Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Elena and Erina sound very similar. Interesting ...
Implying that Elena is also a genderbent Hero? :unsure:

(Joking, just in case :KEK: ).

It's more like an intermission. I was thinking people are getting a little bit sick of Cecille.
Next update is more of Elena, but there will be a scene or two with Cecille. Depending on how much time I get.
Well, who would get sick of Cecille after finally having sex with her? It was what we were waiting for :KEK:

Personalitywise I find this half-feigned rivalry and push and pull quite entertaining.

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
I enjoyed a lot Elena as a character, again pretty well written (Maybe a tad bit fast, but that's goddess intervention for no?).
It doesn't have to do with the Goddess really, it's just Mars want to get over with it as quickly as possible.
But I guess the real reason is that I wanted to layer corruption at different speeds with different forms. I thought it would be interesting, although most of what I'm doing is just out of a theory/idea, it's not like I've done something like this before so I hope it pays off well.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Can play this game on android?
Yes, but no.
There is an unofficial android port of the game linked earlier in the thread, but once you get past all the chattering exposition dumps at the start it's pretty much game over for android players. Any attempt to start the dungeon or training sections will take you to a screen where the game is technically still running but it doesn't recognize any input from the device. Only way to exit is to tab out of the game and close it.

Apr 7, 2020
It's more like an intermission. I was thinking people are getting a little bit sick of Cecille.
Next update is more of Elena, but there will be a scene or two with Cecille. Depending on how much time I get.
You do you, but if you want my two cents if people were tired of Cecille they'd have stopped checking in long ago. Have some faith in your female lead (and she is your female lead by far and away just by the amount of time spent characterizing her, her screen time, the number of lewd scenes with her, the number of options the player has where they can choose to show her favour compared to the choices they can show favour to the other girls, etc).

If you wanted to add an intermission, I think Lavinia and Vi are starved for screen time and thus are the most obvious candidates, and Sera could stand to have a little more as well (even if I don't much care about her, she was an established character and is effectively Cecille's sister in this whole curse business). Another thing you could've chosen to do was add optional interactions during the content there already was, such as chats with Vi and Lavinia.

Optional content that helps build the world, lets the player favour one girl over the others and makes things a little less "railroaded". That also gives players a reason to go through the story again to experience the new content (assuming, of course, that there is enough of it, though judging by the scale of the last update that shouldn't be a concern) which is always a plus in such episodic narrative games where people might've gone through the starting chapters months ago and be forgetting some important details and most of the world building. It also gives players an opportunity to rethink which girls they want to show favour to without making them go through the entire game again solely for that purpose.

It's not that Elena is a bad character - I can see multiple comments from people who loved the latest update, and that's proof enough for me that you did a great job as usual, even if she isn't at all my type - but she and her corruption are a fairly radical shift of tone from the rest of the story.

I get that you want to characterize and play around with the new character you just introduced, but giving almost all of the screen time to her for two updates straight is a bit much. Often enough this is why sticking to just one or two female lead(s) is a good idea - because resources are finite and you have to choose one or at most two things as your goals and sacrifice all others in service of achieving them.

I'll be real with you, because 1. I liked the story until the last update, 2. I usually am not alone in these things, and 3. I reckon you could use hearing this feedback: I came here for Cecille (cover girl), stayed for Cecille (she had roughly 90% of all screen time before this update) though I really liked Vi and Lavinia and was willing to suffer through Sera's story to keep going, but with Elena you are starting to lose me.

But that's just my two cents. You do with 'em as you will.

Ahhjksio

Aug 18, 2017
You do you, but if you want my two cents if people were tired of Cecille they'd have stopped checking in long ago. Have some faith in your female lead (and she is your female lead by far and away just by the amount of time spent characterizing her, her screen time, the number of lewd scenes with her, the number of options the player has where they can choose to show her favour compared to the choices they can show favour to the other girls, etc).

If you wanted to add an intermission, I think Lavinia and Vi are starved for screen time and thus are the most obvious candidates, and Sera could stand to have a little more as well (even if I don't much care about her, she was an established character and is effectively Cecille's sister in this whole curse business). Another thing you could've chosen to do was add optional interactions during the content there already was, such as chats with Vi and Lavinia.

Optional content that helps build the world, lets the player favour one girl over the others and makes things a little less "railroaded". That also gives players a reason to go through the story again to experience the new content (assuming, of course, that there is enough of it, though judging by the scale of the last update that shouldn't be a concern) which is always a plus in such episodic narrative games where people might've gone through the starting chapters months ago and be forgetting some important details and most of the world building. It also gives players an opportunity to rethink which girls they want to show favour to without making them go through the entire game again solely for that purpose.

It's not that Elena is a bad character - I can see multiple comments from people who loved the latest update, and that's proof enough for me that you did a great job as usual, even if she isn't at all my type - but she and her corruption are a fairly radical shift of tone from the rest of the story.

I get that you want to characterize and play around with the new character you just introduced, but giving almost all of the screen time to her for two updates straight is a bit much. Often enough this is why sticking to just one or two female lead(s) is a good idea - because resources are finite and you have to choose one or at most two things as your goals and sacrifice all others in service of achieving them.

I'll be real with you, because 1. I liked the story until the last update, 2. I usually am not alone in these things, and 3. I reckon you could use hearing this feedback: I came here for Cecille (cover girl), stayed for Cecille (she had roughly 90% of all screen time before this update) though I really liked Vi and Lavinia and was willing to suffer through Sera's story to keep going, but with Elena you are starting to lose me.

I'm very surprised to hear the author thinks people are tired of Cecille. She's best girl and you're right, absolutely the main girl. At the same time like I said I still enjoyed this update. Like you admit it seems pretty much everyone here did as well despite maybe being surprised about the direction it took.

I think your suggestions are good, necessary even for rounding out this game in its final version but I dont disparage the dev for trying to make big strides in the main story with each update. It's like they're giving you the main arc of their anime and you're complaining there's not enough filler. They're fleshing things out.
I dont get the sense this game is nearing completion any time soon, do you? Trying to influence the course the dev is taking at this point because you dont like one character seems premature. They may address all that worldbuilding, side character content at a later date (they've said as much). I dont think Elena's corruption is a radical shift from the story at all

Last edited:

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016

I myself think having options is never bad, and the whole story can't be centered about only Cecille. Compared to other characters in the story, she's unimportant, even if she's "the priestess", she's just that, a priestess that's replaceable with a fingersnap and no consecuences to be had. You, however, even if replaceable in the story, are at play with higher deities. Both the Queen and King of demons, an Evil Deity, a goddess(Which you will surely be able to fuck at a certain point(And I would ofc hope so))...Cecille is an ant in that scale, and so are Sera and Elena for taht fact, but you can't be playing around with deities all the time.

Anyways, if I had Cecille over and over with no rest time, I would quickly get bored of her, cause I might like her individually, but seeing other female characters roaming around I would want to have sex with them too, and I would very quickly lose interest in Cecille just because I'd feel the game is sort of "content-gating" me...While with what we have right now, we get a lot of Cecille, and then some variations with other girls. Sure, no Cecille scene in ONE update, boo-fucking-hoo, you do get a plethora of scenes with other characters, and the ability to replay all Cecille scenes from the gallery no problem.

The part where you give your feedback in your comment is fine, the part where you go "Don't change the focus from my character or I'll leave" sounds more like a blatant tantrum.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Seriously just ignore the whiners. Cecille is my favourite girl here, I don't think anyone needed a break from her but it was good to see some focus on some other characters too. Elena is ridiculously hot and she's clearly got the perfect degeneracy for Mars' harem. The story content was excellent, the lewd content was excellent, Cecille's behavioral transformation was satisfying af and I absolutely can't wait to keep pushing Elena. That was probably your best update yet.
You'll always get some weirdos who tunnel vision a single character on your harem cast, just tune em out. Make keep making the game you're making, they might whine a little but they mostly aren't going anywhere.

Apr 7, 2020
The part where you give your feedback in your comment is fine, the part where you go "Don't change the focus from my character or I'll leave" sounds more like a blatant tantrum.
Hell of a strawman. Kind of ruins your whole point, actually, because I very literally suggested all three of the other pre-established girls for an interlude.

The point I was making was that introducing a character and suddenly making the story all about them and them alone for the entire update, and stating that the next update will predominantly feature them, is asking those who were invested in the old characters to hang on for a long time.

Allow me to put it a different way: we have three established characters that could use the attention. Two of them are not sufficiently fleshed out. One of them has only two scenes, the other has not many more. Even Sera, the one with the most screen time of the three, could really use a bit more character building and a lot more development.

The problem I pointed to was not that Cecille was shafted. That is fine, likely even healthy for the game for an update. The problem was that a new character was introduced and suddenly all attention got shifted to her Deus-Ex-Machina style.

Seriously just ignore the whiners.
Congrats buddy, you too missed my point entirely. Read my previous post, and read this one. There ain't no whining, there ain't no tunnel vision going on here, the argument is that when a new character is introduced they should be eased into the story. Elena wasn't. She came in and all eyes turned to her, and will remain on her until her arc is done.
Well, that's fine if that kind of thing is your cup of tea. But don't attack people for pointing out this could've been done more gracefully.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The point I was making was that introducing a character and suddenly making the story all about them and them alone for the entire update, and stating that the next update will predominantly feature them, is asking those who were invested in the old characters to hang on for a long time.
How long have Sera fans been waiting? How long have Vi fans been waiting? How long are Erin fans going to continue to wait for content?
No waifu before the story, the story demanded that all attention be brought upon Elena until she can be corrupted sufficiently. I'd rather Nitro not compromise the story being told so tunnel visioned Cecille fans don't feel left out. It's a harem game and every single girl is going to need to wait for content at some point, and new girls are going to get the focus as the story demands it.
The hero doesn't have enough power to complete the quest, all of his girls have been compromised and he has no control over his party. Delaying Elena's arrival anymore wouldn't have made sense and as soon as she arrived all focus had to be on her.

Believe it or not your point wasn't so complex that I didn't get it. I just wholly and entirely disagree with it along with the entirety of your reasoning. Quit making it out as a comprehension issue. Implying people are stupid isn't a good look for when you're complaining that people are attacking you, that's some hella projection.

Apr 7, 2020
Believe it or not your point wasn't so complex that I didn't get it. I just wholly and entirely disagree with it along with the entirety of your reasoning. Quit making it out as a comprehension issue. Implying people are stupid isn't a good look for when you're complaining that people are attacking you, that's some hella projection.
Dude, you're talking about tunnel visioning and whining when I just made a simple point of "this is putting the entire rest of the story on freeze until it gets resolved which will take a lot of time, and adding too many new things risks spreading the narrative too thin". Even if you understood my point, you responded with things that don't make any sense considering my first post. That, coupled with how angrily you responded, was why I thought you missed my point; I thought you read the first paragraph and immediately responded.

Well, you do understand and you fundamentally disagree. Great, I can respect that, and had you said "In my opinion once Elena was introduced all eyes immediately had to be on her" in your first post I wouldn't have asked you to re-read what I wrote.

I just don't understand why my very mild criticism got you so upset that you immediately started attacking me rather than respond to my argument. We all want to see this become the best it can be. Let's please be civil.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
It is unfair to call Elena a new character out of nowhere. She was been hinted at since the beginning and her basic personality is all already well known before she appeared. If you compare her with Vi we have seen from the beginning but we still know next to nothing about her, Elena is more fleshed character than Vi even before this update.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Hell of a strawman. Kind of ruins your whole point, actually, because I very literally suggested all three of the other pre-established girls for an interlude.

Allow me to put it a different way: we have three established characters that could use the attention. Two of them are not sufficiently fleshed out. One of them has only two scenes, the other has not many more. Even Sera, the one with the most screen time of the three, could really use a bit more character building and a lot more development.

The problem I pointed to was not that Cecille was shafted. That is fine, likely even healthy for the game for an update. The problem was that a new character was introduced and suddenly all attention got shifted to her Deus-Ex-Machina style.

Congrats buddy, you too missed my point entirely. Read my previous post, and read this one. There ain't no whining, there ain't no tunnel vision going on here, the argument is that when a new character is introduced they should be eased into the story. Elena wasn't. She came in and all eyes turned to her, and will remain on her until her arc is done.
Well, that's fine if that kind of thing is your cup of tea. But don't attack people for pointing out this could've been done more gracefully.
It's how most media(Both movies and literature) go. They introduce a character and have a character-centric "chapter" or section for this new character.

Sometimes, they present the character then pull it back into the shadows, but this usually only happens with villains and mysterious characters so they'll be suspicious in your eyes, not a "normal"ish character.

If you look at media in general, it's always kind of like that; New character, plot centers around this character for a bit, then it just becomes one character more.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I just don't understand why my very mild criticism got you so upset that you immediately started attacking me rather than respond to my argument. We all want to see this become the best it can be. Let's please be civil.
Where did I say I was upset? I'm not, I'm just pointing out that the dev should ignore the whiners. That's not a personal attack, that's an observation that fits the thread of pretty well any well established game on this site. Keep making the game as is, ignore the whiners.
Yes, your complaint is a whine. Instead of making a constructive critique you're just rationalizing an emotional one. Every single heroine in this game has been consistently subject to the exact same treatment you're complaining Cecille just got. They haven't been forgotten or pushed to the side, they've been waiting until the story makes their presence relevant to it. We're still in the early game and the narrative is still the main driving force, the girls are just along with us for the ride at the moment.

Dadidares

Feb 27, 2022
in this update the previous scenes changed? and they changed the point of view so that the scenes look more pov

DavyDaoist

Jun 12, 2020
Did the public (Mac) release date got moved later since last update or is there game breaking bug I can’t know about ? Asking (and totally whining) because last time our dear developper made it 2 days later and yet not news 5 days later... Perhaps, it was moved to a week laps ? Please ? nitrolith ?

Reactions: FearlessGecko1
4.70 star(s) 274 Votes