I still coulnd't really see the good stuff from closer up...

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The lack of split perspective free roams could be due to the two POVs. Such free roams would basically require N_Taii to build the scenes and possibly more than just the scenes twice to ensure that the partial MC POV players were only hearing the muffled noises.

On the subject of the partial MC POV... I'm kinda tempted to use it for the rest of the game. Like just start a new game to see how weird everything feels without being able to see the sex scenes. I feel like update 14 would be a very strange experience from just Leto's perspective.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Not gonna lie i completely forgot that there are 2 POVs, last time when i played with partial POV was right after i finished the Demo for the first time and i wanted to go back and check what this new POV was all about, which was, now that i think about it, literally 2 years ago...damn.
I like the IDEA of the partial POV and i think that it's great that it's there for people who prefer playing games like that, but i just don't think that it is for me, or i guess it's not even necessarily that it's not for me, i just simply don't play Updates multiple times because of how linear the game is and if i'm only gonna play the quest once, then i wanna see everything. I'll probably replay the whole game at some point in the distant future once it is finished, but until then i don't think i'll touch the partial POV.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The idea of partial POV is an interesting one, but in HC3 it sounds like the implementation is flawed. If a similar mechanic is to be used in HC4 then I think it needs to be taken one step further and for it to be pure MC POV only. Three things need to happen.

1. First, the hint board/orbs shouldn't be included, they're intended for the people who are going to see the free roams which should not be the case for MC's POV.
  2. Second, the free roams need to be shadowed out, no more seeing a zoomed in shot through a window, or seeing the characters fucking behind a building the MC can't actually see behind, no talking to people with a heart over their head to see scenes. The best you get get is muffled moaning and groaning because realistically that's all your character should be hearing.
  3. Finally, no scenes that are not important to the narrative should be shown if the MC isn't present. Using the update where Rose and the Duke first have sex as the example, we should have no idea what happened. We should know ahead of time that the Duke and Rose are doing something with the amulets to power up the peacekeeper towers and that's all, with the moaning and groaning free roam scenes and Rose's guilty behaviour in our presence as the only clues. We should be able to infer what happened but we should not be told explicitly.

I know that'll require N_Taii to build multiple versions of a lot of the scenes and therefore slow development down, but it'd be a better quality product and it would make the MC POV worth experiencing. It would give us a reason to play the game twice because playing the game only seeing what the MC sees first would give players more of a mystery to figure out and that would encourage a second play through to see if we're right about what exactly is going on.

XpoHu4

Mar 2, 2018
the Duke and Rose are doing something with the amulets to power up the peacekeeper towers and that's all, with the moaning and groaning free roam scenes and Rose's guilty behaviour
*Sigh* why stop there? We then dont know about amulets either, we would know nothing about anything, if we talking about ONLY MC POV. In that scenario the game would turn into the fucking mess and we HAVE to play game twice because we would lose 90% of the narrative and what actually happening in the world, because we only focusin on the MC and his surrounding. It is even worse at that point, because with your logic if we hear moaning and groaning, it can be heard by MC too, so if he is not an complete idiot, he would understand.
Thats why all nitpicking and be "as real as possible" wont work in the games, movies and other fictional stuff, there must be assumptions one way or another, especially in NTR stuff.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
*Sigh* why stop there? We then dont know about amulets either, we would know nothing about anything, if we talking about ONLY MC POV. In that scenario the game would turn into the fucking mess and we HAVE to play game twice because we would lose 90% of the narrative and what actually happening in the world, because we only focusin on the MC and his surrounding. It is even worse at that point, because with your logic if we hear moaning and groaning, it can be heard by MC too, so if he is not an complete idiot, he would understand.
Thats why all nitpicking and be "as real as possible" wont work in the games, movies and other fictional stuff, there must be assumptions one way or another, especially in NTR stuff.
Did you just purposefully ignore the sentence that started that paragraph or did you skim my post and just mash the comment button without thinking that maybe you should read the whole thing? I specifically stated that we shouldn't see scenes that are not important to the narrative... which means we would still be seeing all of the scenes that are important to the narrative, we just wouldn't be seeing the sex scenes. At this point in the game exactly zero sex scenes have been so important that we had no choice but to see them.

We "stop there" because what you're suggesting is not what is actually being suggested because I'm not an idiot. Swear to God, the worst thing F95 ever did for comments is remove the face palm reaction.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I almost feel bad for saying this cause i'm usually pretty vocal about how interactive Freeroam events are infinitely better than simple Freeroam events that you can just...see, but i think that lately N_Taii has been going a bit overboard with them, and i don't mean quantity cause there's no such thing as too many freeroam events, i mean quality.

I first thought about this right after reading the post where N_Taii explained why the Updates have been taking longer lately and obviously the main reason in that post was that the quality of freeroam events have drastically increased over the years, to the point where they're more like smaller scenes rather than actual Freeroam events...and i think that is precisely what happened, for example the only difference between the actual scenes for Lily and the 2 freeroam events that were added in Update14, is that the location from where you can watch these scenes are different.

Now i obviously can't speak for everyone so i'm not saying that this is objectively bad, but for me freeroam events should not have to be triggered in order for us to see it and they most definitely should not end after we're done interacting with them...most of the time, i love the freeroam event where Haylen is having sex with Jazon in his room on a random morning and i wouldn't change anything about it, but it's a great example for what i'm saying, you can't see anything before OR after you interact with Haylen, only while the cutscene is happening, and as i said, i wouldn't change anything about this scene but the fact that more and more freeroam events are like this is something that i have a bone to pick with.
I'm at a point where i keep thinking about that one Freeroam event where Cyanna and Ulrod are having sex down at the docks in front of the warehouse and i'm almost like "i wish we had more freeroam events like this".

I'll give a better example of what i mean and how i would've preferred it instead: there is a new freeroam event for Lily where she's standing in front of the greenhouse just below Nezar's shop with those Heart icons above her head that indicates that there is something happening here, once you talk to Lily the scene starts, Nezar appears, Leto leaves, Lily and Nezar starts having sex, scene over, pretty straightforward, it's a good freeroam event don't get me wrong, but again, there is nothing happening BEFORE and AFTER you talk with Lily.
How I would've liked this scene more you ask ? Easy, the EXACT same thing but instead of Lily standing in front of the greenhouse, she's already having sex with Nezar inside, and you can only interact with those Heart icons on the ground, and once you do, the screen goes black and it says "15 MINUTES EARLIER", and THEN the exact same cutscene starts playing as the one we already have.
View attachment 3886277

As i said at the beginning, i've been thinking about this ever since that post was made on Patreon right after Update14's first release, but i didn't want to write it down cause i knew that it would be a really long post and i was just too lazy to bother (and as i'm looking at it right now, it seems i was spot on unfortunately), however this week's PoL was released 2 days ago, and N_Taii ended the post by saying this:
View attachment 3886224
This was what actually made me want to write this monstrosity down, i don't know exacly what i'm expecting from all of this, but maybe this will somehow snowball into a discussion or whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (hopefully more than 2 people will bother reading it lmao)
Very good point. Its fine to have both, but from my side I also like just walking around and seeing lewd stuff happening, rather than having to press a button to see a scene. It should either be number 1 (because we dont have infinite dev time), or both, but having only 2 seems like a needlessly less good.

Reactions: Matoga

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
HenteriaChroniclesCH3ThePeacekeepers-U14
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Titivillus

Apr 23, 2018
I saw this game (earlier versions) when i first entere this site and still didn't know the meaning of all the tags, now i know.
Seeing this game at the time i played for a bit and i must say, the plot made me feel so much disconfort i felt physically bad for a while.

That being said, anyone here ever felt that because of a ntr story?

I'm used to mc's taking multiple women, and sometimes swinging etc, even some stories that have ntr (usually avoiable) didn't impress me so much, but in this story even when the mc shouldn't care much sometimes... it felt wrong...

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes