VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

vor1993

Dec 12, 2019
just played the apparent latest update it stops just like the previous update from years ago just looked in my old game archive and found it again played that and it finishes exactly where the newest update does so someone has updated this for no reason as erosion has not been on this website for years " last seen 2018 "

sotorojo

Jul 18, 2018
Thought this was familiar. 2018 was a few years back. Too bad it was abandoned. It has a nice feel.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
As an original elite patron. If you've played the original, don't bother with the elite edition. Apart from the "elite edition" on the title screen, there's nothing new at all, not a single new render.
So what's the difference between Elite and regular version? Any increase in quality of the images or extra features? Maybe a difference was planned in the future versions that never happened?

It's a real pity this one was abandoned, it was so far ahead its time for the quality. And the plot was original too and well written.

Whore2U

Dec 1, 2021
damn it could have been amazing game but sadly it got abandoned years ago wish there was games like this if anyone knows similar games DM please

Jun 20, 2018
With a male protagonist, so its not even in the same neighborhood of similar.
While there are criminally few games with a female protagonist, I wouldn't say that was the only distinguishing factor of High Life. If it were, we'd be satisfied with quite a few games that have come out since.

What especially jumped out in addition was the composition of scenes, the thoughtful character designs, the both beautiful and relatable personalities, etc. These are even rarer in the VN space.

Reactions: elsanna_iduna

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
High Life was one of a kind, and there's nothing since that's been anywhere near good enough to fill the void. The lack of a game with the charm and tantalising realism of High Life has frustrated me to the point where I've decided to make a game with not one but two compelling female leads. View attachment 3172471 View attachment 3172472
Good luck, and I hope you push through! The last dev claiming to want to make a "spiritual successor" ("New Life" is supposedly the title) seems to be making a male protagonist game, but having a female MC and a very authentically feminine world view as a POV was key to the charm of "High Life".

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes