3.50 star(s) 15 Votes

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
About black screen - no, I've never come across anything like this. Perhaps you have a corrupted archive with the game, try to download the game again and unpack it in the same place where you have it unpacked now, having previously deleted and copied to another directory/local disk the version you have (saves will not suffer from this). Another (extremely unlikely) variant is that you got a censored version of the game.
I've loaded your save, result is on the screenshot.
View attachment 3418476
About logic. I agree about Stella, but turning off father's support? I think the changes required to make the work pay better would require too much work from the game developers at this point, slowing down further development. Well, with the current pay system it will only lead to excessive (and completely unnecessary) grind, which can bury the game's story underneath. Our protagonist will still need money, and it's a decent amount. This means MC will be forced to work many weeks in a cafe or nightclub, for anything else he will not have enough energy or time. Advancement on all quests (and the main plot) will be slowed down in the most radical way. And most importantly - it's an endless boring cycle: home-school-work-home and so on ad infinitum. It's just not interesting to play. After all, it's just a game, not a life simulator - that's what Sims 4 is for. :)
Like I said before something in game crashed it and now it is all black it have nothing to do with the version.

I download it again and like I said it is all black when you have the sex scenes all before and behind are working and so aso the Gallery have the same problem.

Like a said before I don`t get the pic it is all black and now on all places if I have done before it or not doesn`t matter all black.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
About black screen - no, I've never come across anything like this. Perhaps you have a corrupted archive with the game, try to download the game again and unpack it in the same place where you have it unpacked now, having previously deleted and copied to another directory/local disk the version you have (saves will not suffer from this). Another (extremely unlikely) variant is that you got a censored version of the game.
I've loaded your save, result is on the screenshot.
View attachment 3418476
About logic. I agree about Stella, but turning off father's support? I think the changes required to make the work pay better would require too much work from the game developers at this point, slowing down further development. Well, with the current pay system it will only lead to excessive (and completely unnecessary) grind, which can bury the game's story underneath. Our protagonist will still need money, and it's a decent amount. This means MC will be forced to work many weeks in a cafe or nightclub, for anything else he will not have enough energy or time. Advancement on all quests (and the main plot) will be slowed down in the most radical way. And most importantly - it's an endless boring cycle: home-school-work-home and so on ad infinitum. It's just not interesting to play. After all, it's just a game, not a life simulator - that's what Sims 4 is for. :)
I installed my graphic driver again (and delete the old) and after it work (I don`t know what have made these problems).

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Like I said before something in game crashed it and now it is all black it have nothing to do with the version.

I download it again and like I said it is all black when you have the sex scenes all before and behind are working and so aso the Gallery have the same problem.

Like a said before I don`t get the pic it is all black and now on all places if I have done before it or not doesn`t matter all black.
In this case the best solution for you is to attempt to get some help from developers. Try to connect with them via Discord. Did you use any mods to unlock the gallery? Try uninstalling them.
As an option (very unpleasant) - try to replay the game from scratch, deleting (pre-archiving, if you want) all traces of it, especially in AppData/Roaming/RenPy. In this directory, it is better to delete the entire HighSchoolDays folder
If this problem persists even in this case, the problem is in the software installed on your computer. But the developers will probably be able to give a more precise answer. Judging by this thread, you have a unique case (I've never seen any mention of black screen), I think your case will be of interest to developers.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
What do I do if I skipped Jessica's intro event? I can't seem to find her anywhere. Do I need to restart?
Maybe some trigger didn't work. There's no point in starting over, of course, but you must have some game saves, right? Roll back to an earlier save. And maybe that will help you:

Mangahiryu

Aug 23, 2017
DO me a favor, please open the game, then load your saved file, then go to the Phone, User Stats
There in the lower right side, there should be a small bug, press on it

Look for Ashley Story, Felicia Story and Chloe Story, and tell me what numbers those have, to start the event, it Ashley's should be higher than 89, Felicia should be higher than 42 and Chloes should be 17
RichyCapy my Felicia is only at 16 but I don't know what trigger I missed and there is nothing in the to do list

Sam xd

Dec 13, 2022
Does anyone have a guide? I got stuck in the tastes of D3 Frida and I also don't know how to take Chloe to the elegant dance.

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Does anyone have a guide? I got stuck in the tastes of D3 Frida and I also don't know how to take Chloe to the elegant dance.
There is a guide, but to the best of my knowledge, it is only available to Patreon subscribers.

RichyCapy

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
There is a guide, but to the best of my knowledge, it is only available to Patreon subscribers.
Yes, but the wiki is also very useful:

The main difference is that the wiki talks in general and in great detail, while the walkthrough is more direct and focused.

Reactions: astrophel
3.50 star(s) 15 Votes