Cheat Mod Ren'Py Onhold High-Rise Climb[0.70.b.4][704621168]

slapgat

Jul 12, 2018
i dont know if it is the mod or the game but on the first shower scene with angela it freezes so i cant play any further thats with the mod and without is there anything else i can do to fix this
thanks for any help anyone can give me

Apr 5, 2017
i dont know if it is the mod or the game but on the first shower scene with angela it freezes so i cant play any further thats with the mod and without is there anything else i can do to fix this
thanks for any help anyone can give me
There is an arrow on the bottom right corner, at least there should be when your mouse hover over that area. If clicking buttons don't do anything then it might be your computer.

bcmans

Oct 4, 2017
Getting an error when using this mod:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/map_screens.rpy", line 228, in script
menu:
error: Out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
menu:
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1564, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 917, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1110, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3292, in interact_core
ev = self.event_wait()
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2325, in event_wait
self.check_background_screenshot()
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2140, in check_background_screenshot
self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
File "renpy/gl/gldraw.pyx", line 1351, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot (gen\renpy.gl.gldraw.c:19532)
full = renpy.display.pgrender.surface_unscaled(self.drawable_size, False)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70b
Tue Nov 12 23:45:16 2019

slapgat

Jul 12, 2018
There is an arrow on the bottom right corner, at least there should be when your mouse hover over that area. If clicking buttons don't do anything then it might be your computer.
Thank you as stupid as it sounds i didnt see it so thaank you

Apr 5, 2017
Getting an error when using this mod:

While running game code:
menu:

Full traceback:
menu:
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1564, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 917, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1110, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3292, in interact_core
ev = self.event_wait()
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2325, in event_wait
self.check_background_screenshot()
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2140, in check_background_screenshot
self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
File "renpy/gl/gldraw.pyx", line 1351, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot (gen\renpy.gl.gldraw.c:19532)
full = renpy.display.pgrender.surface_unscaled(self.drawable_size, False)
File "E:\Temp\HighRiseClimb-pc_compressed\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70b
Tue Nov 12 23:45:16 2019
I've never seen this error, but it shouldn't be caused by my mod because none of my mod files appear in your error traceback. Well it does say out of memory, um this post might be helpful
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-games-crash-after-1-2-mins.8728/

bcmans

Oct 4, 2017
Tried all the graphic settings in the Shift-D screen, but still the game with the mod crashes on them all. Without the mod the game runs no worries.
Sorry meant Shift-G, error:

While loading <'Image' u'images/IzumiChristmas/IzumiChristmas27.jpg'>:
File "game/izumi_christmas.rpy", line 288, in script
izumi "Ok, enough joking around."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/IzumiChristmas/IzumiChristmas27.jpg': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)

Apr 5, 2017

Exception: Could not load image u'images/IzumiChristmas/IzumiChristmas27.jpg': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)
does it happen as soon as you try to open the cheat menu?

Reactions: captaincrook

Apr 5, 2017

Ok there was one line of code which might be the reason to this. Back in the first release of this mod, I was trying to solve some performance issue (cuz my code sucked) and added one line of code which apparently waste a lot of memory. But I never bothered to remove it cuz it never caused any problems on my end. I have removed that line and update my mod in the OP.

Alternative you can manually try this yourself, open "HRC_mod_7046_0.7b.rpy" and remove the following code (it should be at the top)

Python:
config.image_cache_size_mb = 2000
See if that works. If it doesn't, then I'm sorry man, the error you have is really beyond my scope of knowledge.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

bcmans

Oct 4, 2017
Ok there was one line of code which might be the reason to this. Back in the first release of this mod, I was trying to solve some performance issue (cuz my code sucked) and added one line of code which apparently waste a lot of memory. But I never bothered to remove it cuz it never caused any problems on my end. I have removed that line and update my mod in the OP.

Alternative you can manually try this yourself, open "HRC_mod_7046_0.7b.rpy" and remove the following code (it should be at the top)

Python:
config.image_cache_size_mb = 2000
See if that works. If it doesn't, then I'm sorry man, the error you have is really beyond my scope of knowledge.
I will give that a try in a bit.

Apr 5, 2017
Game still crashed with that line removed.
Ok I looked at your error messages and noticed that you are playing the compressed version, maybe that's why?

According to the creator of Ren'Py, images are decompressed when loading, so that could blow all your memory I guess?

I've never tested my mod on the compressed version and honestly wasn't expecting something like this.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It is working fine with the bas ports and frankly every game needs to be decompressed to run properly -> hence the long waiting time when installing gta or odyssey or shadow of mordor or andromeda -> any and all 45+ GB AAA games have to decompress heavily and this pits the stress on RAM and on HDD/SSD .

Fine folks that game have to understand the concept of having lots of GB free on System drive and on game drive to support bloated exe files (3+GB exe of GTA or odissey) during game play, on top of, as you say, 10s of GB free to make game engine confident when running these games.

Please remember that this specific game dev is adamant to using full renders for the animations that in itself is ludicrous considering he boasts about rendering frames all the time. This means that the engine has to render full hd pictures, put them on top of each other and also apply the specific effects needed to make animations run smoothly ... some work, others not so much.

Reactions: Twistty

Domenico85

May 15, 2019
For those people who don't know how to open the cheat menu, I updated the OP just for you.

You are welcome.
hello and excuse me if I disturb you I reinstalled the whole game and put your mod, the game starts but as soon as I want to open your mod "C" I get this; and I understand that you talk about your mod ... can you check the attached file and tell me how can I solve it?

bcmans

Oct 4, 2017
Ok I looked at your error messages and noticed that you are playing the compressed version, maybe that's why?

According to the creator of Ren'Py, images are decompressed when loading, so that could blow all your memory I guess?

I've never tested my mod on the compressed version and honestly wasn't expecting something like this.
Thanks, I got it to start working reliably backing up the save files, remove the game, reinstall the game and saves, and then installing the latest release of the mod. So, far it is running smoothly. Thanks for looking at it and for such a great mod.

Apr 5, 2017
hello and excuse me if I disturb you I reinstalled the whole game and put your mod, the game starts but as soon as I want to open your mod "C" I get this; and I understand that you talk about your mod ... can you check the attached file and tell me how can I solve it?
I suppose you have a previous version of the MOD installed, also this error does not trigger when you open a new game right?

The reason this error appears is that I used to use a different set of values for my variable in the old version of this MOD and I was able to replicate your error.

To fix this, enter the console (shift + O) and enter the following
Code:
cheatcategory_7046 = "MAIN"

Quriosity

Sep 5, 2019
I am trying, and I 'think', I have this set up right. New install of 70b. Pressing c brings up the menu, but when clicking any link I error out. Below is an example of How Do I Get A Job For Bailey (because I can't, I level to 4 and still have no options).

Thoughts?

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'7046_cheatmenu/faq/bailey/Bailey Job.jpg'>:
  File "game/HomeController.rpy", line 155, in script
    call screen bedroom_m_1bed
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file '7046_cheatmenu/faq/bailey/Bailey Job.jpg'.

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70b
Wed Nov 20 20:37:38 2019

Apr 5, 2017
I am trying, and I 'think', I have this set up right. New install of 70b. Pressing c brings up the menu, but when clicking any link I error out. Below is an example of How Do I Get A Job For Bailey (because I can't, I level to 4 and still have no options).

Thoughts?

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'7046_cheatmenu/faq/bailey/Bailey Job.jpg'>:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\HighRiseClimb-070b-pc\HighRiseClimb-0.70b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
High-Rise Climb 0.70b
Wed Nov 20 20:37:38 2019
Where did you extract the files? Chances are you did not install the mod correctly.