Ren'Py Hermione Trainer [v0.2] [EdgeAI]

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Karnewarrior, i would like to ask you something ...

I'll show you two pictures,
and then another picture:

1. ) View attachment 4069322 View attachment 4069323

2.) . . View attachment 4069324

Which of them do you think is at a higher level ?
Short answer:

CirnoXFumo.png

Longer answer:

You're not making a fair comparison. Firstly the AI image is a closeup of the face while the first 2 images are a chibi and bust shot respectively, both at a much lower resolution. Even their in game sizes have a large discrepancy. You just aren't able to cram in as much detail and subtly without things looking messy.

Secondly, Akabur's style is closer to a graphical, comic book still compared to the AI apparent attempt at a stand alone illustration. While I agree when it comes to perceived technical skill the AI piece utilities a wider variety of edges for shadows and line coloration, no one is zooming in to look at these details while reading text or jacking/jilling it. People like myself are looking for a cohesive scene. In this way the images you featured from Fantasy conquest either fail or actively avoid by blurring everything (save the 5th one of interacting with the clothes).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As such, a more fair comparison is something like asking which one of these scenes seems more cohesive:

compare_akabar_ai.png

I added Mindy because the way her cell shading matches with the game's art direction more than the current AI Hermione with her softer edges. This comparison is still not perfect since a) the scaling algorithm (Lanczos3) used on Akabur's piece to match the size of the other assets makes the edges slightly fuzzy, diminishing it's appearance and b) I've edited the image of Mindy slightly to remove some rendering errors. This is also an admitence that nothing I wrote here is inherant to AI but simply common tropes that plague works involving its assistance.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Short answer:

1727360051067.png
your answer is a good way to compare the situation of these images :
The AI image is qualitatively far superior to the two Abakur images.
This AI picture represents a good development of the Abakur style.

Longer answer:

You're not making a fair comparison. Firstly the AI image is a closeup of the face while the first 2 images are a chibi and bust shot respectively, both at a much lower resolution.
From your answer I conclude that you don't know where these two Abakur images come from. Because: The resolution of the underlying images is the same. It is as Karnewarrior correctly noted.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 004218.png screenshot0001.png

Now compare the two images in terms of their quality :
and you will see that the AI image is far superior to the Abakur image !

Herm 4.png Herm 5.png

----------------------------------

I won't go into the story itself here. I can do that later.

Last edited:

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
This reminds me of a little joke of how scientists were able to create life out of dirty and went to show God. They told him they don't need a God because they can make life out of dirty. Then God asked "Where did you get the dirt from?"... pause... "When you create dirt out of nothing, then come back to me"

So let me ask you this - would there be "far superior AI art" without the original Abakur art? It's newer, it's different. But better? That's subjective.

Reactions: EmDotRand and oaiki

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
If the silver mod has a higher resolution than the original game and you had access to it, why didn't you do this in the beginning? You also haven't explained how the AI version is superior. Repeating a claim is not the same as explaining it.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
So let me ask you this - would there be "far superior AI art" without the original Abakur art? It's newer, it's different.
But better? That's subjective.
Yes, is better.
i see with my own eyes : Is much better !.
And you ? with your own eyes : You this not see ?

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
i have.
You are pushing the analysis way too far here.
The AI does what it's told to do. If you ask it to generate expression of disgust and discomfort, it will do it.

By the way, I used the same model and LORA as the dev, and as you can see, the quality and level of detail is not the same.

(EdgeAI what other LORA or tweaks do you use? Your renders are softer. I suppose you also use disney princess or something like that?)

As for Akabur's game, yes, it is misogynistic, that's the whole point of the game, manipulation and rape. But it has nothing to do with human VS AI.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying the AI art is superior. It's not. Art has no superiority, it's subjective.
Subjectively, I prefer the AI. But it's perfectly valid to prefer Akabur's. It's silly to act like one has more value than the other because it happens to match your personal preference. The only non-subjective value a work of art can have is how often it's subjectively liked by a large segment of the population. Anyone with a niche kink will tell you exactly how much that particular metric matters too; sometimes, great things come in niche packages.

As far as I'm concerned, the AI art here is just to supplement the dev's art skills and make development easier. I'm no more offended by him using AI to create the initial sketch than I would be to find ChatGPT had been used to make the initial code skeleton for the game, or hunt for syntactic bugs. Both of those being things ChatGPT is extremely useful for.

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes