Cheat Mod Ren'Py High-Rise Climb [n/a] [jsbb9999]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The first bathroom scene where we see the gal of MC's life and there is supposed to be some looping interaction, with a button to see it again included ... but the images that are present in the folders of the game never loop.

This was the work around suggested ... it just seems to break the game.

i think the bug with some renders not displaying at all, and ending 'animations' not replaying on Again button is when you jump to a label you may have scene pictures without dialogue and separated only by "pause 1" lines. i think pause doesnt work here and renpy skips all these pictures to the next one with dialogue.

what fixed it for me was adding a dummy character in script.rpy like so:
define filler = Character("")

open all rpys in np++.
then do two preliminary replacements (to avoid false hits in final stage):
pause 10 -> pause 20
pause 1.5 -> pause 1

finally replace in all rpys:
pause 1 -> filler " "

Hit Save All in np++.
Do you reckon you could maybe include a fix in the next mod so as to make those early animations actually display the loops they were intended to?

Thank you for this great mod!

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
The first bathroom scene where we see the gal of MC's life and there is supposed to be some looping interaction, with a button to see it again included ... but the images that are present in the folders of the game never loop.

This was the work around suggested ... it just seems to break the game.

Do you reckon you could maybe include a fix in the next mod so as to make those early animations actually display the loops they were intended to?

Thank you for this great mod!
Hi, glad you enjoy the mod.
as far as a fix to that "bug" you described, that's probably something that should be fixed by the game dev, if he think it is behaving differently that what he designed. i am trying to avoid any kind of modification to the original files as to keep this mod a standalone, so it can be easily installed/removed, and hopefully work for upcoming versions. thanks.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is the thing ... HE WON'T BE BOTHERED TO.

I came here hoping you could give it a look see ... as you would probe the code as you normally do ... and do the surgical non invasive procedure of ... makin' 'em work ... maybe in a gallery section, like quote on quote -> "Look what you made me do!" -> snarky angry look towards this dev.

Happy modding otherwise, you are a gem for providing the scenes triggers all throughout the game thread, even dev had to, seeing as his broken code keeps popping up like popcorn all the time.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
That is the thing ... HE WON'T BE BOTHERED TO.

I came here hoping you could give it a look see ... as you would probe the code as you normally do ... and do the surgical non invasive procedure of ... makin' 'em work ... maybe in a gallery section, like quote on quote -> "Look what you made me do!" -> snarky angry look towards this dev.

Happy modding otherwise, you are a gem for providing the scenes triggers all throughout the game thread, even dev had to, seeing as his broken code keeps popping up like popcorn all the time.
well, i think this one might need a modification on the existing file, so it might not fit into the model of this mod.
but i'll take a peek at it. can you please enlighten me which scene are we talking about specifically so i can pinpoint this?

thanks

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Sure thing ... The scene in the bathroom right at the start of game, where angela talks to MC about last night and a scene ensues. The buttons are there - > it says continue, but the animation is not running. There are a total of 2 stills that ... well ... still in there and there is no sequence of images playing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are also other scenes with no animation ... the actions advertised on screen do not trigger / happen

Last edited:

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
Sure thing ... The scene in the bathroom right at the start of game, where angela talks to MC about last night and a scene ensues. The buttons are there - > it says continue, but the animation is not running. There are a total of 2 stills that ... well ... still in there and there is no sequence of images playing.

There are also other scenes with no animation ... the actions advertised on screen do not trigger / happen

I tested all those scenes on my end, all continue/animation works just fine.
although it does lagg a little before the animation kicks in/happening, and it is very easy to accidentally click and pass the animation.

i am on version 0.65a of the game (non-crunched)

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for your gracious response.

I will draw up all my patience and try ... try again.

Happy modding!

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
where is the cheat menu. I'm playing the .65a version of the game if that's the correct version of the crunched
I'm also having the same problem. I'm playing .65 and the cheat menu button isn't anywhere. It's not in the usual bottom right corner.
Hmm i don't know. maybe try double checking if the cheat-mod file is in the right directory

anyways, cheat-mod is updated for 0.66a
#0.66a.1
- Added 0.66a scenes
- Moved JSBB button to top left corner of the screen
- Added ZAP button for quick hygiene and moral refill
- Added hotkey "z" for ZAP/Refill and "x" for Cheat Menu

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
Hmm i don't know. maybe try double checking if the cheat-mod file is in the right directory

anyways, cheat-mod is updated for 0.66a
#0.66a.1
- Added 0.66a scenes
- Moved JSBB button to top left corner of the screen
- Added ZAP button for quick hygiene and moral refill
- Added hotkey "z" for ZAP/Refill and "x" for Cheat Menu
your cheat mod was put in the game folder as instructed. is there any other information I should know about your mod?

icerno78

Jul 15, 2019
In .65 my game always crashed when i try to fuck Grace in the Bathroom of her flat. I hopped that this was fixed in .66. But sadly it still crashes there. Anyone know what to do? if someone can tell me where the save files are stored i can provide it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote