VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heroine's corruption [v0.2] [Cake]

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Its more effort than your average Daz dev puts in, who spends more time rendering than actually making images. But you are correct that it is computer made. But all art is drawn by computer for these games so doesn't mean much. The characters are good, and his backgrounds have at least tint tone and shade so its not his strong point, but care has been taken.

as for evolving into something great, well who knows. That can be said of every .01 release we get, they are all crapshoots.
well let's hope for the best then. too often i'm assuming it right. time that someone proves me wrong again ^^.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
well let's hope for the best then. too often i'm assuming it right. time that someone proves me wrong again ^^.
Would be awesome. Right now it shows more promise than RLE but it feels like a watered down version of that. Everything needs more polish, we don't have clear indicators, the options are available (and doable) all at once, girl never leaves its just pointless to keep doing stuff with her when it doesn't gives you more points. When we sit next to her we don't see her, only text. During sex options she still stands in the same pose and we can't undress her, and so on and on.
Its fine, its 0.1 after all, there is lots of work to be done but as i've said before this has the potential to surpass RLE and i feel like this is exactly the goal as it is pretty much the same premise and follows a VERY similar path, already hints on much more options. But just you said.. we have an attic full of "promising" projects that went nowhere. I wanna believe that this will because i so love RLE, can't have enough of a good thing.

Reactions: Daxter250

lustfulCake

Dec 7, 2017
So I'm here! :)

about the drawing... this is not drawn. it's made with simple computer programs. just look at the beds, they are edgy as hell. someone who can really draw wouldn't draw like THAT. on the first pic you can see 4 beds, all with the same blunder on the upper right corner. so i guess that those beds (and the curtains too) are just dublicates...
You are absolutely right said about beds, their corners is awful and they are duplicates, but... it is adult game or adobe sketchup? I concentrated on girls and sex scenes, that they didn't look as bed corners. And in the end - I'm artist, it's my vision XD

When we see smaller icon-sized version? Not so much. But thats just a minor nuisance.
Do you think it will be good idea? Because when I created early concept, I was thinking a lot - is it a good decision to duplicate girl from screen at dialog screen? Reason why I didn't draw girl there - because we already have her image at left before our eyes :)

Well yes, I was inspired by rogue-like. But when I played in rogue, I was puzzled - why didn't use mutant powers in the game? For example - we could fuck Kitty through wall or something else.
And as I wrote on my patreon page - yes, I specially made Jenny corruption in this version very simple (just spam kisses every day and she will corrupt). Because it's "another one 0.000001" of unknown author and I was supposed to show all game aspects.

P.s. Sorry for mistakes, I have the fastest hand on the Wild West and I lose prepositions and characters when I write D:

Reactions: Draghough

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
So I'm here! :)

You are absolutely right says about beds, their corners is awful and they are duplicates, but... it is adult game or adobe sketchup? I concentrated on girls and sex scenes, that they didn't look as bed corners. And in the end - I'm artist, it's my vision XD
you know... beds fulfill other tasks other than sleeping ALONE in it over night ^^. it's like drinking a girl beautiful. a nice bed let the girl look better than she actually is ;D.

N3fer

May 20, 2017
I'm hyped for this one, but 0.1.

Is there enough content to be worth downloading or should I wait ?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Do you think it will be good idea?
Actually this should be the last on your imaginary to-do list. Really. Its unimportant, but noticable because we often see those miniatures.
I was puzzled - why didn't use mutant powers in the game?
Thats what puzzled you? What puzzled me is that RLE is in the making for years and we still have only 2,5 girls and nothing else. Thats what puzzled me.
He uses mutant powers :) The mc. His power is to negate other mutant's power. No need to get into the realism aspect of this. RLE actually just uses famous characters and touches those powers just barely. With Rogue, only to make her addicted to our touch. It really isn't about using powers in that game. If you wanna make powers an integral part of yours.. now that can be interesting but i'm not sure how much it would add to the whole corrupt-girls idea overall and lets face it. The mc gains power through masturbation. That doesn't leaves me with the impression that all these superpower stuff will be serious :)

I miss nude options. Jenny doesn't undress even when we are playing with her private parts :) Its a big thing in RLE that we can jerk off infront of the girls which increases their lust/corruption OR if done early it backfires. Right now we can only masturbate Jenny.. while she isn't really doing anything. (I mean during those several petting options) She need more lines, longers ones too. She is very basic for now. I know, its a first release, keep working on it :)

I gained +250$ from out of the blue, i still haven't figured out who gave that and when :D

Dressing options are scarce. Its a very nice thing she can have different clothes! Don't neglect this area. Keep an eye on the RLE thread and see that mods are introducing lots of new clothes in different situations. Which means fans do like the idea of dressing the girls. Now that you have introduced the option, you opened Pandora's box, there is no going back, you will have to introduce new clothes time and time again :D

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
What puzzled me is that RLE is in the making for years and we still have only 2,5 girls and nothing else. Thats puzzled me.
now THAT puzzles me too! i kinda liked that game when it first came out, but since a few month i gave up on it. the game doesn't evolve at all and seems to be stuck where it was a year before.

Reactions: Ennoch

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
I see Loki being low-key..them bam corruption!

corruption games are always a welcome

Reactions: ponyguy

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
There is this one glitch i've encountered thus far. I enter Jenny's room, do whatever but when i try to leave i find myself into the scene with the keyhole peeping, which suppose to occur when we approach her room and not when we are leaving.

Edit: I really love her ahegao look but she doesn't seem to cum :) We can only make her blush that her cheeks seem to be on fire but thats it. Nothing happens, only resets no non-blushing state and we can repeat.
Edit: Okay, the blowjob scene is very exciting with her receiving a phonecall:cool: ..but looks terrible!:oops:
Edit: Her looks, as we see her regularly in her standing pose, is way better than how she looks during sex.
Edit: At higher corruption/relationship levels (can't tell which) i started to get Ren'Py errors that i didn't get earlier. One during blowjob and one at the classrom when Captain america was the teacher, i tried flirt options with Jenny and when we got busted -> error, which i could ignore. The one with the blowjob i could not -> dropped to main menu.
Edit: Bruce Banner has red hair while on to podium.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
OK, I've played it for a bit. Short response: promising.

More detailed: Well, some may say, "Oh, it's only a 0.1, give it some slack". I can do that, but I would point out that there are several recent 0.1's out there that are fairly impressive.

But...slack given, here are some observations:

- Ennoch pegged it well about Jenny's non-interaction. She needs to do something other than change her facial expressions (though I think those are done nicely)

- I am sorely missing rollback. There have been a couple of times I've accidentally flown through text. Not being able to go back in game is a tool I miss.

- I've had my own weird "what happened?" moment. After a visit from the gardener, Jenny comes knocking. I chose the wrong choice and reloaded at the gardener visit. Jenny did NOT come knocking. I had to replay it about 4 times before Jenny came back. This may be proper, an in-game random generator, but it was confusing.

- What does class proficiency do? I can't find a barometer of where I'm at, nor are there hints of what it will be used for (currying favors with the teachers?)

- There is some serious internal grind. Not just the basic trainer grind (that's expected), but movement and menu choices.

Summarizing: I like the game. It has many flaws (sorry, Ennoch, but, yes, the English bothers me) and it has much potential for development.

Given that I'm "giving some slack", I'll reserve actual determination for a couple of more updates.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I hate Loki:mad:These kind of games need a original MC, otherwise it will ruin the immersion.
You aren't playing Loki. Morelike some poor champ who is tricked to believe he is related to Loki ;)

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I chose to make him blue. Just because.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Summarizing: I like the game. It has many flaws (sorry, Ennoch, but, yes, the English bothers me) and it has much potential for development.
Because it requres a lot of work? Yes, i do agree that isn't that good. Actually there is a moment which i could even call a bug...
During blowjob she tells us not to stop! But you have to do the opposite to see the scene unfold. I'm not sure if its a grammar error or a bug.

lustfulCake

Dec 7, 2017
Oh, thank you all for bug reports. I'll fix it.

Yep, "dressed and nude option" in my to-do list.
A little about money and class proficiency - money depends of class proficiency, if you lose lessons you get smaller scholarship. But how you don't have any chance to spent money and they just piling up. In the future you'll have a shop with usual for trainer game things - gifts, wear, etc.

you opened Pandora's box, there is no going back, you will have to introduce new clothes time and time again :D
Oh my God D:

Jan 15, 2018
characters seem Off model for the looped animation scenes
HJ scene and Sex scene look the worst
just makes it feel more grindy* imo
i hope future characters arent given the same treatment