steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
More info on the upcoming updates will be seen on my Patreon. For now I can't say much more about the future updates.
hate to tell you this (but not really). anything in regards to the question of incest you are gonna have to talk about here, if you talk about it on patreon they will shut your project down.
Yep. This game is straight fucked if you don't limit incest talk to sites other than patreon.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
The game sounded good until i read the player can't change the m.c's name so i am out bye .

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Sadly only pictured.
I'll be honest, I actually prefer it that way. My computer sucks. I basically can't do jack with the Unreal Engine at all, so once it gets far enough along the cat's out of the bag on the nature of the incest, the pictures will be a welcome addition to my games folder.

Reactions: StrifeOfShadows
Jun 25, 2018
I ain't trying to lick boot here - but isn't it going to get you in trouble for using directly owned character models from another company while having a Patreon? Specifically Jack in this case.
Or is there a legal loop hole here?

StrifeOfShadows

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2017
I ain't trying to lick boot here - but isn't it going to get you in trouble for using directly owned character models from another company while having a Patreon? Specifically Jack in this case.
Or is there a legal loop hole here?
I have thought about it. I am working on this. There might be changes on the names of the characters in the next patch

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Well, for you Jack naked & having sex is enough, for me not. And it kind of breaks immersion in a story with nothing to do to Mass Effect at all... It happens.
I mean technically she's dead in the Mass effect universe so her assets are free to use

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
poorly coded...keeps slowing down until its using 100% cpu and freezes
It's because every single CG is shown on top of the previous ones. After some times Ren'py lost its mind, too much to do every single time it refresh the screen.

StrifeOfShadows you should have used scene and not show.
And also, how could our decision have consequences in the future updates since you don't keep trace of them and branch to common labels after each ones ?

The story can be interesting, but so far it's killed by the realization.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I have thought about it. I am working on this. There might be changes on the names of the characters in the next patch

Changing names doesn't help if you are still using assets directly from the games.

The only real option is like what Mortze did with SWe1: The Warrior's Heart. Although he definitely makes a living making these games, his Star Wars games are made immediately free to everyone on multiple sites. It is clearly stated that these games are 100% free for everyone, they are fan art only, and no money is being made from these games.

Now, if your game stays within the small community of us perverts then it may not be an issue at all. Lust Effect also used assets that came directly from the games and there wasn't any legal issues that came up as far as the community is aware.

I say just keep doing what you enjoy, and be crafty and subtle when if comes to showing images of characters belonging to others.

Reactions: StrifeOfShadows

StrifeOfShadows

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2017
It's because every single CG is shown on top of the previous ones. After some times Ren'py lost its mind, too much to do every single time it refresh the screen.

StrifeOfShadows you should have used scene and not show.
And also, how could our decision have consequences in the future updates since you don't keep trace of them and branch to common labels after each ones ?

The story can be interesting, but so far it's killed by the realization.
Nah, I keep track of things. I admit it will be a bit messy putting this all together, but in the end there will be branches of multiple paths. To be fair I am pretty new to this ''game building''. Still, learning. Hope I can improve to bring more quality to the table. That's why this might take some time. Because I am trying to improve the mechanics and everything else as much as I can.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Nah, I keep track of things. I admit it will be a bit messy putting this all together, but in the end there will be branches of multiple paths.
As your game is actually wrote, the only ways to know what was the choices made by a player is to use , or . But the result of those two functions are not limited to the current play.
Therefore if, by example, the player played the game twice, to have Dean and Jack point of view, you'll have no way to know what choice apply to the currently loaded save file. This simply because both renpy.seen_label( "deanmainthree" ) and renpy.seen_label( "jackmainone" ), as well as both renpy.seen_image( "20200804040002_1" ) and renpy.seen_image( "20200802075734_1" ), would return True, whatever what the player effectively did in this save.
Same if the player made a choice, then rollbacked because it don't felt like the right choice.

Unless you decided to tweak directly the core of Ren'py, and to do it directly from their source files, which is far to be a good idea, those are really the sole and only ways to know. And you haven't done this, or haven't done it correctly, since there isn't a single "new" variable in the list of the variables that will be saved.

Therefore, sorry to insist, but you are not keeping track of the player choices.

Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
Is anyone else having the same problem as me playing as Dean when you are in the underground area and Spidey show's up it just freezes up and does nothing even if you try and load again from the last save

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
poorly coded...keeps slowing down until its using 100% cpu and freezes
StrifeOfShadows, he is right about the CPU. You should do something about it for the next iteration.
The game has an interesting story, but the gaming experience can become frustrating when going through constant freezes.